Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
User avatar
Deb17
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby Deb17 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:03 pm

All of a sudden today my siggy pic was gone and there is a message from photobucket saying I have to pay to be able to use them to post pictures. Anyone else have this happen?
8936

User avatar
NadiaK
Posts: 10932
Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:48 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby NadiaK » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:32 pm

Not sure what the issue is with your siggy. I use photo bucket and my siggy picture is showing just fine.
Hugs,
Nadia

8958

User avatar
Court_LLRN
Posts: 5700
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:39 am
Location: North Carolina
Contact:

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby Court_LLRN » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Photobucket has only a certain amount of memory you can use. Perhaps you've used it up? Try re-uploading your picture and see if that helps, too. Photobucket is such a massive pain... yet I still use it myself. I've just gotten used to all of it's annoying flaws.

User avatar
~Valerie~Anne~
Posts: 9788
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby ~Valerie~Anne~ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:09 am

You have to sign up for the Plus500 plan now for $39.99 a month to get third-party hosting. Too expensive!!
8951
Emma Rose

Lovestoknit Jane
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:22 pm
Location: UK

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby Lovestoknit Jane » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:30 am

I have just use photobucket and it was fine.
Image

Check out my knitted sets on my facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Janes-kn ... 2509536579


User avatar
~Valerie~Anne~
Posts: 9788
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby ~Valerie~Anne~ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:32 am

I think Photobucket allows a certain amount of third-party hosting and when you've reached the max it no longer works.
8951
Emma Rose

Lovestoknit Jane
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:22 pm
Location: UK

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby Lovestoknit Jane » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:38 am

Just looked, mine is on 75%, so when it gets to 100% it won't work? Can you still see your pictures Valerie-Anne?
Image

Check out my knitted sets on my facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Janes-kn ... 2509536579

tixiepixi_linda
Posts: 5020
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:00 am
Location: UK

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby tixiepixi_linda » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:03 am

:( I was on the free PB and my pics aren't showing up....I've only used up about 25% too so it doesn't make sense
8959xx Hugs xx
Linda

_Melinda
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:23 am

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby _Melinda » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:46 am

Maybe it's a UK thing? Mine is fine. I actually paid for an upgrade because I was tired of the ads. It's $30 something a year here.
Image
My baby!

_Melinda
Posts: 3453
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 11:23 am

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby _Melinda » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:48 am

When I clicked on your name in Photobucket your pictures popped up. Maybe it's just a temp thing with whatever 3rd party is hosting that pic?
Image
My baby!

User avatar
Kim
Posts: 5958
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:31 pm
Location: NH

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby Kim » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:15 am

Oh no. Lately, my pics are blurry on PB. Siggy is still showing. When I got close to full, I started using hubby's PB account. Terrible photo quality and soooo slow.
9227
Hugs,
Kim

User avatar
~Valerie~Anne~
Posts: 9788
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby ~Valerie~Anne~ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:07 am

Lovestoknit Jane wrote:Just looked, mine is on 75%, so when it gets to 100% it won't work? Can you still see your pictures Valerie-Anne?

I can still see my pictures on Photobucket, just can post them to other sites like Doll-Fan. Not sure what to do. :dunno:
8951
Emma Rose

Lovestoknit Jane
Posts: 1325
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 2:22 pm
Location: UK

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby Lovestoknit Jane » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:10 am

~Valerie~Anne~ wrote:
Lovestoknit Jane wrote:Just looked, mine is on 75%, so when it gets to 100% it won't work? Can you still see your pictures Valerie-Anne?

I can still see my pictures on Photobucket, just can post them to other sites like Doll-Fan. Not sure what to do. :dunno:




Thank you Valerie-Anne, i have pictures on there of my husband who passed three years ago next month, it would break me if i lost them. Maybe i need to find a way to put them some where safe.
Image

Check out my knitted sets on my facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Janes-kn ... 2509536579

User avatar
~Valerie~Anne~
Posts: 9788
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby ~Valerie~Anne~ » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:59 pm

Lovestoknit Jane wrote:
~Valerie~Anne~ wrote:
Lovestoknit Jane wrote:Just looked, mine is on 75%, so when it gets to 100% it won't work? Can you still see your pictures Valerie-Anne?

I can still see my pictures on Photobucket, just can post them to other sites like Doll-Fan. Not sure what to do. :dunno:




Thank you Valerie-Anne, i have pictures on there of my husband who passed three years ago next month, it would break me if i lost them. Maybe i need to find a way to put them some where safe.

Oh, yes, you may want to back up those pictures since they are priceless. So sorry that you've lost your husband. I'm sure you continue to miss him very much.
8951
Emma Rose

User avatar
Barbydoll
Posts: 6960
Joined: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:48 am
Location: Small town in NE Ohio

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby Barbydoll » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:44 pm

I got the same message & my album has LOADS of space. It said if I paid a fee per year I could use it for third party posting. i don't post photos often enough for that charge. I can see if I was selling on Ebay or something. Want to check & see if there might be another way to go. I've tried to put the images on here, but it says they are too large to post.
Last edited by Barbydoll on Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

DianneDollLover
Posts: 130
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 am
Location: Yukon, Oklahoma (U.S.)

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby DianneDollLover » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:46 pm

I don't use photobucket anymore. I just upload my pictures to my computer and it's very easy to download them here to DF. At the bottom of a post just click on full editor and preview then attachments and then click on the add files. Works great for me! :D

Barby when I have problems with the size I just resize my pic. smaller until it fits.

I also us my computer to download on ebay. I hate PB. It got to be such a pain! :roll:

User avatar
Deb17
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby Deb17 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:34 pm

DianneDollLover wrote:I don't use photobucket anymore. I just upload my pictures to my computer and it's very easy to download them here to DF. At the bottom of a post just click on full editor and preview then attachments and then click on the add files. Works great for me! :D

Barby when I have problems with the size I just resize my pic. smaller until it fits.

I also us my computer to download on ebay. I hate PB. It got to be such a pain! :roll:


That's what I do when posting a picture on a specific post but what do you do for a siggy picture?
8936

User avatar
Deb17
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby Deb17 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:37 pm

_Melinda wrote:Maybe it's a UK thing? Mine is fine. I actually paid for an upgrade because I was tired of the ads. It's $30 something a year here.

I'm not in the UK, I'm in the U.S.- New York
8936

User avatar
Deb17
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby Deb17 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Court_LLRN wrote:Photobucket has only a certain amount of memory you can use. Perhaps you've used it up? Try re-uploading your picture and see if that helps, too. Photobucket is such a massive pain... yet I still use it myself. I've just gotten used to all of it's annoying flaws.


I've only used 2%!
8936

User avatar
Deb17
Posts: 462
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:29 pm

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Postby Deb17 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:39 pm

~Valerie~Anne~ wrote:I think Photobucket allows a certain amount of third-party hosting and when you've reached the max it no longer works.


The only third party hosting I have used is my siggy picture on DF, absolutely nothing else, just 1 picture on 1 site.
8936


Return to “General Dolly Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: avrilm and 3 guests