I am tired of sleeping reborns..lol

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
MonicaW

I am tired of sleeping reborns..lol

Post by MonicaW »

So many sleeping reborn. Love them because they look so real but at a point where I don't want to add more won't look right. I want more babies with open eyes and expression. That's just me
cookielover

Re: I am tired of sleeping reborns..lol

Post by cookielover »

I mainly collect opened eyed babies --to me, they seem to have more personality. Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

I mainly love sleepers for realism...as real babies blink lol
I have to really fall in love with an open eyed sculpt. I have Lotus Stoete, Lisa Scherer, and peeky eyed Hanna Schick and Elyse Brace
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I have many more sleepers than awake babies, but I love having both in my collection.
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Someone posted a thread about what baby you would keep if you could only have one. I love my sleepers, but if I had only one - it would have to be one with open eyes! To keep me company!
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

I also LOVE sleepers because they just look so much more real to me. But there's also something about a sweet little baby looking up at you that is so endearing. I have mostly sleepers but I do like to keep at least one awake baby, too.
I currently have 3 (siggy babies). Somehow I ended up with more awake babies than sleepers lately. :D My Gabrielle (Saskia) has my heart right now. :heart:
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
DianeLovesBabies

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

MonicaW wrote:So many sleeping reborn. Love them because they look so real but at a point where I don't want to add more won't look right. I want more babies with open eyes and expression. That's just me

I feel the same exact way! They are getting to where they all look just alike and I want more personality in my dolls.

Hugs,
Diane
Be happy and play with dolls!
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I usually prefer open eyed babies as I like a baby that can look back at me. However, I do adore my siggy baby.
Hugs,
Nadia

Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

Well, you could just wake them up!
WakeUp!.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
Susan

Post by Susan »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

Cute solution, Deb!
Maybe a bit "scary?" LOL!!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

I've also been seeing this cool trick where you can take clay (for vinyl dolls) and/or silicone (for silicone dolls) and sculpt eyelids so that your awake babies can "sleep" when the lids are placed on. Best of both worlds. I've been wanting to try it :D
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

Court_LLRN wrote:I've also been seeing this cool trick where you can take clay (for vinyl dolls) and/or silicone (for silicone dolls) and sculpt eyelids so that your awake babies can "sleep" when the lids are placed on. Best of both worlds. I've been wanting to try it :D

If anyone ever sold eyelids for the awake silicone dolls, I'd buy them. I prefer sleeping, but am always drawn to awake ones, too :)
Rebecca
MaggyMoo

Post by MaggyMoo »

This is funny! I was showing off my new house to my mom, and she love my open eyed Pixe because she is so cute, but was a little unnerved by my sleeper because she looks so real. My mom isn't against my hobby, but I've come to realize that since doll collecting isn't the norm, sometimes people need a moment to process a realistic looking doll. After a few moments, my mom actually touched my doll and kept saying how real the doll looked - it wasn't negative though.

Personally, I find I like open-eyed dolls better than sleepers because I like how the different eye colors can create a dynamic doll.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Inspired_Rebecca wrote:
Court_LLRN wrote:I've also been seeing this cool trick where you can take clay (for vinyl dolls) and/or silicone (for silicone dolls) and sculpt eyelids so that your awake babies can "sleep" when the lids are placed on. Best of both worlds. I've been wanting to try it :D

If anyone ever sold eyelids for the awake silicone dolls, I'd buy them. I prefer sleeping, but am always drawn to awake ones, too :)
They aren't hard to make at all. The hardest part, I imagine, would just be matching the skin tones. But eyelids tend to have more color in them anyway. One couldn't just make generic eyelids tho as eye shapes are all different. You could still use clay to make a mold for your silicone doll's eyes and then bake them and send them off to a silicone pourer to see if they would be willing to make them for you.

Here's a rough tutorial video I found to give a better idea of what I'm talking about. :)
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Lori JR

Post by Lori JR »

Brooke

Post by Brooke »

I agree totally. I am actually so very tired of all those peaceful sleeping babies. Yes, they are sweet and cute and snuggly, but they are all starting to look alike. I love the babies with unique or even goofy expressions, silly baby expressions or something like that. Don't get me wrong, I like the pretty sweet sleepers too, but why do they all have to have the same expression? Even sleeping babies have dreams or tummy burps or whatever that make them get silly expressions on their face. I'm just not drawn to the ones that all look alike. APS pops into my head when I see one - "Another Peaceful Sleeper".
Last edited by Brooke on Wed May 03, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

I seem to go back and forth........depends on my mood I think! :lol:
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
Marteemp

Post by Marteemp »

Like sleeper's. Then add on a small recording placed inside clothes sleeping sound's. You actually think a baby is in the room with you.
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

DianeLovesBabies wrote:
MonicaW wrote:So many sleeping reborn. Love them because they look so real but at a point where I don't want to add more won't look right. I want more babies with open eyes and expression. That's just me

I feel the same exact way! They are getting to where they all look just alike and I want more personality in my dolls.

Hugs,
Diane
Amen to that!!! They all look the same now.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3