Its been a while...is the community disappearing?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Barbydoll

Re: Its been a while...is the community disappearing?

Post by Barbydoll »

I Love Doll-Fan, too!!
I have met so many wonderful friends here!!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
alienor

Post by alienor »

after a break, I'm here too, even if I don't post, I read ecah day :-) (I don't like FB, used only for games)
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

I will be here too. I love DF :D

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
DonnaKelly 74

Post by DonnaKelly 74 »

I am new to The Doll collecting world and Doll Fan. I have learned so much about different sculpts and the Artists through Doll Fan. I think more importantly I feel that the members that I have dealt with in purchasing my babies have been very honest and love and take pride in the babies that they sell you. I would find it hard to purchase a baby elsewhere. I do read posts daily and find so much new information that is very helpful to me. Thank you to the members who have taken me under there wing :))
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

I'm with all of you.....love this site but guess most people are interested in listing their babies where they get the most exposure....facebook. I have facebook. Too many comments; too hard to find prices and you can't see all the babies for sale unless you "friend" each reborner.
NiSchi

Post by NiSchi »

I´m a DF member for 10 years now :shock: and I also still LOVE this place for sharing our passion of our lovely hobby, share pictures
and stories :heart: ...I also have met WONDERFUL friends here on Doll-Fan and still do :grouphug: ...so I will stay here too...!!
This has always been a good place for selling or buying dolls...and to know where the babies will be going to...I have made so many many great experiences here either with selling or buying :headspin: ...!!
Also not a huge FB friend myself...

I´m very very thankful for this place :grouphug: ...!!

Dolly HUGS - Nicole
tovisbabies

Post by tovisbabies »

this is so much better than facebook. I have joined some groups on facebk and have had a lot of trouble with scammers and time wasters...much more difficult dealing with total strangers.

I think the problem on here is that most of us have all the babies we have room for, so it is getting very difficult to sell anymore. Maybe we should have a trading forum..

tovi
Monique_B

Post by Monique_B »

I’ve veered away from here for long spurts of time but come back once in a while. So many long time members had disappeared from here that I ventured into Facebook doll land. It’s ok, but I don’t trust as easily to buy or sell over there as I do here.

I would love to share more and be more active here, but I have no clue how to attach pictures anymore and don’t do super great with change so I kind of gave up and just browse once in a while. I miss when the group was large and things were easy! :lol:
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

I enjoy reading here...and now it's much easier to upload photos here I think it might become more active.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Guess most of us are the "ole" timers.
chelle77

Post by chelle77 »

I'm still here~~come on a couple times a day but mostly just read now :)
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

I am still here and don't plan on going anywhere. My world has just been crazy that last 3 years and I've had little to no personal time. Then you throw in the whole photobucket thing which rocked my already crazy world. I know I can do gallery and "attachments". I've not had time to do the gallery and all of my photos are too big for attachments. Sigh
My mom just moved in with us. She's 76 with congested heart failure, COPD, diabetes and chronic degenerative disc disease. So...my hands are a bit full but I NEED you guys for a quick check in...so ya' all stay here!
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

I love Dollfan and all the awesome members here. I don't like FB. I really enjoy the feeling of community we have here.
Rebecca
Dion

Post by Dion »

:heart: I haven't been around much lately, as life has been busy, but I will always be a DF member. There are so many members that mean the world to me here, even though I don't always keep in touch like I should :( . When we DO meet up again, it's like there never was a break at all. :grouphug: There are such amazing ladies here.

I don't do Facebook for weeks at a time. Never have liked it. Probably never will. The Facebook doll world is too complicated and too disjointed for me.

I hope that you will all stay here, too, and that DF will always be here for us. I do love to see friends return like Alienor and others. That always makes me smile.

:grouphug: Dion
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

I’m here and not leaving either! I don’t post anywhere near as often, but will try to do a better job!

Old timer here!
Barbara L.

Post by Barbara L. »

I enjoy the support and friendliness of Doll-Fan.
And I love to see all kinds of dolls and read about them.
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
alienor

Post by alienor »

hi Dion, my "witch sister" :foryou:
Dion

Post by Dion »

alienor wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:10 am hi Dion, my "witch sister" :foryou:
Hello Sister Dear!! Every time I look at the black kitty on the broom that you gave me, I think of you!! SOOOO love to see you back here.

:heart: :hug: :heart:
~Valerie~Anne~

Post by ~Valerie~Anne~ »

May I suggest that we all try and post more often. There are quite a few of us here and if we all post we'll have more to enjoy here at Doll-Fan.
Emma Rose
Inspired_Rebecca

Post by Inspired_Rebecca »

~Valerie~Anne~ wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:59 pm May I suggest that we all try and post more often. There are quite a few of us here and if we all post we'll have more to enjoy here at Doll-Fan.
I definitely miss everyone sharing their dolls. That's always been my favorite part of doll fan and most of the posts lately seem to only be for sales ads.

I'll try to do my part and post some more pictures of Chantal this weekend :)
Rebecca