Just venting in my feeling today, as my mother would say LOL!!!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Cathy B

Just venting in my feeling today, as my mother would say LOL!!!

Post by Cathy B »

At least I can come here, and can post a picture of myself with my baby, and not be judge. So many people keep commenting that Oh she needs or wants a baby. Ok first of all!!!! it has nothing to do with wanting to have a baby. I love my dolls & enjoy coming home from a stressful day at work & being able to holding and cuddling my babies really brings me inner peace that I should not have to explain. Ok I'm done venting now :lol: :lol: :lol:

XOXOOXOX
Cathy B.
18893064_10212970925450348_656353212880258145_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Today's forecast:God Reigns and the Son Shines.
Deb17

Re: Just venting in my feeling today, as my mother would say LOL!!!

Post by Deb17 »

You absolutely deserve to enjoy your babies! I hate that people don't understand. Babies grow up, dolls stay babies forever!!! Enjoy!
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

Deb17 wrote:You absolutely deserve to enjoy your babies! I hate that people don't understand. Babies grow up, dolls stay babies forever!!! Enjoy!
Yes & that's what I LOVE about my dolls, that stay this way forever!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
XOXOXOOX
Cathy B.
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I just have to tell you a short story about dolls & unstressing after working!!
When there weren't reborns & LM dolls were the most realistic around, my story takes place.
My husband came home from work & had something he wanted to discuss.
Our youngest son who was about 16 years old at the time, said, "Dad, I think you better wait!"
My husband replied to him, "Why?"
Dan then told him that as soon as I got home from work, I "grabbed up" one of my sleeping LM dolls & had been sitting in my rocking chair rocking the baby for the last half hour. He said, "My guess is she has had a bad day, and you better wait for your news!"
My family have all always been accepting of my dolly addiction, though my Dad did tell me I should probably consider going to "Dolls Anonymous!"
Told him, Thanks, but it wouldn't work as I didn't want to be cured of my addiction! LOL!!!
My friends might not always understand my love of dolls & especially reborns, but they are accepting that I just have a "different hobby" than they do!

Beautiful picture of you & your adorable baby!!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
Brooke

Post by Brooke »

There is NOTHING wrong with your loving your doll babies. It is your life and your business. It is no different than having a hobby building model cars or hybridizing flowers or stamp collecting or anything else you can dream about. If someone building a model warship does that mean that they want to have a real one and go to war? These dolls are an art form. My personal pleasure with the dolls is just the making of them and most of them go into storage afterwards because I don't think my work is good enough to sell. So what? I get pleasure out of sitting and painting and making something beautiful.
Don't let the critics get you down. Laugh at them. Remind them that your babies don't need to eat, don't cry or poo, and will let you cuddle them as long as you want.
DonnaKelly 74

Post by DonnaKelly 74 »

I too at the end of a stressful day retreat to my doll room and just hold them and enjoy looking at them. I have raised 4 children and still find peace and tranquility holding my dolls. :grouphug:
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

We're with you, girlfriend, and understand that other people just don't get it. Love those babies to your heart's content and be happy. By the way, the baby in your picture is beautiful!
Emma Rose
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

Thank you ladies!! I feel so much better now, & can't wait to get home to hold one of my babies. I think I may even go to carters and purchase Amhir a new outfit :elephant:
XOXOXOOX
Cathy B.
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

Everyone is very different in what soothes and comforts them. Some things are really bad like drugs, alcohol etc. It isn't for many of us about wanting something like a child. it is all about being comforted and feeling better. So you can't change others or make them understand so don't bother. Just cuddle your baby and feel better -- we are with you! Hugs, Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

I know how you feel.

