Its been a while...is the community disappearing?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
tixiepixi_linda

Re: Its been a while...is the community disappearing?

Post by tixiepixi_linda »

I'm staying :)
x Hugs x
Linda

Madison by Andrea Arcello
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

I would never leave Doll Fan ! This forum has made many of my Dolly Dreams come true !
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
MichellesReborns

Post by MichellesReborns »

I’m glad to see people so active here but honestly I’m surprised any forum is active in 2017.

Forums were a staple of the early internet. (I spent my tween and teenage years on The Sims 2 and podcasting forums. I didn’t have dolls then except my Sims). For me really forums were awesome 2001-2009.

Community thrives where people spend time. Now it’s all about YouTube, Facebook and Instagram. I don’t see dolls on any other social media platforms than those 3 but please enlighten me if you do.

I guess what I’m saying is that this form retro which makes it extra cool but I can understand why it’s not attracting new doll fans.
DianeLovesBabies

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

I am on both FB and here but do not sell or buy on FB. Do not know many people over there and it is not comfortable selling dolls there. Love to come on here and see what everyone has bought and the newest babies on the market. This is like home and a close knit family of dolly people.

Hugs,
Diane
Be happy and play with dolls!
judyismyname

Post by judyismyname »

I’m still here. Love doll fan
MaggyMoo

Post by MaggyMoo »

I know forums will probably go away, and I will be sad when they do. I've not been able to transition to social media. Also, I feel that social media fractures communities. I could be wrong though.

I don't post much here because I'm a collector, but not as deep as many here and don't always know what to say. But, this post really struck a chord with me.
always_babyluv

Post by always_babyluv »

I’m new to doll fan, though have been in the reborn community for over a year now. I’m loving this though, and don’t plan to go anywhere. I’m on a couple dolly groups on Facebook, and they are OK, but this place just seems warm and friendly! Definitely sticking around! And looking forward to meeting more of you!
DianneDollLover

Post by DianneDollLover »

I'm here and not going anywhere. :D I'm not on social media. Doll Fan and the ladies on here are the best! :grouphug: