Love this!!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Tracy Lorraine

Love this!!

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Saw this on Facebook today & had to share.
MikeTheEngineer

Re: Love this!!

Post by MikeTheEngineer »

Lol. I like it. If you derive happiness from something, and it harms no one, don't let anyone stop you. If you spend all your time trying to please others, you'll end up miserable. Enjoy life! Live and let live, and don't let busy-bodies that are miserable bring ya down!
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

MikeTheEngineer wrote:Lol. I like it. If you derive happiness from something, and it harms no one, don't let anyone stop you. If you spend all your time trying to please others, you'll end up miserable. Enjoy life! Live and let live, and don't let busy-bodies that are miserable bring ya down!
So true! This hobby carries a lot of negativity & implication that we're "missing" something in our lives & trying to use dolls to fill that void. Not true! All the dolly friends that I have are normal, well adjusted, happy individuals. People criticize things they don't understand or that they're afraid of.
DollyBabeChris

Post by DollyBabeChris »

I love it too. Good find, Tracy!

I used to try to involve one of my younger nieces (9), she loved holding my dolls. But the other adults made fun of me... and seeing this my niece started to too. Calling Ezra creepy, poking him, pulling his fingers. :evil: Nope.
Chris

LanaDollfana

Post by LanaDollfana »

Amen. It is strange that most other hobbies are exempt from the connotation doll lovers get. I personally am of sound mind, fulfilled in life and family. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

DollyBabeChris wrote:I love it too. Good find, Tracy!

I used to try to involve one of my younger nieces (9), she loved holding my dolls. But the other adults made fun of me... and seeing this my niece started to too. Calling Ezra creepy, poking him, pulling his fingers. :evil: Nope.
I've seen very similar things happen. I'm not having it either.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

LanaDollfana wrote:Amen. It is strange that most other hobbies are exempt from the connotation doll lovers get. I personally am of sound mind, fulfilled in life and family. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
Me too, Lana! :toast:
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I love it, Tracy!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
MonikaS

Post by MonikaS »

Cool!
MonikaS
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

Describes me perfectly :headspin: , I like being in this "perfectly normal" category :lol:

With the rest my dolly sisters :hug:
MikeTheEngineer

Tracy Lorraine wrote:
MikeTheEngineer wrote:Lol. I like it. If you derive happiness from something, and it harms no one, don't let anyone stop you. If you spend all your time trying to please others, you'll end up miserable. Enjoy life! Live and let live, and don't let busy-bodies that are miserable bring ya down!
So true! This hobby carries a lot of negativity & implication that we're "missing" something in our lives & trying to use dolls to fill that void. Not true! All the dolly friends that I have are normal, well adjusted, happy individuals. People criticize things they don't understand or that they're afraid of.
And SO WHAT even if they *ARE* using it to fill a void. If it makes them happy, and they are able to take care of themselves and not hurting anyone... people should just let them be who they are. ^_^ World would be a much better place if people would just live and let live. I understand the void that can exist without children to care for. Anyone that mocks a woman that can't (or doesn't) have kids because she has a doll instead should be ashamed.
MikeTheEngineer

DollyBabeChris wrote:I love it too. Good find, Tracy!

I was showing my neighbors what I made (they are the type that would be really good at rooting hair with a little practice)... they all said it was creepy... but held it for *hours*... ~_~
MikeTheEngineer

judyismyname wrote:Describes me perfectly :headspin: , I like being in this "perfectly normal" category :lol:

Haha, "normal" is for people without character and personality. ^_^ Don't worry about being normal, just go live and be happy. :headspin:
Becca

Post by Becca »

I love it, too. There's another forum I'm part of (non dolly related) and reborns got brought up in a thread...Sometimes I feel so immature but I just love dolls and I try to remind myself that there's nothing wrong with it. I love the artistry of it...and baby clothes :lol:
:foryou:
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

judyismyname wrote:Describes me perfectly :headspin: , I like being in this "perfectly normal" category :lol:

You're normal to me!! Love you!! :hug:
MikeTheEngineer

Becca wrote:I love it, too. There's another forum I'm part of (non dolly related) and reborns got brought up in a thread...Sometimes I feel so immature but I just love dolls and I try to remind myself that there's nothing wrong with it. I love the artistry of it...and baby clothes :lol:
Love your signature pic, your cat and doll look like they have matching outfits and black hair bows. :toast:
SweetSunriseBabies

Post by SweetSunriseBabies »

Love it ! ! !
~Tiffany~
Instagram: Sweet_Sunrise_Nursery
FB:Tiffany Campbell or Sweet Sunrise Nursery
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

Tracy Lorraine wrote:

You're normal to me!! Love you!! :hug:
I love you too!!!
Kim

Post by Kim »

I need to print this and put it in the dolly room. Glad to have all of you that understand!
Mikki

Post by Mikki »

Said well
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W