SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Dreambabies52

DOES ANYONE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANDREA ARCELLO ?

Post by Dreambabies52 »

Has anyone had a problem communicating with Andrea Arcello ? I bought Elliot from a lady here on DF. He was a custom order but she desided to sell him.I bathed him the day I recieved him and thats when I saw the peeling on the leg,and its getting bigger by the day.I must have sent out at least six different emails to Andrea asking for advise, NOTHING :banghead: No communication what so ever.What happened to standing behind your product - needless to say I'm ticked off .I paid $3250. for a silicone baby that is defective,that I now have to get repaired at a cost to me.
I am hearing too many stories about well respected artists not doing the right thing. maybe its time to put a stop to my collecting.
Thanks ladies,
Denise.
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANDREA ARCELLO ?

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

HI, I am just making an observation and it has nothing to do with Andrea or whomever your purchased the doll from. As an Artist usually warranties only go as far as the first client. There is no way to know what a doll goes through once it leaves the studio. Again this is not reflecting on who you purchased from or Andrea just stating what is the normal.
Elisabettas Babies

Post by Elisabettas Babies »

I don't own any FBS but I've heard time and again that it's not advisable to bathe them, they are collector items...
Annette

Post by Annette »

Andrea has a lady who handles all her emails. Maybe write to her. I have always had great communication with her.
Hugs Annette
WithloveSteph

Post by WithloveSteph »

lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra wrote:HI, I am just making an observation and it has nothing to do with Andrea or whomever your purchased the doll from. As an Artist usually warranties only go as far as the first client. There is no way to know what a doll goes through once it leaves the studio. Again this is not reflecting on who you purchased from or Andrea just stating what is the normal.
I was about to say the same thing. Most artists only guarantee warranties/protection to the person who originally bought the item, not resells. Even if the doll was brand new, that doesn't matter. Sorry you are having this issue. Hopefully she can give you some advice, but I wouldn't expect to get a repair for free. It doesn't usually work that way.
With Love,
Stephanie
Meg

Post by Meg »

I do see the OP stated she was asking for advise from Andrea, not repairs or responsibility...sooo... :dunno:
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I had an issue with a kit I bought from Andrea. I emailed her and got a response right away. Andrea herself never responds to anything, it is always her assistant Linda. Linda seems very nice and does try to help.
Hugs,
Nadia

dana

Post by dana »

I am sure this post will cause drama but you are asking a very valid question and I know first hand about Andreas customer service or should I say Linda because most of the time Linda answers for Andrea..Andrea doesn't take the time to deal with the folks after the sale..... I did not buy an Elliot Lucas from her but a very good and trusted friend did.. My friend was in TEARS when she received the doll.... my friend sent the doll back..andrea sent her a new one but it was worse...the mold was all stretched so the head looked like it was coming off the body.. I took it to DEDS so a good number of you ladies saw the doll so you know I am being 100 % honest... I felt the doll was not up to par so i wanted expert opinion and DEDS had plenty of experts... DeniseO looked over the doll thoroughly and her conclusion was a mother mold wasnt used so the mold stretched.... but that wasnt the only problem ...the doll was a sloppy mess....Please dont get mad at me for this because it is not just my opinion it was the opinion of everyone at the show that saw her except for one sweet lady that had come with her daughter.. She thought he was still adorable.. Her daughter had an Elliot L. but it was poured by Claire Taylor...not Andrea so her doll was amazing good... after about the fourth or fifth doll Andrea decided try pouring her on silicone instead of leaving it to the professional Claire Taylor.....So she used one of the silicones poured by Claire to make her ( Andreas) molds In MY opinion this is why you see sooooooo many Elliot Lucas dolls for sale .... We expect to get the doll in Andreas prototype picture and that was a doll poured by Claire and not her... with all that being said ...last year I bought a Nadia Arcello with hopes of repainting it .. Andrea CLAIMED it was platinum but it wasnt.... It was TIN so I couldnt paint it because I only have platinum paints so I contacted Andrea.......BUT she redirected me to Michelle Fagan because she claimed was the one who poured it and she was told it was platinum..... I notified Michelle but no response from her....
I told myself I would not be in the middle of one of these toxic post anymore and I was SO proud of myself when I didn't respond to the last two I followed because I certainly had strong feelings about the posts but I have been sitting on the feeling towards Andrea & Elliot Lucas because I didnt want to start anything because so many people love andrea and I didnt want them pissed at me and thinking I was just a trouble maker but then the other side of me thinks I am a Hypocrite for knowing how bad the dolls are and not speaking up... I hate to see you ladies buying this doll and getting disappointed because from the looks of how many folks sold him there was a lot of disappointment..... I know a few of you were super happy but I am willing to bet the REALLY happy folks bought the dolls poured by Claire.... I will admit that I feel Andrea is a good sculptor but I don't think it was fair that she chose to learn to mold and pour her own silicone on Elliot Lucas after she had Claire start and she used the pictures of Claire's doll .. I think $3200 or $3400 is WAY to much money to learn on... You should be very experienced in the process before charging such big bucks....really You should be experienced in the process before charging any money ...Integrity is so important.... I will probably regret this post .......because the backlash gives me a stomach ache .... I am going to hold my breathe and push submit........
:banghead:

SharonL

Post by SharonL »

Yes, people get bashed for telling the truth, but it's necessary. Thank you. :grouphug:
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

Dana, please don't be upset with yourself or worry about upsetting others by coming forth on this matter. I have dealt with Andrea several times in the past and always been pleased but I have also been wondering why so many of the EL babies have been coming up for re-sale. You can be sure if I had bought one and didn't receive what I was expecting for all that money, I would be very, very upset too. I appreciate hearing how pleased someone is when they receive a beautiful doll, but on the other hand, I want to hear about the ones that are not up to quality. I hope these ladies will be able to either get their dolls repaired or get a new one worthy of all that expense. I would like to thank your for sharing your thoughts with us. :hug: :heart: :foryou:

HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

dana wrote:I am sure this post will cause drama but you are asking a very valid question and I know first hand about Andreas customer service or should I say Linda because most of the time Linda answers for Andrea..Andrea doesn't take the time to deal with the folks after the sale..... I did not buy an Elliot Lucas from her but a very good and trusted friend did.. My friend was in TEARS when she received the doll.... my friend sent the doll back..andrea sent her a new one but it was worse...the mold was all stretched so the head looked like it was coming off the body.. I took it to DEDS so a good number of you ladies saw the doll so you know I am being 100 % honest... I felt the doll was not up to par so i wanted expert opinion and DEDS had plenty of experts... DeniseO looked over the doll thoroughly and her conclusion was a mother mold wasnt used so the mold stretched.... but that wasnt the only problem ...the doll was a sloppy mess....Please dont get mad at me for this because it is not just my opinion it was the opinion of everyone at the show that saw her except for one sweet lady that had come with her daughter.. She thought he was still adorable.. Her daughter had an Elliot L. but it was poured by Claire Taylor...not Andrea so her doll was amazing good... after about the fourth or fifth doll Andrea decided try pouring her on silicone instead of leaving it to the professional Claire Taylor.....So she used one of the silicones poured by Claire to make her ( Andreas) molds In MY opinion this is why you see sooooooo many Elliot Lucas dolls for sale .... We expect to get the doll in Andreas prototype picture and that was a doll poured by Claire and not her... with all that being said ...last year I bought a Nadia Arcello with hopes of repainting it .. Andrea CLAIMED it was platinum but it wasnt.... It was TIN so I couldnt paint it because I only have platinum paints so I contacted Andrea.......BUT she redirected me to Michelle Fagan because she claimed was the one who poured it and she was told it was platinum..... I notified Michelle but no response from her....
I told myself I would not be in the middle of one of these toxic post anymore and I was SO proud of myself when I didn't respond to the last two I followed because I certainly had strong feelings about the posts but I have been sitting on the feeling towards Andrea & Elliot Lucas because I didnt want to start anything because so many people love andrea and I didnt want them pissed at me and thinking I was just a trouble maker but then the other side of me thinks I am a Hypocrite for knowing how bad the dolls are and not speaking up... I hate to see you ladies buying this doll and getting disappointed because from the looks of how many folks sold him there was a lot of disappointment..... I know a few of you were super happy but I am willing to bet the REALLY happy folks bought the dolls poured by Claire.... I will admit that I feel Andrea is a good sculptor but I don't think it was fair that she chose to learn to mold and pour her own silicone on Elliot Lucas after she had Claire start and she used the pictures of Claire's doll .. I think $3200 or $3400 is WAY to much money to learn on... You should be very experienced in the process before charging such big bucks....really You should be experienced in the process before charging any money ...Integrity is so important.... I will probably regret this post .......because the backlash gives me a stomach ache .... I am going to hold my breathe and push submit........
I understand exactly how you felt when you pushed the submit button....but we have got to STOP sitting on our hands when we know a product or an Artist is not doing the right thing! Because then other's become victims to a repeated mess and are out a lot of money! I admire you for coming forward....
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra wrote:HI, I am just making an observation and it has nothing to do with Andrea or whomever your purchased the doll from. As an Artist usually warranties only go as far as the first client. There is no way to know what a doll goes through once it leaves the studio. Again this is not reflecting on who you purchased from or Andrea just stating what is the normal.
I don't necessarily agree with this. I just did a trade with another member on here. The silicone baby I am getting from her has a rub on his cheek. She is not the original owner of this doll. I emailed the artist that painted her originally asking if she would fix the rub on the face for me. I expected to pay her for this service. Instead she told me she would be happy to fix him at no cost as she "stands by her work". All I have to do is pay shipping. Now this is what I consider great customer service and a person I would not hesitate to buy from. I also recall an issue with one of Laura Tuzio's babies a while back. The person that had the issue was not the original owner of the doll. Yet Laura agreed to fix the problem for this person. So I think it depends on the artist.
Hugs,
Nadia

Rhonda W

Post by Rhonda W »

I have a Elliott and my doll is just gorgeous he doesn't have anymore silicone flaws then any of the other full silicone dolls I have by other artist. His sculpting is amazing and mine is painted beautifully, he is the most realistic doll I have. I think the reason so many resell theirs is for the money he resells well and he is a big baby too heavy for some. I personally like his size as he wears clothes really well he's a nice chunky baby and very realistic, he feels good to hold the way he tucks his legs up.

Andrea stands behind her dolls for as long a you own it. I think being a second owner voids any warranty there might be. I've had problems with other full silicone's they are fragile, they are heavy so things happen. Most of the time they can be repaired so you don't even know there was a issue.

I hope you get your baby fixed and you will be happy with him when he's done. There are many who will do a beautiful job fixing him for you. Keep trying I'm sure you will get a response eventually.
Have a GREAT day!!!!! :hi:
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

dana wrote:I am sure this post will cause drama but you are asking a very valid question and I know first hand about Andreas customer service or should I say Linda because most of the time Linda answers for Andrea..Andrea doesn't take the time to deal with the folks after the sale..... I did not buy an Elliot Lucas from her but a very good and trusted friend did.. My friend was in TEARS when she received the doll.... my friend sent the doll back..andrea sent her a new one but it was worse...the mold was all stretched so the head looked like it was coming off the body.. I took it to DEDS so a good number of you ladies saw the doll so you know I am being 100 % honest... I felt the doll was not up to par so i wanted expert opinion and DEDS had plenty of experts... DeniseO looked over the doll thoroughly and her conclusion was a mother mold wasnt used so the mold stretched.... but that wasnt the only problem ...the doll was a sloppy mess....Please dont get mad at me for this because it is not just my opinion it was the opinion of everyone at the show that saw her except for one sweet lady that had come with her daughter.. She thought he was still adorable.. Her daughter had an Elliot L. but it was poured by Claire Taylor...not Andrea so her doll was amazing good... after about the fourth or fifth doll Andrea decided try pouring her on silicone instead of leaving it to the professional Claire Taylor.....So she used one of the silicones poured by Claire to make her ( Andreas) molds In MY opinion this is why you see sooooooo many Elliot Lucas dolls for sale .... We expect to get the doll in Andreas prototype picture and that was a doll poured by Claire and not her... with all that being said ...last year I bought a Nadia Arcello with hopes of repainting it .. Andrea CLAIMED it was platinum but it wasnt.... It was TIN so I couldnt paint it because I only have platinum paints so I contacted Andrea.......BUT she redirected me to Michelle Fagan because she claimed was the one who poured it and she was told it was platinum..... I notified Michelle but no response from her....

I am one of the very few that is very happy with Elliott Lucas ! He is the most realistic silicone baby I have ever owned, he truly is an an Amazing sculpt.

My Humphrey Elliott Lucas is # 2 in the edition and I did find out much later that Claire Taylor actually had poured him. Needless to say I am thrilled to have a baby poured by Claire Taylor.

I am sorry this was not the case for all the other Elliott Lucas Mommies !
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I am one of the very few that is very happy with Elliott Lucas ! He is the most realistic silicone baby I have ever owned, he truly is an an Amazing sculpt.

My Humphrey Elliott Lucas is # 2 in the edition and I did find out much later that Claire Taylor actually had poured him. Needless to say I am thrilled to have a baby poured by Claire Taylor.

I am sorry this was not the case for all the other Elliott Lucas Mommies ![/quote]

Jasmin,
I have always loved your Elliott much more then some others I have seen. I guess this explains why. How lucky that you got one poured by Claire.
Hugs,
Nadia

jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

I know how you feel, I saw that doll at the show, as well as one poured by Claire, and IMO they were night and day.
I did not like the one you had at all, he was lumpy, rough, and his head looked seriously misshapen. Yes, it is a cute sculpt, but that is as far as it went for me.
I have to say I am very thankful seeing all those dolls in person, because it will save me a lot of heartache, not to mention losing money on a doll that isn't as nice in person.

It is really sad when we can't voice our opinions because others are happy with their dolls. That is fine, but not everyone is happy, and when they aren't it isn't right that they get blasted, or bullied into silence.

What one likes (or what standard they find acceptable) another won't. I think it is ok for people to love a doll another person hates. I think there is room for ALL opinions. We should be adult enough to weigh the good, and the bad, and judge for ourselves. If we don't put the information out there and we are only allowed to sing praises, we don't have an accurate picture.
It is like when I read reviews, I read a good mix of positive, negative, and in between before making my mind up.
Monique_B

Post by Monique_B »

I don't have an Andrea Arcello silicone, however I know someone (and have seen the baby in person) that has a summer. It was one of the last few made and this friend fought tooth and nail to get any kind of a response from Andrea or her assistant. Once the baby came she was in love but it was short lived. Her baby literally started to fall apart. Paint was coming off, hair was falling out and her neck was disintegrating. She knows she won't be able to sell her and has been told by several people she's not paintable due to the type of silicone? But now all she can do is look at her Summer because moving her in any way causes more damage. This was a baby she waited a very long time for and within a month the doll was practically garbage.
Dreambabies52

Post by Dreambabies52 »

Thank you ladies for your comments .Im having some regret about posting ,I don't want to be known as a trouble maker. I didnt know who to turn to for help ,other than the artist .I have no intentions of ever selling Elliot ,he's too precious to me.
I will be more than happy to delete my post - if that's at all possible. Please advise me I'm new to DF .
Thanks Denise .
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

You don't need to delete your post. You need to leave it here. You haven't harmed anyone. It's important for everyone who buys from artists, to make an informed decision...good and bad.
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
LadyPJ7

Post by LadyPJ7 »

I TOTALLY AGREE!! I bought a doll from a member here on DF, me being the 3rd Mommie. The tummy plate was rip where the ties goes and other few problems, she told to call Claire Taylor about the tummy plate to have it repaired or exchange. I was emailed from Claire most likely her staff, and I was told if you're NOT the Original owner, we are not held responsible, which I totally understood, and got the email for the proof, so you were lucky.
NadiaK wrote:
I don't necessarily agree with this. I just did a trade with another member on here. The silicone baby I am getting from her has a rub on his cheek. She is not the original owner of this doll. I emailed the artist that painted her originally asking if she would fix the rub on the face for me. I expected to pay her for this service. Instead she told me she would be happy to fix him at no cost as she "stands by her work". All I have to do is pay shipping. Now this is what I consider great customer service and a person I would not hesitate to buy from. I also recall an issue with one of Laura Tuzio's babies a while back. The person that had the issue was not the original owner of the doll. Yet Laura agreed to fix the problem for this person. So I think it depends on the artist.