Instead of Photobucket Do This...

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
tiffanybw

Instead of Photobucket Do This...

Post by tiffanybw »

Hey everybody and Happy 4th of July! :usa2:

I haven't signed in all weekend, just did now, and see where this photo bucket thing is causing a lot of problems. I've never used photo bucket and am a technology challenged individual, meaning, I know NOTHING about computers. :wink:

When I joined here, being that I had no photo bucket and had never before posted pictures on the internet aside from my old Facebook account (which is now deleted), I had no idea what to do. It took me some time and A LOT of frustration :evil: :evil: :evil: , but I finally figured out a way to post pictures both in my signature picture and also within threads in the forum.

I was signed on last week, saw Deb's thread and how she was having problems, and pm'd to her what I do, and since I see lots of people having the same issue, I'm going to copy and paste what I sent to her. As I told her, sorry in advance as I'm not good at explaining things. (She figured it out though and so hopefully everyone else can too.) :D

Here ya go and hope it helps:

With the siggy pic, I'll tell you what I do. I am not computer literate, at all! :lol: And I don't have a photo bucket. And so what I do is use the gallery here on DF. What you do (not the best at explaining things so sorry in advance):

*Once you have signed in, click on your user name in the top right of the page, then click on profile.

*Will take you to a screen with 3 options... email, pm, and then visit user gallery. Click visit user gallery.

*Will take you to a screen with your user name, and then underneath it will say in red: "Upload Image". Click on that.

*Following in italics... can skip this step if you want. But your signature picture will probably be larger than most other people's in their signature pictures:

Here is the part that is a tiny bit confusing. Your signature pic is only allowed to be 300 x 400, or 400 x 300. So before you upload the picture to your gallery, you have to resize your picture to one of those two options above (if you are going to use it for a signature picture... if just going to post a picture on the forum, it doesn't matter and don't have to do this). For me, I have an iPhone and so I downloaded a free app called "Image Size". You could use that, or a different app, or your computer to size the picture. (This part took me a long time to figure out and for a long time my signature pic was bigger than the rules say (the 400 x 300). So, if you can't figure this part out, can just skip this entire step. Your picture in your siggy will be bigger but no one cares (at least, for me they didn't and the admin never took my picture down for exceeding size requirement).

*Use either your computer or your phone (whichever you are downloading the picture from, all mine are on my phone). After you have clicked the "Upload Image" icon, then click on where it says "choose files" and upload your image. Click continue, then it gives you the option to put a caption under your image if you want. Click submit, and image will be permanently in your gallery (I love it and keep all my dolly pictures in there; it's public so anyone here on the site can click on your gallery and look if they want, comment if they want on your pictures, but is a feature that no one uses as far as I know. Either that, or no one comments on any of my pictures ever... which is very possible! :mrgreen:

*Your picture is now in your gallery. Go to it and click on it. Scroll down. You will see in bold "Image BBCode". Beside that will be a number. Write that number down or just remember it.

*Go to edit profile. Then click edit signature. There will be a little icon that says "image". It's right above where you type whatever you are writing in the box. It is beside and orange square looking thing. Click on the little icon that says "image".

*You will see something like [image][image], something like that. The BBCode number you wrote down, type that number right in between the two "image" brackets. Scroll down. Click submit. And done, your signature picture should show up!

It's really not as complicated as I'm sure I just made it sound. It's just that I am totally computer illiterate.

I like it also, because I have all my dolly pictures stored right here on my DF gallery.

Hope that helps. If you have any questions, let me know. :)

Tiff

Above is what I've always done (after much trial and error to figure it out). Also, the gallery this forum offers is kind of cool. We can visit each other's galleries and comment on each other's pictures. Seems that no one really uses it though. Maybe we should start! :D

Best of luck everyone!

My sweet nephew Jeremiah, 1 month old now!
tuckerk

Re: Instead of Photobucket Do This...

Post by tuckerk »

I am going to keep this so when I have time I can go over it................thanks...........Hugs, Kathy
Rhonda W

Post by Rhonda W »

Thank you for sharing, I haven't been able to post pictures in a very long time.
Have a GREAT day!!!!! :hi:
Barbara L.

