Unsecure login

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
MikeTheEngineer

Unsecure login

Post by MikeTheEngineer »

I've noticed recently that clicking "login" takes me to an unsecure "HTTP" login screen. This sends usernames and password over the internet in clear text.

If you're using Firefox, and see a "broken lock" next to the WWW, that means it's unsecure. To fix this, type HTTPS:// In front of the WWW, and press enter.

It appears that recently, the login button itself has changed from an HTTPS link to an HTTP link. Any admin that has edit permissions to the website should look into this.

Thanks. Your Friendly local engineer. ^_^
erin1958

Re: Unsecure login

Post by erin1958 »

Let Steve know Mike. It's his forum. He'll fix it. He is the first name listed if you click on MEMBERS and you can PM him from there. Good catch. Thanks.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I am always using my iphone anyway......
alienor

Post by alienor »

thanks for the info, Mike, I use now https :D
MikeTheEngineer

Suzanne wrote:I am always using my iphone anyway......
Irrelevant.

Https: creates an encrypted "tunnel" between your device and the end destination.
http: blasts your username and password in clear text all over the internet, regardless of how you access it.

I'm unaware how secure Iphones are, but I do know, that once it leaves the cellular network, HTTP will be complete unsecure.
And HTTPS is 100% secure, even on public wifi at McDonalds at a hacker convention. (though, the rest of your device would probably be hacked before you even logged into your laptop or other device)

And Pro Tip: *ALWAYS* make sure your browser is HTTPS when logging into any Bank account or other financial service!!
Mikki

Post by Mikki »

Thankyou
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

MikeTheEngineer wrote:
Irrelevant.

Https: creates an encrypted "tunnel" between your device and the end destination.
http: blasts your username and password in clear text all over the internet, regardless of how you access it.

I'm unaware how secure Iphones are, but I do know, that once it leaves the cellular network, HTTP will be complete unsecure.
And HTTPS is 100% secure, even on public wifi at McDonalds at a hacker convention. (though, the rest of your device would probably be hacked before you even logged into your laptop or other device)

And Pro Tip: *ALWAYS* make sure your browser is HTTPS when logging into any Bank account or other financial service!!
I am very familiar with the S on the end of the H TTP as I work for a bank
MikeTheEngineer

Suzanne wrote:
MikeTheEngineer wrote:
Irrelevant.

I am very familiar with the S on the end of the H TTP as I work for a bank
My apologies, I didn't quite get the relevance of your comment vs my original post. My reply wasn't meant to imply anything negative. And the tip was for everyone, not directed just at you. ^_^

Anyway, it appears to have been fixed. :headspin: