Eyes plastic v.s. glass and mohair.

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
cocoapuppy

Eyes plastic v.s. glass and mohair.

Post by cocoapuppy »

First, I'm not an artist. I'm having a custom made of an aurora sky. I'm debating on whether to get glass eyes or not and what mohair to get.

Is there a lot of difference in how the different the eyes make the doll look? Any suggestions for what "brown" eyes I should get for my doll will be greatly appreciated.

Also my favorite mohair color is "baby" brown. Any suggestions on that will also be so helpful.

I'm getting the custom made in a trade by a friend. She doesn't have glass eyes or high end mohair so I'm going to purchase it.

Thanks for all your help.

Ramona
TinyTimms_Doris

Re: Eyes plastic v.s. glass and mohair.

Post by TinyTimms_Doris »

I personally much prefer glass eyes. I think they look more realistic and that is what I use in all my dolls. There are several places you can get them but dolls by sandie is a great place. You can see the colors on her site. Mohair - I like Slumberland and Deltadawn but I am sure there are other choices out there too. Good luck and congrats on your new baby!!
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I am only a collector & not a reborn artist.
But I like the realism of the glass eyes & I would get the best mohair that you can afford. It does make such a big difference in the softness & how well the mohair lays. If you are paying to have a custom made, I would go the few extra dollars to get the glass eyes & the better mohair. You won't be disppointed in the future. JMHO.
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
Tiffeny

Post by Tiffeny »

I agree with the others glass eyes are often the best choice but many times I have gone with Pabol acrylic eyes from Dolls by Sandie. And I exclusively use delta dawns mohair. I have tried many many many others and have found Dawns to be the best. It is expensive but soooo worth it!! Hope this helps.

Oh here's a link for dawn

http://deltadawnpremiummohair.com/ddpm/
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

I am different but I prefer the Bountiful Baby acrylic eyes. I try glass eyes and they never look right. I always like the way the BB eyes look and I ask hubby and he says the same thing.
Joy-n-KY

Post by Joy-n-KY »

I've used both glass and acrylic eyes. Eyeco PolyGlass eyes are my favorite, looks like glass eyes but around $10.00.
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

jubileejulie wrote:I am different but I prefer the Bountiful Baby acrylic eyes. I try glass eyes and they never look right. I always like the way the BB eyes look and I ask hubby and he says the same thing.
I too like these and use them a lot . I like glass too but sometimes they are so expensive
Julie56

Post by Julie56 »

depending on the kit I use the round glass eyes, in the smaller eyed kit I will use eyeco or bb eyes,
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I use glass eyes I recently purchased some polyglass eyes for the first time and do not like them at all.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
cocoapuppy

Post by cocoapuppy »

Thanks all for your input. It's been very helpful

Ramona