Reborn rooting question???

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
erin1958

Reborn rooting question???

Post by erin1958 »

Ok. Another question to see what you all like the best to mark your vinyl heads with, to map out your rooting pattern? I tried a white, soft pencil and now can't get it off. Grrrrrrrr!!!

Thanks for suggestions.
Erin
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
TinyTimms_Doris

Re: Reborn rooting question???

Post by TinyTimms_Doris »

I'm sorry Erin that has happened to me too! I have a blue erasable (supposedly) marker that I used and now one of my heads has faint blue lines. Ugh! I am hoping that when I finish him he will look like he has veins. I'm sick over it so I feel for you. I started using a prisma pencil and just lightly marking on the vinyl. It will come off as long as you are not baking it.
Californiateri

Post by Californiateri »

I use a prisma pencil in the color of the hair I'm going to use. That way it blends in and you don't have to worry about taking it off.
teri - and my sweeties

Wyattsmommy_Cassandra

Post by Wyattsmommy_Cassandra »

I bought a white chalk marker after several ladies recommended it(they seemed to have great luck with it), but mine barely shows up :? It is easily removed though... maybe I just got a crappy one? Next time I'm at Michael's or Hobby Lobby I plan to grab a more expensive one to see if it makes a difference. The one I bought was just a cheapie, no brand from Wish.com.
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Thank you Doris and Teri and Casandra. The white one I used is a Prismacolor pencil. I figured it'd be fine but that's what I get I guess. Lol. I probably wasn't careful enough st all because I thought it'd come off. I hadn't even thought of using the hair color Teri. That's a good idea. I've also heard of the chalk but figured that'd wipe off too easy. I didn't know there were chalk pencils though. That may work too.

Thanks for the input Gals. I feel silly asking these questions when I've rooted doll heads for years and years but as we all know, vinyl and silicone are like night and day with the differences.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
azbaby_Laurie

Post by azbaby_Laurie »

I had trouble getting pencil off from rooting, try an eraser. Test the eraser on paper to make sure it doesn't leave marks.

Laurie
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

I use a white Gelly Roll pen, you can find them at Michael's. It wipes right off the vinyl even thou it say its waterproof and I did some testing this morning and you can even use it for the fingernails and toenail tips and after it is sealed it will not wipe off, if anyone wants to see how it works on the vinyl I will more them happy to take pictures later and post them.
Crystal-caelinsmomma

Post by Crystal-caelinsmomma »

I use a white Gelly Roll pen too, it works great.
Suebee_Lullaby Lane

Post by Suebee_Lullaby Lane »

I use Prismacolors water color pencils in the color of the hair I am rooting and I have found that it erases almost totally and what is left can be rubbed with a dampened finger. I get rid of the lines as I'm working and before I root over them.