Doll flipper update

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Brooke

Re: Doll flipper

Post by Brooke »

But like Susan said, many many DF members buy dolls and then immediately post them for sale. How many times have I read something like "I just received this absolutely beautiful doll today..." and then go on to sell it the very same day. Of course people are going to try to buy for the lowest possible price, that's human nature. It's also human nature to try to make a few $$ if you can. Personally, I couldn't do it but that's just me. I think its called commerce.
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Exactly Brooke. Sell a doll for a price you can live with and then what do you care what the buyer does with it? Also, as far as listing dolls and not disclosing the artist, that is not required, although helpful to some buyers. Many sellers simply do not know who painted the doll, especially if they are not the original owner.
Also, if you ask a question and do not receive a reply - then you may not want to proceed with a purchase from that particular seller. I don't think its a reason to advertise their name on DF and try to get others to be of the same opinion. I've sold dolls and made money, but mostly lost a ton on all. Some dolls I will keep forever. I have some I've only had a few days, weeks or months and for whatever reason I decide to sell it usually to buy another I prefer. This behavior is not punishable by law or by the dolly patrol.
I do not know this seller, I have never purchased from or sold to her (as far as I know) but until I see that someone has been scammed by her, there is no reason to spread her name around. If I were to choose an occupation I enjoy I'd be a DOLL FLIPPER!
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

I guess your not understanding but it doesnt matter, I did say when you buy a doll its yours you can do what you want with it. Yes people buy dolls all the time and have to sell for one reason or another but to intentionally buy to resell and try to get the seller to lower the price because they can't afford to pay your price and in the other hand pay 800.00 for another. As far as her name goes, people can sell to her if they want, I really don't care but some don't enjoy doing business like that. I didn't tell anyone NOT to do business with her. Susan , maybe you should be a doll flipper you may do good at it, at least for a while.
Nikki H

Post by Nikki H »

I'm not sure how I feel about this, I had a member on this forum offer me less than what I was asking for an expensive doll (that I did not make) and I sold it to her. She turned right around and sold it on eBay for a little less than double what I sold it to her for, with different clothing. It was my decision to accept her offer and sell her the doll, and she paid right away in full, though she did not let me know when the doll arrived until I asked. However when someone asked if it was the doll just sold on doll-fan she lied and said no. I'm not sure what the reasoning was for being dishonest? I was a little soured by that, but she did her part during our transaction. I don't think it would prevent me from doing business with her again.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Nikki

I also stated it was the way she went about it. She had mine in layaway, late on payments and was high bidder on another doll for almost twice the amt of what she owed me. It is up to anyone who wants to do business with her, if anyone else would of posted the same thing I did , everyone would be thanking her. Like I said I am not trying to stop anyone from doing business with her, it is their choice. I basically said all I am going to say about it , it's anyone's choice who they want to do business with.

Brooke
I have seen people just buy a doll and turn around and sell it , and normally it is because of some situation that has come up and normally they paid over 1,000.00 for the doll which is hardly a doll flipper.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

I do agree with you Pebby to a point. I know it hurts when someone does something that seems to devalue your hard work. I'd want to stamp my foot and yell "it's not right" and maybe insert a few not so nice words after saying that. But we each have to live our own lives and do what we feel is right and make us be able to look ourselves in the mirror each morning. I don't think I like this person very much, but I can't change her. You are a wonderful person and I'd much rather have you in my life or as my DF sister.
Dreambabies52

Post by Dreambabies52 »

I recently sold a silicone at a very reasonable price and that same thing happened. It leaves you feeling deflated :(
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

heres my take: if I list a doll for a price and someone buys it for that price and then sells it for higher, I can't say anything nor be upset. If someone gives me a sob sorry and wants me to lower the price and I do and then its sold for higher right away price I would be very upset.. and that is a doll flipper..
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Thanks Suzanne,my thoughts exactly.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

Brooke wrote:I do agree with you Pebby to a point. I know it hurts when someone does something that seems to devalue your hard work. I'd want to stamp my foot and yell "it's not right" and maybe insert a few not so nice words after saying that. But we each have to live our own lives and do what we feel is right and make us be able to look ourselves in the mirror each morning. I don't think I like this person very much, but I can't change her. You are a wonderful person and I'd much rather have you in my life or as my DF sister.

Thank you Brooke.
Court_LLRN

Re: Doll flipper update

Post by Court_LLRN »

It's all about intention. As with most things in life.
If a person buys a doll JUST to turn around and sell it for a higher price - that is really just morally wrong but it is what it is. Nothing one can do about that.
But I've been guilty myself on purchasing a doll and I love the doll SO MUCH but have a financial issue... so I list the doll but it's not worth it to me to sell it for what I paid for it... I would only sell in order to get the funds that I financially need. So I will try and sell for a higher price. It's nothing against the previous seller. It's just about the circumstances.

But it also bothers me when people buy up Limited Edition kits JUST to sell their kit/spot (the next day OR day of it selling out) for double the price... although I know some people would just say 'you snooze, you lose'.
:dunno:
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations