SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
MonicaW

Re: SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

Post by MonicaW »

Love it Melissa!!! Lol
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

KrisC wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:31 am
Here is my two cents (again). One, I know buyers who have bought direct from Andrea, had problems within a week and she ignored them completely. Said the doll was handled too much when the paint came off a day later. No, paint should NOT come off within a day of redressing it once.... and even so, when a doll is under warranty, the doll should be allowed to come back to be fixed. She never fixed it.... Not ok as a SELLER.

Two, yes, she said she would replace Summer at a discounted price...from what I was told that price was $850.00. That isnt a discounted price. It costs (from my experience) about $250-350.00 in silicone to make one silicone doll. That is what the price should have been to replace a defective doll to the original Mommy who spent $1800.00. Not a profit of $500.00 each replacement to the artist that TOLD everyone it was platinum but KNEW the dolls were tin.
You cannot paint or fix a platinum doll with with anything but platinum silicone paint. So she either... she didnt know ALL HER DOLLS were being poured in tin by Michelle Fagan and then painted those tin dolls with platinum silicone (which would be why the paint didnt stick and a good reason to refund or redo..but wait the paint did stick on a lot of dolls) or two she DID KNOW her dolls were tin and painted them with tin and then the paint stuck... and if she had to repair any, she would have done so with tin silicone or silypoxy ... because silypoxy is the only repair silicone that works with tin. So my stand is, Andrea knew her dolls were tin... because she both painted and repaired them. Not ok as an ARTIST.

I do agree, we dont always know the story these dolls will have in the long term. I think armatures can pop out of silicone, I think baking genesis can at some point cause lung issues, I think fat pellets can become greasy ... long term, we are all still discovering. And we need to be reasonable as both buyer and seller. But I do not think the silicone dolls should be the topic/ issue in this. I think it is the Artist and Seller, that is the issue.

Even if Arcello Mommys werent lied too (and as much as all my testing can prove these dolls are tin and I feel that these Mommy were indeed lied too, only Andrea really knows) I do think they should have had their voices heard. If they had warranties, those warranties should have been valid. All the warranties... not just some lucky mommy at random or by Andreas choice...
And I know of buyers who never got a response back... even after a week of original purchase date. And they spent all their savings to buy their first silicone doll, just to have it break down a week later and now, after some time, is a pile of greasy slimy silicone parts that are crumbling under the touch (doesnt happen with platinum)
So again... I dont think the dolls are the main issue, I think it is the Seller.

Just my two cents :) love u all :heart:
Very well stated Kris. I totally agree with you. I am curious if Andrea had a contract with Michelle where it was stated exactly what type of silicone would be used for the Summer edition. And lets not forget the Elliot Lucas edition where Andrea had Claire Taylor pour a few dolls to start the edition. Those Elliot's were fabulous. And without even letting her customers know that there would be a change in pourer, she decided to complete the edition by doing the silicone herself. And in return came the whole Elliot Lucas fiasco with endless problems with the dolls. So I agree. The problem is the artist !!!!
Hugs,
Nadia

MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I went back to my paypal I was wrong I paid $2,250 for my silicone Maize
NadiaK

Re: 2nd response from Andreas assistant Linda. I will just call my new expert witness Melissa to reply to thisa

Post by NadiaK »

MonicaW wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:57 pm
As I said in my original email, Andrea sent out a mass email to all of her collectors offering a discount to those that were ORIGINAL Summer owners. And because you failed to mention your eligibility for the discount at the time of your Maizie purchase Andrea . And you feel that you deserve a full refund?!? Andrea stands by HER dolls and does what she can within her power to make things right with her customers. Summer is nearly 7 years old, if you were driving a 7-year-old car that began to show signs of wear would you then threaten the car manufacturer? We too were affected in negative ways from Michelle Fagan’s pours, that is why we now pour all our dolls in house, with a warranty.

Linda
No she doesn't !!! :banghead:
Hugs,
Nadia

NadiaK

Re: Bumped up posts about problems with Andrea Arcello's dolls going back to 2014

Post by NadiaK »

MonicaW wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:22 pm Donna you are right in that video a hole in her full body Asian baby by Andrea. Wow
Just went and found the video you are referring to. I would just be sick if I found that on one of my dolls. Start about 5 minutes in.

