Collection sizes

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
bonnieandbabies

Collection sizes

Post by bonnieandbabies »

I'm really curious about this. With every collector it is different, some collectors only like to have 1 or two babies in their collection at a time.
Right now i have 6 in my collection and adding another next month!
How many reborns is too many in your opinion?
I just love to see the different diversity in how people collect!
JanelleMarie

Re: Collection sizes

Post by JanelleMarie »

I never considered myself a collector... until I started counting them!
If I don't count them, then I don't have too many, right??? ;)
I currently have 3 reborns, 4 ooaks, 2 silicone babies, 1 vintage Gunzel and 1 composite doll, not counting the mini's <3
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Mine varies all of the time - especially since I make them myself. If I fall in love during the process, then I will just keep them. :D
From the moment I started making dolls, I always made for myself and it's always determined later on whether they are meant to stay with me or not. It's a good thought process as it always allows me to do my best work. Which is one of the reasons why I never do customs anymore.

Edited to add: I believe the most I've had in my collection at a time is 8 although that doesn't include my mini ooak and smaller shelf dolls. I'd love to have even more but I just never had enough room for them.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

If I answer this question truthfully.....then I will have to admit that I have a problem. Lol!
Dion

Post by Dion »

Tracy Lorraine wrote:If I answer this question truthfully.....then I will have to admit that I have a problem. Lol!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Exactly, Tracy!!

There are lovely DF ladies and gents on here that have one doll and some that have hundreds. Most are probably somewhere in between. I think that you should have whatever makes you happy and doesn't break the bank. We are all very different and there is no one way that is right. Over the past two years, I have sold or given away around 60 dolls, some silicone, some resin, some OOAKs, some porcelains and some reborns. There were too many to display nicely.... to say the least! I still have a Dolly Nursery that is quite full :oops: , but I haven't counted them. I also have 10 in the Master Bedroom and an oldie but goodie will be on the way home in a few weeks. I believe that there is always room for one more if you love it!!

:heart: Dion
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Tracy Lorraine wrote:If I answer this question truthfully.....then I will have to admit that I have a problem. Lol!
Haha! This cracked me up. :D I have gotten back into collecting in the past 6 months and am definitely adding quickly and especially since I've started painting too! Right now I have 4 silicones, 6 reborns from other artists and 5 reborns that I've painted but I have a few new babies on the way.....
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Well I waited almost 20 years before I bought my first reborn last month. I have her and I am expecting two more and I'm buying a kit to hold on to for a time when I can have someone reborn t for me. They are like potato chips- I was fine for all those years drooling over them but as soon as I got my first one I couldn't stop! I also have about 6 minis!
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

I have a mix of OOAK babies and child dolls, silicone babies, reborn, porcelain, and wax over porcelain. I try not to have more than I can enjoy which is about 24 dolls at the moment (I used to have more but I wasn't enjoying them all). I also collect artist teddy bears and other animals.
Emma Rose
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

This is not a problem :lol: :lol: :lol:
It´s a blessing for me. :hug:

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
Wyattsmommy_Cassandra

Post by Wyattsmommy_Cassandra »

I used to have around 60, not including kits, but I downsized greatly when I bought a house with my fiance.
Right now I have around 20 I think? 4 OOAKS, 2 silicones, 2 Ashton Drake dolls and then the rest are reborns. Out of those 20, Id only consider about 6 to be keepers... Id love to get it down to a more manageable number(14 would be nice), but I'm not prepared to just give them away. Dolly sales are slowwwwww.... especially for the older babies :-/
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

I used to have nearly 40. An assortment of Reborns Silicones Himmies and Ooaks
I downsized in two steps....and faltered and bought back two of mine when saw they were available :lol:

I have about :roll: 15 now. Lotus Stoete and her Pandas in the living room along with a 9" Clymer fairy and a 9" resin Lil Bittie...not forgetting my Jane Collingwood mini ooak in her pram
The rest are upstairs in my little doll room

Been collecting for 13 years...the first being an Ashton Drake doll
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
bonnieandbabies

Post by bonnieandbabies »

Thank you all for your responses!!!! I loved reading EVERY single one of them!!!!
Everyone is different in how they collect and it's just awesome to see that!
I am going to be creating a room/nursery for my reborns in a few months and i am so excited about that!
But it's too hard for me to just have one baby in my collection! haha! They really are like potato chips! haha!!!!
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

If I counted all the dolls I have.. silicone, reborn, OOAKs, minis, vintage, play babies it would be over 50 for sure..
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I am with Tracy!!!
I, too, like Dion, have given away many babies over the years, have lost count, but I still have plenty to spare!!!!
What can I say, I love dolls of all kinds!!!
I, too, believe that as long as I am not causing a financial problem to our family, it is fine to enjoy my hobby. DH has always supported me in my enjoyment of my collection, no matter what the size of the collection has been. It was several more babies before I downsized when we moved to our retirement home.
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

We would have to join dolly holics anonymous :lol:

Hi , I'm Judy, it's been 1 day since I bought my last dolly object :oops:
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I have maybe 30 dolls in total... but can honestly say I love and really pay attention to a few of them... the rest I could part with...but like someone said...I don't want to give them away, and the market for previously owned reborns is almost non existent.. so I just hang on to them..
Dion

Post by Dion »

judyismyname wrote:

I remember a few years ago when I decided that my New Year's resolution was going to be no new dolls for the year. I made it to January 4!! :lol: :lol: I don't make promises anymore. I have slowed way down, but I am subject to Dolly Purchases at any moment!

I had over 250 dolls a couple of years ago. I did a quick count right now and I think that I have 80+ dolls from tiny to life-sized. They consist of Silicones, Reborns, Resins, OOAKS, Manufactured Dolls, Porcelains, Vintage, 1 Cloth and 2 antique Japanese Dolls.
I guess that I just like all mediums.

Valerie, I LOVE wax over porcelain dolls. SOOOOOO beautiful!

:foryou: Hugs, Dion
Last edited by Dion on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HannahJoy

Post by HannahJoy »

Current collection is 3! Which I believe is the most I have had at once. Possibly looking for #4 soon...<3
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

judyismyname wrote:

:toast:
cyndig77

Post by cyndig77 »

before or after we swore off buying more??? I have somewhere between 30-40...I hope that's all! I've sworn off getting more at least 3 times since the beginning of the year and I'm waiting for the arrival of a LLE Serenity....just csn't help myself!