Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Dion

Re: Is photobucket suddenly not free anymore?

Post by Dion »

DianneDollLover wrote:I don't use photobucket anymore. I just upload my pictures to my computer and it's very easy to download them here to DF. At the bottom of a post just click on full editor and preview then attachments and then click on the add files. Works great for me! :D

Barby when I have problems with the size I just resize my pic. smaller until it fits.

I also us my computer to download on ebay. I hate PB. It got to be such a pain! :roll:
Oh, thank you, Dianne! That works so well. I just tried it and it was SO easy and much faster than Photobucket. I size all of my pics on Picasa because it's so easy to do, then keep the resized ones in a folder in my pics. I was wondering what I was going to do, so this helped me immensely. :toast:

I refuse to pay $399.99 a year just to post pics on DF!! :shock: :shock: :shock: That's crazy! I thought at first that they meant $39.99 a YEAR and I was going to sign up, but I quickly discovered that it was per month!! I think that PhotoBucket will lose a LOT of business over this. I always paid for an ad-free account, but it was a nominal fee, not $400.00!!

:foryou: Hugs, Dion
tixiepixi_linda

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

:foryou: Diane....I have made a note of what you do

I agree the new PB charges are ridiculous :(
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
SweetSunriseBabies

Post by SweetSunriseBabies »

:( photoucket is holding my ebay auction ransom for $400! LOL! I can't change the description to update links...Do I cancel the auction and redo it? Or do I just wait it out? Worst timing ever (facepalm)
~Tiffany~
Instagram: Sweet_Sunrise_Nursery
FB:Tiffany Campbell or Sweet Sunrise Nursery
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

Deb17 wrote:
~Valerie~Anne~ wrote:I think Photobucket allows a certain amount of third-party hosting and when you've reached the max it no longer works.
The only third party hosting I have used is my siggy picture on DF, absolutely nothing else, just 1 picture on 1 site.
Guess they're not allowing any third-party hosting. That stinks! No warning whatsoever.
Emma Rose
Dion

Post by Dion »

They are going to lose SOOOO much business. They may be destroying themselves. There should have been a warning and they should not have gone from $0.00 to almost $400.00 in one swoop!! That's ridiculous! I am going to put all of my photos on Flickr and then completely close down PhotoBucket. I only post pics on DF, so I will use Dianne's info to do that. Photobucket is a very bad company. I don't want to give them my business.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

I'm still not having any problems with my pictures through photobucket here on DF nor eBay. And I have not gotten any messages about the new paid version. I'm so confused.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Pat in Alabama

Post by Pat in Alabama »

I got the notice from PB two days ago. I refuse to pay them. :x I have deleted all of my pictures from PB. Has anyone figured out how to post a siggy picture without PB?
Wishing you a blessed day.
jacquelyn123

Post by jacquelyn123 »

I PAY EXTRA FOR PHOTOBUCKET TO HAVE MORE STORAGE. BUT, WHEN I LISTED SOME CLOTHING HERE ON DF I LOOKED A FEW DAYS LATER AND ALL OF MY PICS WERE GONE AND JUST AN EMPTY BOX WITH AN "X"
tixiepixi_linda

:( I don't reckon much of their customer care :(

I think the dreaded clock like circle has appeared on lots of sites

My Son uses YouTube tutorials to mend phones ect and rang me as the one he usually uses just has the circle. He's not a member of PB
x Hugs x
Linda

Susan

Post by Susan »

This is the new terms of service if anyone is interested:

Types of Accounts, Pricing and Limits

Visiting : There is no cost to visit the Site or to register as a Member.
Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.
Ad-free Account : The Ad-free Account offers Members the ability to use the Site without seeing any third party banner advertisements when logged into your Ad-free Account (note, viewers of your images within Photobucket will see ads unless they, too, have Plus accounts and you will continue to see Photobucket offers and announcements). This account level is available for $2.49 / month, payable by the Member on a monthly recurring basis.
Plus Account : The Plus Account offers several paid options that may give the Paying Member more storage, bandwidth, 3rd party image hosting, image linking and/or other services as outlined below. Once and during such period of time in which you subscribe to and pay for a Plus Account, we will consider you a "Paying Member." Please note that all Plus Account subscriptions are billed annually at the commencement of the service. Photobucket may also offer a monthly billing option for its Plus Accounts (see terms and restrictions, below).

Available Plus Account Plans : Photobucket offers the following Plus Account Plans:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

Read more: http://photobucket.com/terms#ixzz4lbGFqFv3

Susan
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

So I just went to photobucket to copy all my resized pictures onto my computer. I clicked on library and nothing is showing. Just a bunch of ads. Is this happening to everyone else as well?
Hugs,
Nadia

Susan

Post by Susan »

All my pictures are there but it takes a few minutes to get past the ads.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Just went to try again. This time all my pictures were there. However when I clicked on a picture to open it up so I could save it, all I got was the same message that is in my siggy. I wonder if they now have made it so you can't make any changes unless you pay the fees. So frustrating as I had so many pictures on there that were already resized that I wanted to save. :evil:
Hugs,
Nadia

chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

Dion wrote:
DianneDollLover wrote:I don't use photobucket anymore. I just upload my pictures to my computer and it's very easy to download them here to DF. At the bottom of a post just click on full editor and preview then attachments and then click on the add files. Works great for me! :D

Barby when I have problems with the size I just resize my pic. smaller until it fits.

I also us my computer to download on ebay. I hate PB. It got to be such a pain! :roll:
Oh, thank you, Dianne! That works so well. I just tried it and it was SO easy and much faster than Photobucket. I size all of my pics on Picasa because it's so easy to do, then keep the resized ones in a folder in my pics. I was wondering what I was going to do, so this helped me immensely. :toast:

I refuse to pay $399.99 a year just to post pics on DF!! :shock: :shock: :shock: That's crazy! I thought at first that they meant $39.99 a YEAR and I was going to sign up, but I quickly discovered that it was per month!! I think that PhotoBucket will lose a LOT of business over this. I always paid for an ad-free account, but it was a nominal fee, not $400.00!!

:foryou: Hugs, Dion
That is just insane!! :evil: :evil:
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Is there a way to get all of my pictures off of photobucket at one time or do I need to go one picture at a time? I want to get them on my hard drive or a thumb drive and then quit photobucket altogether.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I just tried to copy a photo one at a time and just got that same irritating photobucket image. Then the page would go crazy with ad after ad. I got so frustrated that I just went and deleted every single picture on there. I do have them all in their original size on my computer. The ones on photobucket were all the resized ones. So now most of my pictures will have to be resized in order to be used on the forum. This has all become a royal pain in the a$$ !!!!
Hugs,
Nadia

NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I was just able to place a picture in my siggy. I went to my Flickr account and downloaded a picture from my computer. Then I copied the image address. Went into my profile and added the picture. Yippee !!!!
Hugs,
Nadia

Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

I use Flickr and it is free.
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
tixiepixi_linda

How strange....the left 'clock' has disappeared and Bella Arcello is back yet the right 'clock' remains (in my sigi)
x Hugs x
Linda

Kathleens_foreverbabies

Post by Kathleens_foreverbabies »

Dianne, can you insert photos into your Ebay auctions from your computer? I sure would like to be able to do that, I'm definitely NOT paying $400 a year for something that was free a month ago~PB has lost their minds, and a lot of subscribers I'll bet!
[/img]Image