Spain

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Marteemp

Spain

Post by Marteemp »

I ordered a silicone doll from Spain on Ebay. I have never done over seas transaction's. She told me to check 17TRACK but there has been no movement since April 4th in their records. I'm so worried has anyone waited on a package from Spain and how long does it take? Does anyone know another way of checking the package other then 17TRACK? Thank you.
SANDY29

Re: Spain

Post by SANDY29 »

Hi,

The last shipment I had from Spain took 12 days. Tracking didn't move but the package was in the UK . The tracking updated the day before she was delivered.
Have you tried Royal mail or parcel force tracking with the Spanish tracking number as they are usually the ones that deliver from customs. Hope this helps.

Sandy x
Marteemp

Post by Marteemp »

Thank you that's helpful.
jenmomof5

Post by jenmomof5 »

Try the Correos website, it is like our USPS. It is in spanish, but there may be a way to translate to English. Hope it helps!
Jen

http://www.correos.es/ss/Satellite/site ... nicio/info
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

Please try in : www.correos.es and click in: localizador de envíos.

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
Marteemp

Post by Marteemp »

Thank you all for your help. I will never do this again ! In the US we are pampered with tracking information . I'm not use to have tracking stalled now for nine days.
We pay huge amounts for silicone and just hope and pray the box arrives safely. I hate the thought custom's got to see my baby before me.
MariaJose and Zu

I´m so sorry that you have to wait, but once the box has arrived to USA, the Spanish post locater can´t update itself if USPS does not update first, and USPS also can´t update until US Customs does not release the package. Anyway, according to the experiences that I have had, US customs usually take about 4 days to release the packages, and don´t request documents, do paperwork or pay anything.
When in Spain we received dolls from USA we must do a lot of paperwork and wait almost a month and pay really abusive taxes.

Good luck. :D

Marteemp

Post by Marteemp »

I appreciate all your information. For doll lover's we aren't patient people lol
jenmomof5

Post by jenmomof5 »

If your baby is coming by USPS, go to the USPS website, and type in your tracking number. Once it has been taken over by USPS, it will show tracking progress through there from then on until and including delivery.
Jen
Marteemp

Post by Marteemp »

THANK YOU ! That worked
jenmomof5

Post by jenmomof5 »

You are most welcome.
Jen
Marteemp

Post by Marteemp »

Update: Tracking information has been stalled since April 4th never moving or giving updates. Have been waiting now for 18 days.
Silvia

Post by Silvia »

You should contact with the person that sold you the doll, sometimes Spanish tracking are a pain and slow, but it depends also the way the person sent the doll, I mean, if she used express shipping it shouldn't take so long and if she put a claim the package moves quickly. If she used the most cheapest shipping... then,... well it is very slow. IF the package is still on Spain the responsable to do something is the seller.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Dud she send it express?
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Silvia wrote:You should contact with the person that sold you the doll, sometimes Spanish tracking are a pain and slow, but it depends also the way the person sent the doll, I mean, if she used express shipping it shouldn't take so long and if she put a claim the package moves quickly. If she used the most cheapest shipping... then,... well it is very slow. IF the package is still on Spain the responsable to do something is the seller.
Something I realized you definitely need to express shipping if coming from outside USA. Done if many times worked will. Not express is not good
Silvia

Post by Silvia »

MonicaW wrote:
Silvia wrote:You should contact with the person that sold you the doll, sometimes Spanish tracking are a pain and slow, but it depends also the way the person sent the doll, I mean, if she used express shipping it shouldn't take so long and if she put a claim the package moves quickly. If she used the most cheapest shipping... then,... well it is very slow. IF the package is still on Spain the responsable to do something is the seller.
Something I realized you definitely need to express shipping if coming from outside USA. Done if many times worked will. Not express is not good
Exactly... I send all my dolls express shipping only, because is the only way you are covered by delivery times - if the package takes more than 5-6 days to left Spain you are covered to put a claim and get back the shipping price, so they are not interested on that, so delays usually not happend, and if happends they move them asap if there's a claim filled. Second, with express it is mandatory the buyer sign they got the package delivered on the address, so it is a guarantee the package is not left in front of the door. Express shipping is pretty expensive, but you avoid lot of things happends. There's no problem to buy from Spain, but the seller must care of the process and the way they ship things.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I have one of your dolls and he came fast and perfect.
First time buying outside USA on dollfan was one of a kind dolls back in 2001. Express shipping has always worked for me all these years. Not express dolls take forever and have received doll damaged.
I see reborn artists selling their dolls for high prices but then not doing express shipping. I can not understand this.. It is worth it the extra cost. The artist can add the cost into the price. I would rather pay more and have no worries. Hugs Love my baby from you soon I will get another one. :heart:
Exactly... I send all my dolls express shipping only, because is the only way you are covered by delivery times - if the package takes more than 5-6 days to left Spain you are covered to put a claim and get back the shipping price, so they are not interested on that, so delays usually not happend, and if happends they move them asap if there's a claim filled. Second, with express it is mandatory the buyer sign they got the package delivered on the address, so it is a guarantee the package is not left in front of the door. Express shipping is pretty expensive, but you avoid lot of things happends. There's no problem to buy from Spain, but the seller must care of the process and the way they ship things.
Marteemp

Post by Marteemp »

When you pay 1600.00 yes you watch the calendar. Each time I contact seller her reply is always short . When she sent the invoice she wanted me to pay as friend /family. I changed it to goods meaning I'm protected which I'm thankful for.

Thank you all for giving me advice I'm nervous and it helps seeing your comments.
MariaJose and Zu

Sorry, only want help, but do you know through whom or what the doll was sent? Through of Correos? Through an agency? Is it an ordinary shipment? Priority? Exprés?
The package has arrived in the USA? It's in customs?
What say the seller about it?

Maybe if you would like to show what you see in the traking information maybe we could help better.

Marteemp

Post by Marteemp »

April 6, 2017, 5:14 am Processed Through Facility MADRID CAMBIO SUPERFICIE, SPAIN
April 6, 2017, 2:24 am Processed Through Facility MADRID AP, SPAIN
April 5, 2017, 11:59 am Acceptance SPAIN