For me, I've always loved babies, the real ones lol! Grew up, got married, had 4 of our own, loved and cared for them as they grew (and still do, youngest is 11). I'm so happy, so blessed to have the family I have... completely satisfied and though after Angelina I did want to have another, Eric didn't want to... BUT... I'm actually very happy we didn't have another. Ang just graduated from elementary school yesterday, I am a proud Mama, and it is awesome! Don't particularly want to go through the entire thing again though... from sleepless nights, to potty training, to school days and helping with homework and just all of it! Not that I'm unhappy we did with our 4 beautiful children; very happy and completely satisfied! It's just that I'm getting older and really don't have a need or a want to do it all again.

HOWEVER, lol... that doesn't change my love that I've always had for babies. And so for me, these little ones fulfill exactly what I want... which is to be able to hold, cuddle, and coo over a newborn baby... Better yet though, when I'm done I can put the baby down and get a good night of sleep, and my "reborns" aren't ever going to grow up; so no potty training, no school, etc.

My family (and friends too) though, they just don't get it. And yes, think that I want another baby. I don't know the right words to use but almost like they dislike, resent, maybe even hate my dolly collection. Maybe, that no matter what I tell them... that they think that somehow my dolls are because "they" are not enough... just don't know. They are enough and I love them all with my heart and soul. A doll could/would never replace my family, my children and I am so blessed and so happy to have the family that God has given me; couldn't ask for anything more than they are and they are my heart, my everything (and I've told them this).

Doesn't matter though, as they all make fun, like to criticize, talk about how weird, how creepy, etcetera and on and on. Doesn't feel good and can get quite frustrating at times. I wish it would be something that we could all have joy together over (not talking about my husband or my boys but my youngest Angelina). Like yesterday after Ang's graduation, I was so excited waiting for Oliver to arrive and when he came I wanted Angelina to stay and us open him up together; I don't know... like just bond together over it (because yes, it's an IT, a doll, an object, and not a "new baby" or a replacement or some psychological issue that I get these babies because I want another baby, or whatever else people think). I do it because I love them... just like some people love stamps, like my youngest Angelina loves anime, like my husband loves Apple products, and a million other things that people love which are just that... "things". And just like my husband's newest iPhone could never replace me in his heart (at least I hope not lol), none of these babies are meant to replace any one of them in my heart and could never; not in a million years and not ever!

It's just something I like to do, for me. No different than any other person who has any other hobby. Except that somehow I guess the anime, the loot crates my kids go nuts over that I have ordered for them every month, the latest tech thing, and whatever else... all that is acceptable. But if I collect and enjoy real life looking baby dolls... that's not ok, that's weird, and I deserve never ending teasing and making fun of, and even at times to be put under a microscope and analyzed like there is some great unmet need in my life to have another baby. Ugh!

So, yep, I understand. And very happy that there are other ladies out there who do "get it". And in the meantime smile and put up with the never ending comments and just nod and say... yep, that's me, your crazy (mommy, wife, friend) with this really creepy and weird hobby. :)

My sweet nephew Jeremiah, 1 month old now!
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

there is a HUGE difference between dolls and babies... personally I had three babies who are grown now and I JUST WANT DOLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Love the picture of you and your sweet baby. Tell your friends that there are many people that love dolls that have real babies too. It's that capturing of a moment in time that makes the dolls so irresistible.
Hugs,
Nadia

Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

I knew you all would understand!! Tiffany was on point, and so funny LOL!!!

Thanks ladies!!!

XOXOXOXO
Cathy B.
NiSchi

Post by NiSchi »

What a WONDERFUL picture of you & baby Amhir Cathy :elephant: :heart: :heart: ...!!!! There will always be people who won`t understand
but it only matters what makes YOU happy and content :headspin: :elephant: and I do feel absolutely the same about the "inner peace" when just cuddling or admiring the babies...all the stress and thoughts are gone while holding or cuddling or redressing a baby doll :heart: and I have three REAL kids myself as well :wink: .
Like Nadia said, the baby dolls are capturing an amazing moment in time of the wonder of REAL babies being so tiny and innocent...and yes full of WONDER :headspin: :heart: and that`s priceless isn`t it !!!

Please share Amhir`s new Carters outfit if you decide to go shopping for him and if you like lol :lol: :wink: ...I´m totally smitten with that baby boy :heart: :heart: ...!!

