Help, do you accept money orders????

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
CoastalCutiesNursery

Help, do you accept money orders????

Post by CoastalCutiesNursery »

Someone wants to pay my mom for a doll she is selling w a money order but not sure I feel comfortable w them having her home address.
Any suggestions?
Are money orders even safe anymore?
Court_LLRN

Re: Help, do you accept money orders????

Post by Court_LLRN »

I've accepted them with no problem. When you receive it, if you're concerned that it make be a fake, contact the issuer and see if you can get it legitimized. But as long as there has been good communication through the transaction, I don't necessarily see a red flag. Some people just don't trust putting credit/debit cards and/or bank account info online.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
TinyTimms_Doris

Post by TinyTimms_Doris »

I've taken them. Actually one nice thing is you don't have the fees. I just make sure they know that I won't ship the doll until the payment clears. Then I make sure the bank says everything is clear and good before I ship. I've had no problems.
CoastalCutiesNursery

Thanks so much! And you feel comfortable giving your home address for them to mail it to? I guess I'm a little over protective of my parents :heart:
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

_Melinda wrote:I have taken them, but only a postal money order. Others are too easy to fake. I always use my work address.
same here and I wait about 1.5 weeks to mail to doll to make sure it does not come back to my account!!!! I have not ever had a problem with them though..
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I've taken postal money orders only. You can take them to the post office to cash. I also use my office address for my transactions....but honestly.....these days you can find anyone's home address if you know how to use the internet. Your home address is usually on the mailing label too.
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

_Melinda wrote:I have taken them, but only a postal money order. Others are too easy to fake. I always use my work address.
Yes, only accept a Postal Money order.
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

If this is being sold on ebay, does ebay even give out your address anymore, I know they do not give email address so they make it almost impossible to even do a layaway. I even posted something yesterday on Pin Interest from my auction on ebay and it said " Sold by ebay"
Marita Winters

Post by Marita Winters »

I like Postal Money Orders. You can cash them at the post office before you send the doll. If it is not a genuine money order, they won't let you cash it, and you won't send the doll.
CoastalCutiesNursery

thank you SO much everyone...you have all made me feel much better about this! I was thinking postal money orders were the way to go, thanks for confirming that too!
now we'll see if the lady that wanted the doll even follows through, we all know how buyers have been lately. urgh.
Beth

Post by Beth »

USPS money orders only. That's the best and only way to go. No paypal or fees no credit card charge back .
Hugs,
Beth
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

I take Postal Money orders only. I have a post office about 4 miles from my home. I go there and cash it immediately. That way I know if it is fake (never had one yet) and I am able to ship the doll out right away. They get your home address on the return shipping label of the package anyways so I dont' worry about giving that out.
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

I love the idea of taking postal money orders. I'm so tired of Paypal and the games they play :evil:
CoastalCutiesNursery

true about the address, thanks Angie! :heart:
anjsmiles Angie wrote:I take Postal Money orders only. I have a post office about 4 miles from my home. I go there and cash it immediately. That way I know if it is fake (never had one yet) and I am able to ship the doll out right away. They get your home address on the return shipping label of the package anyways so I dont' worry about giving that out.
CoastalCutiesNursery

very true Melinda :baby1:
Melinda wrote:I love the idea of taking postal money orders. I'm so tired of Paypal and the games they play :evil:
CoastalCutiesNursery

:elephant: true! PayPal and their fees, its getting more and more expensive.
Beth wrote:USPS money orders only. That's the best and only way to go. No paypal or fees no credit card charge back .
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

Okay -- I don't want to put a damper on anything -- but my post office said to be careful even with Postal Money orders as they can't always tell the fake ones from the real ones. Now, that being said. If I were to take one in to get it cashed at the post office, then I think they should have a way to tell FOR SURE if it is fake or not. Just saying what was said to me.
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

PS. The only 100% way of never getting scammed is a wire transfer from one bank to the next. Even cash can be counterfeit. Of course, no one ever wants to do wire transfers. Cash, checks, personal checks, bank checks, credit cards, debit cards -- are all open to getting up. Let's face it -- even photos and videos are not 100% -- it's just something that we have to have faith and hope in the sellers being honest. I just want to believe that there are still more honest people out there than scammers. We have to trust in the honor systems. JMHO.
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

Susan@childrenoftheheart wrote:Okay -- I don't want to put a damper on anything -- but my post office said to be careful even with Postal Money orders as they can't always tell the fake ones from the real ones. Now, that being said. If I were to take one in to get it cashed at the post office, then I think they should have a way to tell FOR SURE if it is fake or not. Just saying what was said to me.
Yes, they do have a way to tell. They have some sort of light thingy they hold it under to check. That is why I take mine there and let them check it and then they cash it for me. Then I mail the package. Easy peasy. NO scam worries because if it is fake, I dont mail the package. So far, never got a fake one.