Dreaded dots

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
cyndig77

Dreaded dots

Post by cyndig77 »

I've got a couple of older dolls, Anne by Mirabel Villanova, I love but the dreaded blue purple dots have appeared. Has anyone had luck stripping the kits down and repainting them? I don't want to waste a lot of time if the dots will survive the paint removal. The acne cream didn't do anything and they really could use repainting anyhow...they're very outdated. I do love the kit and would take the time to strip them and send them out to be repainted if I can get rid of the dots.
cyndig77

Re: Dreaded dots

Post by cyndig77 »

Jeez, I took pics and forgot to add them
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

Oh no!

I'm sorry. :(

Does that happen to all reborns when they get older? (Sorry I can't help to answer your questions.)

My sweet nephew Jeremiah, 1 month old now!
Joyce

Post by Joyce »

I just got a kit out of my doll room to mail off to be painted and it has those dots all over the limbs. Is it mold? can it be removed?
MissyDoll

Post by MissyDoll »

Sorry this happened to you.
I have heard of this happening to vinyl dolls or kits when they get older and I don't think it can be removed, but not sure. Maybe someone else can help.
Dion

Post by Dion »

:shock: :shock: :shock: Oh, no! That's sad. Can you tell if it goes all the way through, or is it just on the outside? How old are the kits? I would be so sad if that happened to some of mine. So sorry that it happened to both of you.

:foryou: Hugs, Dion
Ginny W

Post by Ginny W »

I am having issues with older kits leeching out oil really bad and turning shiny in the plastic bags they come in. I am thinking vinyl and plastic do not mix.
Newest WIP baby at..
Loving Touch Nursery
Visit all her photo album on FB
https://www.facebook.com/ginny.westley/ ... 317&type=3
violet

Post by violet »

Wow, I'm sorry that has happened to you ! I've never seen this before :shock: What a waste if you can't fix her and What caused it???
CatW

Post by CatW »

:cry: I am pretty sure what you are looking at is "mold". As far as I know at this point in time there hasn't been a "cure" found for this. I do wonder if CLR would take care of it, though? That is what is used on Barbie for green ear syndrome. All one can do is try, soak it in straight CLR, if you want to try. I am sorry.
hugs xo, Cat