Post your first reborn...

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Sandis Doll House

Post your first reborn...

Post by Sandis Doll House »

I was going through some old pictures and came across two of my first reborn dolls. I still have them although they now have the dented heads like most older dolls have. Please share what dolls made you go dolly crazy.

First is the doll that started it off. He is John Boneham that was reborn by Rosie (Rosekins).

I wish I still had this outfit I made him. I don't think I own one creation I ever made. :(

Next is another Boneham doll I names Noah. I created him and quickly found I was much better at sewing that at being a reborn artist!

Another outfit I made that got away from me that Noah is wearing. :banghead:

Beachwalker Mandy

Re: Post your first reborn...

Post by Beachwalker Mandy »

Image My first purchased reborn was Tanner. I was over the moon with this little fellow. I no longer have him. He is the one on the left in the snowman's hat. The one on the right was made by Sherry in Florida. I call her Kennedy.
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

I don't know Sandi...I think your Noah is darn right cute! He is realistic to me.

Well, if you are talking about the first reborn that we bought for our collection, mine would be Mary Kay (An Ashton Drake doll reborned with a wig) created by Auntie Dawn (who is now Delta Dawn's mohair). I could hardly breathe waiting for her to arrive!

By then, in my collection, I had several manufactured dolls and quite possibly some dolls that I either reborned or customized, like the infamous Michael. (Michael the Little Slugger by Ashton Drake. I changed his hair, body and lashes)

I later got another Auntie Dawn baby...I believe this one to be the last one that she did, or at least the last one she sold on eBay. She is a prototype of a Doll Dreams sculpt, but I can't remember what the sculpt was and I'm too lazy to go look :D I call her Marquelle:

Mary Kay was delighted to have an Auntie Dawn sister:

135 dolls later.... :heart: :heart:
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

My first reborn was Emily. I could not believe how realistic this baby was when I saw her on ebay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hugs,
Nadia

Sandis Doll House

Thank ya girl for that compliment. That means a lot coming from you as you are a master at reborn dolls. I also did the biracial Boneham girl. I'll have to find pictures of her.
Debbie@TNGUN wrote:I don't know Sandi...I think your Noah is darn right cute! He is realistic to me.

Well, if you are talking about the first reborn that we bought for our collection, mine would be Mary Kay (An Ashton Drake doll reborned with a wig) created by Auntie Dawn (who is now Delta Dawn's mohair). I could hardly breathe waiting for her to arrive!

By then, in my collection, I had several manufactured dolls and quite possibly some dolls that I either reborned or customized, like the infamous Michael. (Michael the Little Slugger by Ashton Drake. I changed his hair, body and lashes)

I later got another Auntie Dawn baby...I believe this one to be the last one that she did, or at least the last one she sold on eBay. She is a prototype of a Doll Dreams sculpt, but I can't remember what the sculpt was and I'm too lazy to go look :D I call her Marquelle:

Mary Kay was delighted to have an Auntie Dawn sister:

135 dolls later.... :heart: :heart:
Sandis Doll House

NadiaK wrote:My first reborn was Emily. I could not believe how realistic this baby was when I saw her on ebay.
I still have her and Charlie although they badly need a makeover.
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

My first reborn is the one in my siggy- Tanya by Gudren Legler and I just got her about a month ago!
BeccalovesBabies

Post by BeccalovesBabies »

My first reborn is the one in my siggy- Tanya by Gudren Legler and I just got her about a month ago!>>>

Hi Deb! My one and only reborn so far is the same sculpt, don't you just love her? I have had my Susannah Claire for 2 years now and I love her to bits.

I don't have the dolly dollars to get another baby right now, but my dream baby is Eveline by Adrie Stoete. I hope to bring one home someday.
Becca
It's your life. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty for living it your way.
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

BeccalovesBabies wrote:My first reborn is the one in my siggy- Tanya by Gudren Legler and I just got her about a month ago!>>>

Hi Deb! My one and only reborn so far is the same sculpt, don't you just love her? I have had my Susannah Claire for 2 years now and I love her to bits.

I don't have the dolly dollars to get another baby right now, but my dream baby is Eveline by Adrie Stoete. I hope to bring one home someday.
I'd love to see a picture of your Tanya.
BeccalovesBabies

Post by BeccalovesBabies »

Here is a link to an old post of mine with a good picture of her Deb (sorry, I can't get Photobucket to work for me at the moment):

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=353513&p=3149293#p3149293
Becca
It's your life. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty for living it your way.
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Awww, she's such a cutie! I adore this sculpt- she has such delicate features and tiny little limbs and is so newborn looking!
Sandis Doll House

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: WHAT is up with photobucket? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Ladies, keep these dolls coming. I am loving them.

BeccalovesBabies wrote:Here is a link to an old post of mine with a good picture of her Deb (sorry, I can't get Photobucket to work for me at the moment):

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=353513&p=3149293#p3149293
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

mine are on a thumb drive.. I might have to find them.... Its fun to reminisce . I was just looking through old pics on PB the other day. I have some old pics but mainly the dolls I bought for myself.... I forgot about some of those oldies....
Dion

Post by Dion »

Hmmmmmm??? I collected only silicones for quite awhile and I don't remember which baby was my very first. I am sure that I don't have most of my original reborns. Michael and Pookie are the oldest ones that I currently have.

Funny Michael by Bonnie Chyle

Pooky by Petra Seiffert

Debbie, every time that I see your Darling Michael, I think of your funny stories from the good old days. I LOVED those! You have made me laugh so many times. :hug:

:foryou: Hugs, Dion
Last edited by Dion on Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

My collecting started with Ashton Drakes' Jasmine goes to Grandmas' (In looking for her on line I saw reborns and was hooked. Then it was mainly Berenguers that were available

Then came artist kits, some of my earliest (I am a collector, not artist)
I only have the boy in blue now (AD Sugar by Jannie De Lange)

My latest reborn is Levi by Bonnie Brown...adorable sculpt

After reborns I discovered ooaks Himmies and silicones too
Last edited by tixiepixi_linda on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Ariella.....she still lives with me.
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

What adorable reborns................I only have a few and don't really collect them, I love OOAKs and silicones.............Hugs, kathy