Post by Barbara L. »

Thanks!
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

No problem! :)

SandyL

Post by SandyL »

Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try tonight!
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

A keeper! Thank you
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this. I just printed it out so I will be able to follow it when navigating the gallery.
Hugs,
Nadia

cyndig77

Post by cyndig77 »

printing this for my bulletin board over my computer so I don't have to hunt for it
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

This may be a dumb question but how do you get a gallery?
Emma Rose
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Just click on your name and then on user control panel and you will see a tab for gallery to upload pictures to
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

Deb17 wrote:Just click on your name and then on user control panel and you will see a tab for gallery to upload pictures to
Thank you, it worked, I have my siggy back! :D
Emma Rose
susiewestiemom

Post by susiewestiemom »

Brilliant thank-you so much!
Susie Westie Mom
tiffanybw

Post by tiffanybw »

Deb17 wrote:Just click on your name and then on user control panel and you will see a tab for gallery to upload pictures to
I'd never done it this way, just tried, and it works. :D Even lets you create albums (I've never tried that). I'll have to mess around with it later.

I'm the type of person, I just have no instinct at all when it comes to things like driving, computers, anything where I would have to follow a map or a diagram. My husband always makes fun of me because what I do, since I have no sense of the layout of the land, where left will take me, where right will take me, etc. So I will memorize "a route" to get, for example, from my house to Walmart. And then I will ALWAYS go that very same way, no matter what. If a road is closed off, or something else happens that I'm not able to take my route, forget it, and I am automatically hopelessly lost. :oops:

Since I figured how to use my gps on my iPhone though (and believe me, for me that was no easy feat), now that I've done it however, I ALWAYS listen to that woman. No matter what she says, I follow her directions. :P Eric will be all like... "No, you can just go this way because it's faster." And me... "Nooooo! I have to listen to the lady!"

Except when it comes to pre-memorized routes, then I follow my route.

With computers, same thing. Anything like that really. Once I have "a way" to do it, it's like I have to do it that way. I am OCD when it comes to that I guess. :dunno:

So happy to be able to help everyone! As difficult as it looks from what I wrote, it's so easy after you've tried it once or twice.

Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

tiffanybw wrote:
I'd never done it this way, just tried, and it works. :D Even lets you create albums (I've never tried that). I'll have to mess around with it later.

I'm the type of person, I just have no instinct at all when it comes to things like driving, computers, anything where I would have to follow a map or a diagram. My husband always makes fun of me because what I do, since I have no sense of the layout of the land, where left will take me, where right will take me, etc. So I will memorize "a route" to get, for example, from my house to Walmart. And then I will ALWAYS go that very same way, no matter what. If a road is closed off, or something else happens that I'm not able to take my route, forget it, and I am automatically hopelessly lost. :oops:

Since I figured how to use my gps on my iPhone though (and believe me, for me that was no easy feat), now that I've done it however, I ALWAYS listen to that woman. No matter what she says, I follow her directions. :P Eric will be all like... "No, you can just go this way because it's faster." And me... "Nooooo! I have to listen to the lady!"

Except when it comes to pre-memorized routes, then I follow my route.

With computers, same thing. Anything like that really. Once I have "a way" to do it, it's like I have to do it that way. I am OCD when it comes to that I guess. :dunno:

So happy to be able to help everyone! As difficult as it looks from what I wrote, it's so easy after you've tried it once or twice.
Tiffany- I could have written this myself- we must be soulmates!! LOL
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

Thanks for the information!
I, too, am not computer literate & this was frustrating me to know end. My dolly pictures were mostly all I stored on photobucket anyway!
I miss my siggy picture!!!
I wonder why photo bucket eliminated my siggy picture & not my Avatar when they were both created from the pictures I had stored there.
Maybe that is next to happen! LOL!!
Happy 4th. of July everyone!!!
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I just looked and I don't have a gallery to post at under my name??
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Barbydoll wrote:I just looked and I don't have a gallery to post at under my name??
did you click on profile and then user control panel? gallery should be the tab all the way on the right
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I just used the gallery to upload some pictures and posted them in a thread. I can not believe that I have been a member here since 2005 and never knew that I could share pictures using the gallery. I could kick myself when I think of all the hours I spent over the years dealing with photobucket which was a royal pain in the a$$. Using the gallery is so simple. :elephant:
Hugs,
Nadia

Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I tried that, still didn't do something right, wrote Steve a PM & he sent me the direct link & now I have a gallery!
Now need to follow the directions to get my signature back up!
I have been a member a long time, too, and never knew I could direct link from here. Spent hours trying to get photo bucket to work & I only really used it to post things here. I feel REALLY dumb!!!
Thanks for all the help!!!