An issue (Update added to first post)

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
SeabeesWife10Tanya

An issue (Update added to first post)

Post by SeabeesWife10Tanya »

I got a facebook message from her this morning telling me paypal was going to issue me a full refund as soon as she got the doll back and then I guess she blocked me. The problem is when I told her the doll was too heavy she told me I could cut the stitching from the chest plate and remove some of the weight so that's what I tried to do but unfortunately I was unable to get her stitched back up (it is not as easy as she claimed it would be). I just noticed that paypal says the item needs to be returned to the seller in the same condition as I received it but do you think since she told me to cut the stitching it will be ok? and will I be refunded for shipping the doll back to her?

I spent a lot of money on a doll recently but when I got her she was extremely heavy (had to have been about 20lbs) but then I noticed the creases on the backs of her knees haven't been painted and the area that has is coming off. I just got this doll on Friday and i have been waiting for her for a long time. The artist tells me she will repaint her legs but I have to pay for shipping again for her to go there and back to me...i don't feel like I should have to because if she had painted her right then this would have been avoided. The artist also tells me that crease cracks are inevitable and her legs were fine when she sent her to me so she is implying that in just 3 days I manged to scrape the paint off of a perfectly good doll. I am not sure what to do should I ask for a full refund and send it back?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SeabeesWife10Tanya on Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pat in Alabama

Re: An issue

Post by Pat in Alabama »

Just my opinion but she should not have sent a doll that had these flaws on her legs. I would ask for a full refund and send her back.
Wishing you a blessed day.
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

I would send her back.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

That looks horrible. I would file a claim with paypal and ship the doll back to her.
Hugs,
Nadia

avigrace96

Post by avigrace96 »

I would send her back- there is no guarantee the paint won't also disappear in other places...
robinsmithsc

Post by robinsmithsc »

EDIT: I didn't see the photos before I wrote this. That's pretty bad .The skin tone is so much darker it's really noticable. If I was an artist I WOULD WANT to fix .I wouldn't want this to be an example of my work.

I hope it gets settled without too much angst. :hug: :foryou:
Last edited by robinsmithsc on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

NadiaK wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:41 pm That looks horrible. I would file a claim with paypal and ship the doll back to her.
Totally agree!!!!!
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Yeah that should not be happening. She needs to fix it AND pay for shipping to have the doll returned back to her and back to you. This is HER fault, not yours. If this doll had been painted and cured correctly, this should never have happened thus there would be nothing you could have done (aside from scraping pure acetone on it) to attempt to pull the paint off like that. It's a shame because the skin color is beautiful - you can tell she spent a lot of time building it up - but she needs to own her mistakes. :?
So sorry this happened.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Are all the creases like that or is it just the back of the legs? First that is not right and should not have happened, secondly you should not have to pay for shipping when it was an obviously boo-boo that is not your fault. Is the artist reputable? Because if it was me I would just send those limbs for her to fix not the whole doll.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
SeabeesWife10Tanya

It's actually not a silicone doll she is Cammi by ping laundry. I told the artist I didn't think it was fair that I pay shipping since it was not my fault and she told me the legs were fine when she sent the doll and she said she is not going to argue with me :(
SeabeesWife10Tanya

georgeanne wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:49 pm Are all the creases like that or is it just the back of the legs? First that is not right and should not have happened, secondly you should not have to pay for shipping when it was an obviously boo-boo that is not your fault. Is the artist reputable? Because if it was me I would just send those limbs for her to fix not the whole doll.
The paint where her arm bends is also starting to come off
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Did you pay via PayPal to where you could file a claim?
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
SeabeesWife10Tanya

Court_LLRN wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:45 pm Did you pay via PayPal to where you could file a claim?
Yes, I just filed a claim but now it seems paypal is not letting me sign back in for some reason but I will keep you all updated
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

you did nothing wrong here. Sometimes this happens. It has happened to me on occasion and it is not an easy fix. The paint came off during the painting process for whatever reason. Sometimes the sealer cracks. with the softer vinyl which cami is I believe it can bend in the oven and then when you stretch it back out it can crack. It is not an easy fix even during the painting process and I have personally had to sell a few as a boo boo because of this. it isnt that it wasnt painted but for whatever reason it went all the way back down to the vinyl .. Usually more sealer has to be placed there and it is really really hard to get it to match as layers have to be built up.
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

I'm sorry this happened to you. Why in the world would anyone weight a doll to 20 pounds???
SeabeesWife10Tanya

Re: An issue (Update added to first post)

Thanks everyone. I am heartbroken I looked around for the longest time to try to find someone who specializes in biracial skin tone and ended up paying over $2000 for her so this is the last thing I expected. Yeah I have no idea why she made her so heavy but it was hard to even pick her up and her limbs would just hang.
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I would just stitch her back up the best you can to match how she was done initially. Maybe take more pictures of what is wrong and then take pictures of her stitching with a note saying the artist told you to do this. Good luck!
Hoping you get a full refund for her.
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Do not send the doll back until you get direction to do so from paypal. If you ship it back on her say so without paypal being involved then she could get the doll and never refund your money back.
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

make sure you keep the message and send it to paypal. if she instructed you to do it and you have it in a message then you should be covered.
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

jubileejulie wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:44 pm Do not send the doll back until you get direction to do so from paypal. If you ship it back on her say so without paypal being involved then she could get the doll and never refund your money back.
Absolutely great advise! Go through paypal 100%.... and screenshot that message as well.If you go through paypal she will have to pay for shipping the doll back to her! Did you pay for the doll all at once or did you make payments on her?