~ Lil' Levi after some TLC!!New PICS added!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
MelissaAnn

~ Lil' Levi after some TLC!!New PICS added!

Post by MelissaAnn »

Here is little Levi after returning from getting some much needed TLC.. He does not even look like the same baby!! Not the best pics but just had to snap a few! :D

Look what happened with some Soap & Water!!! Not sure that this little guy was painted with however, it washed off... Now he is just lightly blushed! :wink: I would still love for him to get some TLC to add some detail.

Hey Ladies ~

I purchased a reborned Levi on Ebay & I knew he was lightly painted which I was fine with. However, he arrived & oh my goodness, the poor thing just has pink blushed all over him & some pink mottling. I must say he did not look that bad in the pics. He was painted with air dry paints. What could I use to remove the paint?? I was going to strip him & have him repainted or would anyone be interested in giving him some TLC? I will get a pic taken of him & upload it later today as I am currently at work.

Thanks so much you precious Ladies! Hope you are all snoozing soundly at this time of morning!
baby huggies :hug:
Meli

Poor little fella. :(
Last edited by MelissaAnn on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Sweet Baby Cameron ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tracy Lorraine

Re: ~ Need some help with a reborn ~

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Oh no! I'm so sorry that happened to you. :( I'm sure somehow here can fix him right up! :hug:
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Oh that's too bad Meli. What a disappointment. I would ask Debbie Henshaw for advise on stripping him. She uses air dry paints. Good luck.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Speaking of air dry paints does anyone else notice this.....the air dry paints seem to leave the doll translucent....I can definitely tell a doll that has been painted with air dry paints.
MelissaAnn

Post by MelissaAnn »

Thank you ladies so much, ya'll are the best!! :grouphug: I have posted pics in the first post! :wink:

Ms. Melinda, she does not offer refunds & I knew he was lightly painted.. The pics looked better than seeing him in person. I didn't pay an arm & a leg for him so that is why I was going to see if he was fixable.

Ms. Erin, I may send her a pm for advice. :wink:

Ms. Marilyn, he is definitely very translucent! :roll:
lauraslilones

Re: ~ Need some help with a reborn ~ PICS added

Post by lauraslilones »

Aww poor guy, wouldn't have a clue with airdrys. He'll be doubly special when he's fixed up :heart:
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Oh goodness, poor little baby. This is such an amazing sculpt. I sure hope someone can fix him for you.
Hugs,
Nadia

Judith19

Post by Judith19 »

I don't use air dry paints, but if this baby is lightly painted, it was done only with pink. I'm sorry this happened to you, but I just want to say that after looking on ebay and other places, there are a lot of people who think this is an easy job, but really don't know what they are doing~~~and if you buy, there is that "No return" policy~~~~~
AZRAYA $350.00 SOLD

Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I am sorry this baby was not painted right.. you are too nice to have this happen to you... I am not sure how to strip air dry paint either..
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

I would not call that 'lightly painted ' at all. Even if she doesn't offer refunds, you can still file a claim because it sounds like the auction pictures did not show him correctly. I'm very sorry this happened to you. :(

I would assume that air dry paints could be stripped the same way heated paints would. The real difference is just how each of them cure. It's possible it might be harder with air dry but I don't see why extra elbow grease couldn't get them out. Winsor & Newton Brush Cleaner would do the job. :)
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Angelsofedensharon

Post by Angelsofedensharon »

Oh dear what a shame and disappointment , airdry can be removed in a similar way to genesis , Windsor and newton brush cleaner should do it , there may be some vinyl discolouration even after removing as the pigment looks quite intense in areas however, it's nothing a bit of colour correction would not solve , best of luck x
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

No help here..........just hope you can fix this baby.............I love the sculpt............Hugs, Kathy
MelissaAnn

Re: ~ Need some help, Lookie again, Soap & water!New PICS added

Post by MelissaAnn »

Thank you ladies so much! :grouphug: I decided not to file a complaint as I didn't ask for more pics as the auction details said to. So I am going to take this as a learning experience... NOT to buy without seeing ALL of the baby. Which I added some new pics in the top post... What Soap & Water did! :shock: Now he looks much better however, still needs some TLC. :D I love this sculpt, he just snuggles up so nicely.

Lots of huggies my sweet ladies :grouphug:
Meli
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I'm so happy to read that soap & water removed the "blotchy" paint. Looks like all you need now is a painter to fix him up.
MelissaAnn

Post by MelissaAnn »

Tracy Lorraine wrote:I'm so happy to read that soap & water removed the "blotchy" paint. Looks like all you need now is a painter to fix him up.
Thank you Ms. Tracy!! I couldn't believe it was that easy to get it off. He will be going off to get some TLC tomorrow. I will share pics when he arrives back home. :wink:

Baby Huggies :hug:
Marteemp

Post by Marteemp »

Filing a claim now with PayPal a nightmare ! Been member since 2001. Now they wanted bank statement,picture ID ,license or passport,proof of address,bank statement all due to an awful purchase I made from lady in Spain. This action by PayPal was called Limitation's.
Sounds like you have a plan for Levi #1 turning into Levi#2. That's better then getting in the mess of PayPal . If you didn't pay an arm and a leg I think your idea will bring less strain.
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

Well, at least he is clean and ready for re-reborning!
Air dry paint is easily removed with alcohol. However, I don't think he was correctly painted with the air dry because when it is done correctly it is totally permanent. And beautiful.