IDTS 2018

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

Re: IDTS 2018

Post by Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa »

Florida is more money and more crowded in the winter. The airfares and lodging are always higher in the winter.
I have gone to Florida many times and have gone all times of the year and trying to get a reasonable airfare from NY between November and April is very hard.
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

Are there generally classes or workshops at IDTS? I don't see any listed on the website, but it may be a little early for that.
Marita Winters

Post by Marita Winters »

ROSE for me next year. We had such a great show this year. I thought I could wait to get my booth, but they are going so fast, I had to get mine reserved. I think IDTS will do well in FL due to the easier access by plane, and the fact that it is in a vacation type of area. It will NOT be fun standing in long lines at Disney at the end of June, so plan ahead and get that special ticket where you can schedule which ride you want to be on, so you don't have to wait so long. The hotel has a great pool area though, so your kids will probably be happier just splashing in some cool water than standing in a hot line for a ride! Most of the time you will be inside the hotel in air conditioning though, so it won't be a problem if you are there without children. Both shows are still getting their classes together. I am excited about the Kansas show just because it is so close to me. So I will go there for sure! It is nice for ladies in the local areas to be able to get to a doll show. Many ladies who are reborn artists do not have the money to pay for fancy hotels, airplane rides, and expensive booths, so area shows like this are really nice. I wish they had them all over the country so everyone could get a chance to enjoy a doll show. :-)
LollipopCradle_Paula

Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa wrote:Florida is more money and more crowded in the winter. The airfares and lodging are always higher in the winter.
I have gone to Florida many times and have gone all times of the year and trying to get a reasonable airfare from NY between November and April is very hard.
Oh yea! I imagine so. When people want to escape snow and ice, what better place to go than Florida.
skhogan

Post by skhogan »

Laura, wherever did you find a package that cheap? Is that per person? Disney is very expensive and that price seems almost unreal unless it is just for the Magic Kingdom and none of the other parks. Kudos to you for finding one that cheap!
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

I will be there next year! I will be teaching an air dry painting class using RebornFX paints.
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

Post by Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa »

anjsmiles Angie wrote:I will be there next year! I will be teaching an air dry painting class using RebornFX paints.
:headspin: :headspin: :headspin:
BeachBabiesKim

Post by BeachBabiesKim »

I'm planning on going to the one in Kansas in September 2018, because it is relatively(driveable) close to me in Iowa. It will be my first doll show if I do. :toast: :thumb:
deannea

Post by deannea »

I will have a booth at IDTS. :heart: I had a wonderful time this year. I would like to attend both shows, but the Florida show is more convenient for me, not only for the show, but my husband's family has all moved to Florida and we will be tying in a beach vacation and visiting with them.
SweetSunriseBabies

Post by SweetSunriseBabies »

Tracy Lorraine wrote:
LollipopCradle_Paula wrote:I agree a winter show would be nice especially in Florida. However they probably have better attendance in the summer with school teachers/staff and people scheduling vacations around the shows. Having one in Orlando will likely increase attendance of vacationers. Good move business wise.

The heat in Florida is one of the things I'm taking into consideration as I'm weighing the two shows out. I don't handle heat and humidity well. Is it as humid in Florida as in Georgia?
https://weatherspark.com/y/17721/Averag ... ted-States

IMG_3240.PNG

This chart just made me laugh! One summer when I was a kid me and my roommate just picked up and moved to Florida on a whim(Clearwater area)...to make a little extra money I took an odd job painting parking lines in a parking lot. My shoes were literally melting on the asphalt, gummy gooey soles...then it started pouring. :lol: We both only lasted 3 months and came home to Jersey.
~Tiffany~
Instagram: Sweet_Sunrise_Nursery
FB:Tiffany Campbell or Sweet Sunrise Nursery
LollipopCradle_Paula

anjsmiles Angie wrote:I will be there next year! I will be teaching an air dry painting class using RebornFX paints.
Angie,
Are you still doing the class on the 26th in Watkinsville?
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

SweetSunriseBabies wrote:
Tracy Lorraine wrote:
LollipopCradle_Paula wrote:I agree a winter show would be nice especially in Florida. However they probably have better attendance in the summer with school teachers/staff and people scheduling vacations around the shows. Having one in Orlando will likely increase attendance of vacationers. Good move business wise.

The heat in Florida is one of the things I'm taking into consideration as I'm weighing the two shows out. I don't handle heat and humidity well. Is it as humid in Florida as in Georgia?
https://weatherspark.com/y/17721/Averag ... ted-States

IMG_3240.PNG

This chart just made me laugh! One summer when I was a kid me and my roommate just picked up and moved to Florida on a whim(Clearwater area)...to make a little extra money I took an odd job painting parking lines in a parking lot. My shoes were literally melting on the asphalt, gummy gooey soles...then it started pouring. :lol: We both only lasted 3 months and came home to Jersey.
Lol! Typical Florida in the summer.
anjsmiles Angie

LollipopCradle_Paula wrote:
Angie,
Are you still doing the class on the 26th in Watkinsville?

Yes I sure am.
elliesbabies

Post by elliesbabies »

I'm really excited to be exhibiting my silicone babies at ID&TS 2018 :elephant:
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

I have been to both shows. I didn't go to ROSE this past time because it is so far and I had to take to many connecting flights. The reason I chose IDTS is because they have over types of dolls --ROSE was pretty much baby dolls with a few exceptions. IDTS had BJD's too. I don't get a chance to see them and was so happy to purchase a few that were completely done (I only like BJDs if they have had a complete face-up and are dressed to my taste. I just don't have the time to search for wigs, eyes, clothes, etc., but enjoying having them.). IDTS in FL is where I will go yet again. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to go to Utah again -- only one show a year for me. If they were 6 months apart, that might be different. Either show, you'll have tons of fun.
Tru Born Bobbi

Post by Tru Born Bobbi »

Winter show has been in the works in California. Hollywood/Los Angeles. A chance to have movie producers and prop companies come buy some babies for TV and film. I am super excited about the prospect of this one!! California has mild winters too, so that is another bonus.
Tru Born Babies
Image[/url]
jacquelyn123

Post by jacquelyn123 »

I plan on attending, but, not showing.....
anjsmiles Angie

I booked my room yesterday!!!
pudditat

Post by pudditat »

I will be teaching silicone painting again! :hi ya:
Marita Winters

Post by Marita Winters »

The hotel is open now in Orlando for reservations:
Guests can also call the reservations line at 1-888-789-3090. CODE is "ID&TS" or simply say International Doll and Teddy Show. Rates are $159.99 and a one nights deposit will be required to book. Make sure you are really going though because it sounds like this is not refundable?
International Doll & Teddy Show llc: "We require them so it doesn't fall back on us to pay it when people back out."