IDTS 2018

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
lauraslilones

IDTS 2018

Post by lauraslilones »

Who is planning on going next year? We are booking our flights next month, will be making a holiday out of with disneyworld and universal too :headspin:

First USA show! Can't wait!
deborahsdarlings

Re: IDTS 2018

Post by deborahsdarlings »

I will be there with a booth!
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

I'm going to Rose again next year. The show this year was amazing!!!!!!!!
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

I want to go so so SO bad next year. I am praying very hard about it. The major thing preventing me from going is my health. I do NOT take heat well nor do I travel well. It wipes me completely out and drains all of my energy.
I've considered going to ROSE instead but that isn't much better as far as heat due to the later time in the summer - and then even further travel. :(
But it will break my heart not going to a doll show and seeing all of my friends. :( :( :(
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
LollipopCradle_Paula

Post by LollipopCradle_Paula »

I am contemplating. So many wonderful dolly friends will be at ROSE, but IDTS would be more convenient and affordable for me. I could drive to Orlando cheaper than I could fly to Utah. im really torn. So for now I'm just saving for whichever show I decide on.

The photos and videos of ROSE were great, but I haven't seen any from IDTS.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

LollipopCradle_Paula wrote:I am contemplating. So many wonderful dolly friends will be at ROSE, but IDTS would be more convenient and affordable for me. I could drive to Orlando cheaper than I could fly to Utah. im really torn. So for now I'm just saving for whichever show I decide on.

The photos and videos of ROSE were great, but I haven't seen any from IDTS.
I have a post up of lots and pictures and videos of IDTS if you're interested :)
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
LollipopCradle_Paula

Thanks. I will check that out.
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Melinda wrote:I'm going to Rose again next year. The show this year was amazing!!!!!!!!
I agree!
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I am wanting to attend one of them.. just don't know which one..
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

They really need to be farther apart in time !!!!!!! Too close to be effective in sales and cost for most!!
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

Melissas Babies wrote:They really need to be farther apart in time !!!!!!! Too close to be effective in sales and cost for most!!
I agree. Since IDTS is moving to Florida they should do a winter show. I would do both if they did. I still haven't figured out why the show in Kansas is going to be so close in time to another show. It doesn't make any sense :? Rose was such an amazing show this year that if I can only go to one show that's the one I'm going to. It was so much fun!!!!!!!
janecuts

Post by janecuts »

I live in Florida and plan to have a booth, but I believe it should be in winter. Two shows so close together doesn't make sense to me either. JMO :)
Jane
LollipopCradle_Paula

I agree a winter show would be nice especially in Florida. However they probably have better attendance in the summer with school teachers/staff and people scheduling vacations around the shows. Having one in Orlando will likely increase attendance of vacationers. Good move business wise.

The heat in Florida is one of the things I'm taking into consideration as I'm weighing the two shows out. I don't handle heat and humidity well. Is it as humid in Florida as in Georgia?
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

LollipopCradle_Paula wrote:I agree a winter show would be nice especially in Florida. However they probably have better attendance in the summer with school teachers/staff and people scheduling vacations around the shows. Having one in Orlando will likely increase attendance of vacationers. Good move business wise.

The heat in Florida is one of the things I'm taking into consideration as I'm weighing the two shows out. I don't handle heat and humidity well. Is it as humid in Florida as in Georgia?
https://weatherspark.com/y/17721/Averag ... ted-States
IMG_3240.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LollipopCradle_Paula

Tracy Lorraine wrote:
LollipopCradle_Paula wrote:I agree a winter show would be nice especially in Florida. However they probably have better attendance in the summer with school teachers/staff and people scheduling vacations around the shows. Having one in Orlando will likely increase attendance of vacationers. Good move business wise.

https://weatherspark.com/y/17721/Averag ... ted-States

IMG_3240.PNG
Thanks for sharing this Tracy. Very interesting information.
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I would really like to go in the winter... it's just to hot for me in the summer now...Flying is also getting harder for me...
I hope I can go to a few more shows.
Californiateri

Post by Californiateri »

It would be nice to have it in the winter so vendors and attendees could go to both shows. And besides the milder temps, the hotel rates would be lower too because it would be the off season. Also, it wouldn't be as crowded at the attractions in the area.
teri - and my sweeties

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Californiateri wrote:It would be nice to have it in the winter so vendors and attendees could go to both shows. And besides the milder temps, the hotel rates would be lower too because it would be the off season. Also, it wouldn't be as crowded at the attractions in the area.
Absolutely! If we spent less money traveling and lodging then we would have more money to spend!
Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa

Post by Alexandkatiesmommy_Lisa »

I have a booth again this year
I live on the East Coast which is much easier for me than traveling west.
Yes Fl in Winter would be lovely, and 2 shows 6 months apart would be awesome. You have to take into account the IDTS show is run by women with young children and summer vacation is probably what works best for them and I bet that is also a factor for the ROSD show.
Because of school I would not be able to attend a winter show...I am planning on bringing all 4 kids
We are SO EXCITED! I have 2 that have never been to Disney and the room rate at such an amazing hotel is a great deal for the amenities. It definitely would not be affordable to me to go to Florida in the winter with 4 kids

I would love to get to ROSE to attend the show one day and if I can get a good airfare I might fly out for a few days.
lauraslilones

Post by lauraslilones »

Hopefully see alot of you there then :)

Flying from the UK, Orlando is definately the most convenient. I do agree about the heat however, I love heat but not humidity so much. I burn so easily! BUT very excited :) With disney so close its perfect.

Have found a disney package for £1342 for 2 weeks hotel, car hire and flights which is a bargain for the summer. We didn't pay much less in November. Then 2 weeks unlimited disney AND universal for £508!

Not sure whether bringing a baby will be convenient or not yet though xx