Hugs,
Nadia

Court_LLRN

Re: Bumped up posts about problems with Andrea Arcello's dolls going back to 2014

Post by Court_LLRN »

NadiaK wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:23 pm
MonicaW wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:22 pm Donna you are right in that video a hole in her full body Asian baby by Andrea. Wow
Just went and found the video you are referring to. I would just be sick if I found that on one of my dolls. Start about 5 minutes in.

:shock: How is that even a thing?? A hole?? Is the silicone not solid all the way through?
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
MonicaW

Re: 2nd response from Andreas assistant Linda. I will just call my new expert witness Melissa to reply to thisa

Post by MonicaW »

Look up my Facebook page Monica Walsh Harriman NY. I posted about it and posted Bonnie Brown's video it shows what Bonnie Brown said. She had to contact her several times and only got 850. Bonnie Brown responded on her page to me. I love her dolls. Her Levi is my favorite reborn. That video she made shows how there is no point in fixing her. Andrea Arcello is a pure liar.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

It is suppose to be solid when it is full bodied.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

I've heard of having core in the belly where the silicone area is bigger but in the limbs area I would certainly expect them to be solid silicone or else it'd be too fragile. I could just be not seeing it right but Melissa clearly says it's a hole that goes deep. I guess it could have been an air bubble? Maybe Melissa McCrory can shed some light. :?
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

Could it be possible that it is where the arms were put on and it just needs to be resealed? Andrea has a way of putting on the limbs and heads and making it look seamless.
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Why don't you stop filling the board up with post after post of negativity and take your matter up in a private way? This has been hashed over and over before - Ridiculous.
I doubt you will "run anyone out of business" and if this is your goal - get it off this forum. I'm personally sick of it.
KrisC

Post by KrisC »

KrisC wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:31 am
Carolr wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:49 am I’m sure all be bashed for this! This is sad all around. I think we should wait to hear what Andrea says when she replies to Monica. This has been brought up time after time...these are silicone dolls. Summer was from 6 years ago. I don’t think Artist back then knew what they know now. I seriously doubt Andrea got together with Michelle to make a silicone that would break apart. These are chances we take when we buy these babies. I know for a fact that Andrea did address the Summer situation and if your Summer was defective, you got Maisie at a discounted rate. Andrea received no help from Michelle whatsoever. All her money went into having those dolls poured. And how long do we expect to get refunded when there is a problem....it’s been 6 years. I can’t go buy a refrigerator have it for 6 years, have it break and ask for a refund.....I don’t think we can do that with anything. This is a bad situation, all around. Monica with a damaged Summer which is very sad and unfortunate and Andrea which had someone poured for her and now it’s become a witch hunt every time it’s brought up.

Just like every one can bash Andrea, I can certainly stand behind her because everything I have bought from her has been perfect.
Carol, I love that you speak up. I love that we all feel free to speak up. We protect each other and care for one another. And that is AMAZING!!!

Here is my two cents (again). One, I know buyers who have bought direct from Andrea, had problems within a week and she ignored them completely. Said the doll was handled too much when the paint came off a day later. No, paint should NOT come off within a day of redressing it once.... and even so, when a doll is under warranty, the doll should be allowed to come back to be fixed. She never fixed it.... Not ok as a SELLER.

Two, yes, she said she would replace Summer at a discounted price...from what I was told that price was $850.00. That isnt a discounted price. It costs (from my experience) about $250-350.00 in silicone to make one silicone doll. That is what the price should have been to replace a defective doll to the original Mommy who spent $1800.00. Not a profit of $500.00 each replacement to the artist that TOLD everyone it was platinum but KNEW the dolls were tin.
You cannot paint or fix a platinum doll with with anything but platinum silicone paint. So she either... she didnt know ALL HER DOLLS were being poured in tin by Michelle Fagan and then painted those tin dolls with platinum silicone (which would be why the paint didnt stick and a good reason to refund or redo..but wait the paint did stick on a lot of dolls) or two she DID KNOW her dolls were tin and painted them with tin and then the paint stuck... and if she had to repair any, she would have done so with tin silicone or silypoxy ... because silypoxy is the only repair silicone that works with tin. So my stand is, Andrea knew her dolls were tin... because she both painted and repaired them. Not ok as an ARTIST.

I do agree, we dont always know the story these dolls will have in the long term. I think armatures can pop out of silicone, I think baking genesis can at some point cause lung issues, I think fat pellets can become greasy ... long term, we are all still discovering. And we need to be reasonable as both buyer and seller. But I do not think the silicone dolls should be the topic/ issue in this. I think it is the Artist and Seller, that is the issue.

Even if Arcello Mommys werent lied too (and as much as all my testing can prove these dolls are tin and I feel that these Mommy were indeed lied too, only Andrea really knows) I do think they should have had their voices heard. If they had warranties, those warranties should have been valid. All the warranties... not just some lucky mommy at random or by Andreas choice...
And I know of buyers who never got a response back... even after a week of original purchase date. And they spent all their savings to buy their first silicone doll, just to have it break down a week later and now, after some time, is a pile of greasy slimy silicone parts that are crumbling under the touch (doesnt happen with platinum)
So again... I dont think the dolls are the main issue, I think it is the Seller.

Just my two cents :) love u all :heart:
I need to revamp my statement. Maize was offered as a replacement at $1000.00 to Summer Mommies and $2300.00 to everyone else. Arcello told Summer Mommies this was at no profit to her... but at cost of $250-350.00 for materials...that is about a $700.00 profit.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I don't care what you think or want Sue this topic doesn't concern you. And it is not just being discussed only on doll-fan also on Bonnie Brown's facebook you know the respectable artist who sculpted Levi and Saska. She also had a Summer that fell apart on her . There are many Andrea dolls that fell apart that she didn't do the right thing on.
Here is another post on Bonnie Brown's page about one.
Brenda Vaughn

"My Brielle's head fell off and she has tears at her ankles, behind her knees and inside her elbows. Her sculpts are beautiful but I will never buy from her again. I feel we were ripped off because we paid platinum prices for tin."

Sorry you don't care about your fellow collectors getting ripped off but that is your problem. My posts already stopped 2 collectors from buying 2 full bodied silicone dolls from Andrea. Stop them from getting hurt like others have. That s the point.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Here is another one. Recent on Facebook.

Susan Rucker
"After a good friend had problems with her Maggie from Andrea I backed out on mine. Like the rest of you I can't afford to spend money on something that will fall apart. She was to be my first silicone. I did file with PayPal and got part of my money back. She no longer accepts PP or wasn't."

But Andrea Arcello should still be in business
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Becca now I know you definitely made the right choice. This is from facebook on Bonnie Brown pages who had a silicone summer that fell apart on her someone just posted this about Maggie

Susan Rucker
"After a good friend had problems with her Maggie from Andrea I backed out on mine. Like the rest of you I can't afford to spend money on something that will fall apart. She was to be my first silicone. I did file with PayPal and got part of my money back. She no longer accepts PP or wasn't."
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

She is disgusting. I forgot that's right she charged me $50 for shipping. So I paid $2300 for Maize and $1850 for my noe headless Summer which I am sure is going to full apart more. I gave her $4,150 and now have only one doll and not suppose to be upset. There is a post on Facebook that the new Maggie has problems too. I thought this video was good this lady made about this doll falling apart.
And in the end she makes a profit off of Summer it. And some people got nothing. I am totally disheartened
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

all I can say is WOW!!!!!! reputations are sooo very important in this business. 50 years I have been doing this.
My work is not perfect , Haven't created that Million dollar baby as yet! or expensive .because I love what I do ,I strive to get better and I love my Collectors. with out them I am not Me!!!
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I have a question? Do people who are saying these dolls were poured in tin silicone know it for a FACT? Or is it just everyone's assumption? I am not asking it to be argumentative at all. I have tin silicones that even after 10 years are not falling apart. I do however have "platinum silicones" that are and have fallen apart who are not by Andrea or Michelle.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Melissas Babies wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:02 pm all I can say is WOW!!!!!! reputations are sooo very important in this business. 50 years I have been doing this.
My work is not perfect , Haven't created that Million dollar baby as yet! or expensive .because I love what I do ,I strive to get better and I love my Collectors. with out them I am not Me!!!
Where is that "love" button when you need it. Melissa I was lucky enough several years ago to adopt "Dravon" and he is still perfect and I am not his first Mommy, but I can tell you I AM his last. He tugs at my heartstrings every time I hold him.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I totally agree with you Melissa. I also think when one collector has an issue like this, we should all support that person. You never know when it might happen to you. And you too would feel broken after losing so much money and getting a response from the artist that basically states she doesn't give a damn.
Hugs,
Nadia