deleted

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Suzzysiu

deleted

Post by Suzzysiu »

Thank you.
Last edited by Suzzysiu on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kim

Re: Rerooting mohair service

Post by Kim »

Hi, That is a shame. I feel so bad for you. I am not a reborner but hope you can find one. Box openings should be special. Do you like everything else about her?
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

You might want to consider trying to get your money back before you do anything to her, unless you're in love otherwise. Rooting services can be quite expensive for a good job.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Suzzysiu

Post by Suzzysiu »

Yes, I like everything else about her, just her hair is a major eye sore. Even my 5 year old asked what was wrong with her hair when we were opening up the box :(
On ebay listing description said no return, so I don‘t know how I can return her and get my money back.
Suzzysiu

Post by Suzzysiu »

She is now wearing a hat all the time.
Jane

Post by Jane »

Even though she put in the auction - No Returns - You can still file a claim as Item not as described . It might be worth you time to do so . Sorry you had a bad experience .
Hug's Jane

:heart: :heart: :heart: Sweet Baby Clara :heart: :heart: :heart:
Suzzysiu

Post by Suzzysiu »

Thanks Jane.
Wyattsmommy_Cassandra

Post by Wyattsmommy_Cassandra »

I have to echo what the other ladies have already said... If you aren't attached to the baby, you'd really be better off filing a "not as described" case through eBay and getting your money back. Even though she states no returns, eBay/Paypal will still make her refund. It was very naughty of her not to disclose these issues to you. Re-roots, to me, require too much EXTRA work, so personally I don't do them. You have to remove all the old hair and glue before you can even begin, and then the hair generally needs to re-rooted a bit thicker to camouflage the old rooting holes... for me, sometimes the hair doesn't like to grab because the vinyl is too overworked.... I know it's doable as I've seen several ladies do it, but it takes a lot of work, and if it's done right (by a reputable artist), it could get pretty expensive. I'm so sorry you had a bad experience :-(
Suzzysiu

Post by Suzzysiu »

Thank you for your advice!
Mom2emall

Post by Mom2emall »

I am so sorry you had such a bad experience. I'm not shocked. I have had to redo so many so called artists messes its unreal. I'd be glad to talk with u about rerooting totally or the possibility of adding to the existing hair. I have many years experience and a number of references. Regardless. B careful don't get into a deeper mess. Best of luck.
Suzzysiu

Post by Suzzysiu »

Thank you Mom2email. I will send you a private message later.
jacquelyn123

Post by jacquelyn123 »

Michelle Hagins on Facebook does rooting services and is very good
robinsmithsc

Post by robinsmithsc »

It sounds like you want to keep her . Maybe you could negotiate a partial refund to help offset the cost of rooting her hair.
Suzzysiu

Post by Suzzysiu »

Thank you Jacquelyn for the info. And yes, I think I have had attached to this baby after holding her every evening since I got her home.It is quite hard for me to let her go :(
She is also my first reborn baby. My brain tells me to let go,but my heart tells me to keep her..

Thanks Robinsmithsc . I will try to negotiate a partial refund.