Need Advice

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Deb17

Need Advice

Post by Deb17 »

So I ordered a doll from Bushel and a Peck Nursery on May 1. She said it would be done by the end of July. Having done my research I knew it would be much longer and I was prepared to wait. I didn't contact her at all from May 1 until August 1. On 8/1 I sent a friendly email just checking on the status. It's been 10 days and I haven't received any response. I don't mind waiting at all and don't expect the doll anytime soon but I don't like being ignored after being patient for 3 months and only sending an inquiry after the supposed finish date. Should I just let it go,knowing that eventually I will hear from her or should I email her again? Thanks.
Last edited by Deb17 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
safcfootienut_Jo

Re: Need Advice

Post by safcfootienut_Jo »

From what I hear this is a recurring problem but chances are you will get a doll eventually. I am dolly broke so couldn't place an order but honestly knowing what I know I just wouldn't put myself through the stress.....I have enogh on my plate without having to constantly chase someone to find out what is going on.

Jo in the UK
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

This lack of communication gets on my last nerve. If a person can take a deposit to make a custom, I think that at least every few weeks they can send an email to update the customer. I think way too much time has gone by for the artist not to contact you with an update. Waiting over three months is ridiculous.
Hugs,
Nadia

erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Oh I cannot stand lack of communication. I find NO GOOD REASON for it and no excuse is enough. Sorry but it's a real pet leave of mine. I would definitely keep writing her. She needs to let you know what to expect. That's NEVER too much to ask.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Pat in Alabama

Post by Pat in Alabama »

Deb, I speak from experience. Continue to email her daily until she answers you. I did not do that and Toni Dawson has my money and no baby in sight. She has dropped off the face of the earth, :( You need to file a claim with paypal before it is too late. This is happening all too often these days. There is no way that I will ever order a custom baby again. It is a shame that a few so called artists can ruin it for everyone. You need to ask for your money back or demand your baby be sent now. I hope she does the right thing.
Wishing you a blessed day.
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

Hi Deb, I almost ordered from her. Did find her nice to deal with during my inquiry for a custom. Took her about 3 days to respond on a sale inquiry, which I can just assume is the fastest one can expect from her at this rate. I remember one YouTuber doing a box opening commenting she forgot about the doll but eventually she received it in about a year. Bushel and Peck does a put a disclaimer online that she never rushes her dollmaking but I know what u mean by communicating better. Every good paying customer deserves that and think you have been extremely patient. I would personally follow up every single day---professionally. This is not acceptable given that some artists do exceptional post-sale follow ups and go above and beyond. I'm sure u will get a great doll :headspin:

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Thanks. It's now been two weeks since I emailed her. I guess it's time to try again. I just hate to be one of those people that are annoying but I do feel that she owes me at least a quick email. I have no problem waiting for the doll- I knew I would be but communication is important. She has my money and she should at least touch base with me.
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

I cant believe that some people can just ignore their customers.. I can understand when someone emails you 20 times a day and you answer then once but to not answer someone after two weeks... that's just uncalled for. If you can't keep up with customs don't take them!! period! its rude to take money and then leave people hanging. I would message her daily until she responds.
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Man that is lousy business practice.. I would do what the other ladies say, and send her a reminder that you are needing an update on your doll.

I ordered a custom from Wanda once... ages ago. I just got tired of waiting.. She kept on offering me a discount...but in the end I just asked for a refund.. I had totally lost interest in the doll I had been looking so forward to getting and just didn't want to wait any longer... I got back my full payment. Good luck!
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

I sent another email and she answered and said the doll will be done "sometime in September"
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Thats a four week "sometime". Pretty wide space of time.