Help! Clothes Too Big from Mothercare

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Kiana_bey

Help! Clothes Too Big from Mothercare

Post by Kiana_bey »

Hey :hi ya:

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me. I live in the US and bought some clothes from Mothercare for my baby that's being made. The only issue is that the collection was only available from 3-6 month size. I have gotten things in this size from Janie and Jack, so I knew it would be a little big. The items I received from Mothercare look huge though. More like a 6-9 size. The baby is about 22 inches and 12 lbs. Will she be ok to wear this? If not, does anyone know how I can shrink these? I can't return since I live in US and postage would be so expensive.

Thank you
Susan Cornelius

Re: Help! Clothes Too Big from Mothercare

Post by Susan Cornelius »

I am looking for someone to do some alterations on clothing as well. Hopefully there is someone here who will sew for us!
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Hi, I have washed it very hot water and then put in the dryer on high heat.
cyndig77

Post by cyndig77 »

I do alterations but I'm not cheap. I'm just finishing up with a WilBeth romper that was size 12 months and now it's newborn. I'll post pics next week when it's finished...if I can find the post with the directions to post now that Photobucket is gone, lol....
Please understand that to remake something means that i have to totally tear it apart, recut at best and redesign most likely and then get it all back together. I'm sure some of you have redone dolls that have had to be totally stripped before painting....it's like doing it twice so you have to really love the piece you want done. PM me or email me if you need more info....I check email much more frequently.
Kiana_bey

Post by Kiana_bey »

LindaBforbabies wrote:Hi, I have washed it very hot water and then put in the dryer on high heat.
Thank you! I'm gonna try this before I do alterations. The baby is supposed to be big, so hopefully shrinking will help.
Kiana_bey

Post by Kiana_bey »

cyndig77 wrote:I do alterations but I'm not cheap. I'm just finishing up with a WilBeth romper that was size 12 months and now it's newborn. I'll post pics next week when it's finished...if I can find the post with the directions to post now that Photobucket is gone, lol....
Please understand that to remake something means that i have to totally tear it apart, recut at best and redesign most likely and then get it all back together. I'm sure some of you have redone dolls that have had to be totally stripped before painting....it's like doing it twice so you have to really love the piece you want done. PM me or email me if you need more info....I check email much more frequently.
Would it be really expensive if I just needed sleeves and bottom hemmed? I doesn't look too bad width wise, but they are very long.
cyndig77

Post by cyndig77 »

Just hemming sleeves and bottom doesn't sound like a big job. I charge $20 an hour for alterations and it sounds like an hour is all it would take. Postage would be your cost, too, so you have to figure that in.