Dolly HUGS - Nicole
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

I have been blessed that although some people I know think it's weird and creepy, those closest to me are supportive. My aunt is wonderful and was not saying anything negative at all but when she innocently asked about it, my mom instantly jumped in and said, "Deb has always loved babies." My good friend at work thinks their beautiful and gets excited for me when I show her pictures and even asks how the new baby is and my hubby actually bought me my first reborn! So I consider myself blessed. That said, I still hesitate to tell people because I don't want them to think I'm weird.
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Cathy, we totally understand how you feel and it's so nice that we can come on this forum and find others who feel the same way about this hobby. I have always been a doll person -- loved dolls growing up. I remember collecting those porcelain dolls from QVC and when i was 12-13 I remember wishing that there was a realistic baby doll that I could dress up and buy real baby clothes for. I then got into collecting American Girl in my 20's and after I got married, and before we had kids, discovered reborns on Ebay.

These baby dolls are so incredible because they do seem SO REAL and when I had my first box opening, I remember feeling awestruck -- it was really like finding a real baby inside that box! Now, that "shock factor" isn't there anymore, but the way these babies make me feel is just magical. I love to cuddle and just hold them at the end of a hard and long work day, or when I feel sad for some reason, they always cheer me up. :heart:

I have two real children as well (ages 5 and almost 3) and these babies in no way replace them, and I love my family, but having more kids is not really an option for us and this does help with the baby fix, but without all the dirty diapers, sleepness nights, the breastfeeding (all the plugged ducts, mastitis), not to mention the discomforts of pregnancy and labor/delivery! These babies are also just amazing works of art, and I love to look at them and seeing their little faces always cheers me up.

*Enjoy* your hobby! My mom and sisters don't really get the appeal and think they're creepy but my husband is supportive (he's the best!) and my daughter loves them as well (and tries to adopt all of the ones I make.. haha). Big hugs to you! :heart:
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

NiSchi wrote:What a WONDERFUL picture of you & baby Amhir Cathy :elephant: :heart: :heart: ...!!!! There will always be people who won`t understand
but it only matters what makes YOU happy and content :headspin: :elephant: and I do feel absolutely the same about the "inner peace" when just cuddling or admiring the babies...all the stress and thoughts are gone while holding or cuddling or redressing a baby doll :heart: and I have three REAL kids myself as well :wink: .
Like Nadia said, the baby dolls are capturing an amazing moment in time of the wonder of REAL babies being so tiny and innocent...and yes full of WONDER :headspin: :heart: and that`s priceless isn`t it !!!

Please share Amhir`s new Carters outfit if you decide to go shopping for him and if you like lol :lol: :wink: ...I´m totally smitten with that baby boy :heart: :heart: ...!!

Dolly HUGS - Nicole
Thank you Nicole, I sure will :hi ya:
XOXOXOOX
Cathy B.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Beautiful picture of you & your sweet girl! I'm cuddling one of my darling babies right now to destress from my day. It works for me too.
Cathy B

Post by Cathy B »

Tracy Lorraine wrote:Beautiful picture of you & your sweet girl! I'm cuddling one of my darling babies right now to destress from my day. It works for me too.
I want to see a pic Tracy :hi ya: :baby: I love going home and picking my babies up & just cuddling them, and changing them into new cloths that I have just purchased from Target or Carters :D
XOXOXOXO
Cathy B.
bornanna

Post by bornanna »

I Love DOLLS!!!

NO excuses, reasons or justifications! :foryou:

Have had them since childhood.

Reborns are the next best thing to Babies!!

It's not weird, creepy, or unreasonable.

I love Dogs too..
No one thinks that's odd...

Drugs, alcohol, cigarettes. ..now that is beyond my
Comprehension...
Some collect cars, sports memorabilia, clothes, shoes,
Guns, I mean, some even collect STRING!

My Dolls, my life, my business. ..and especially my JOY!
:baby: