SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
MonicaW

Re: SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

Post by MonicaW »

Go to my Facebook page Monica Walsh in Harriman New York. You then click on the link to Bonnie Brown's post that originally started 2 years ago. That is al of of information about silicone on that post from many different sources. It's a read but we'll worth it. If you read all the way down you will see that it is now being talked about again. Great source of information without any fighting just facts. Which is what we need right now.

Here's the link just scroll and click on the top part that says Bonnie Brown. This happened to her Summer. She also sculpted Levi and Saska
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

MonicaW wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:24 pm Go to my Facebook page Monica Walsh in Harriman New York. You then click on the link to Bonnie Brown's post that originally started 2 years ago. That is al of of information about silicone on that post from many different sources. It's a read but we'll worth it. If you read all the way down you will see that it is now being talked about again. Great source of information without any fighting just facts. Which is what we need right now.

Here's the link just scroll and click on the top part that says Bonnie Brown.
I read what Bonnie was saying, but we still do not know if TIN was used, it is just everyone's supposition because of this and that. I just want to know the truth not what we are all assuming. Silence is not golden in this instance. Doll collecting is such a personal hobby so it hurts that we lose trust, I hate it and I am so sorry for everyone who has been hurt by this.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

Tin was used, I had some sent to me for repair and my Platinum silicone would not cure. Also if Additives or Slacker is added to the Platinum it will cause the silicone to breakdown faster. It is always best to follow the manufaturers directions!!!!! I tried slacker once and did not like the oily residue that showed up after a few months!! Never used it again on the advice from my smooth on rep!
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

Also on a side note-------- I have only ever had one gallon of bad silicone in 20 years!!! Smooth-ON is the best
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
Steve
Site Admin

Post by Steve »

6 or 7 threads about Andrea was enough....I can respect collectors concerns and not making light of it but if it is so serious try to keep it concentrated. I've merged the multiple threads into one per request from multiple users who feel the same.
Loves of My Life
Van & Hudson
Benjamin & Margaret
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Melissas Babies wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:51 pm Tin was used, I had some sent to me for repair and my Platinum silicone would not cure. Also if Additives or Slacker is added to the Platinum it will cause the silicone to breakdown faster. It is always best to follow the manufaturers directions!!!!! I tried slacker once and did not like the oily residue that showed up after a few months!! Never used it again on the advice from my smooth on rep!
Melissa, I will ask this again of anyone who is saying that TIN was used. Do you know that TIN was used for a fact, did you see what was used, were you told by the pourers what was used or are you assuming? That is what I want to know, all everyone keeps saying is that Tin was used because of this and that but how can anyone say for sure if they were not there or were not told by the artist or pourers personally, not second or third hand information. None of us know for sure do we? All I have ever read is what people are ASSUMING not fact. That is what bugs the heck out of me. I don't know what was used, I will not speculate just because this is what I think. Nope, I want to KNOW THE FACTS.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

My original post is gone on this topic and it is replaced with Denises post. Strange.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Thank you Steve for explaining. Will keep everything under this one post.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

My post starts on page 22 for anyone who wants the information.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Does anyone have Andrea Arcello's address?
Michigan is not far from me. I want to take this to small claims court. This is tin not platinum as advertised. I have spoken to many people. I will have it tested myself to prove that it is tin and that it was advertised and sold as platinum . Because It is tin is why it is crumbling. I still have all the documents from when we made the transaction. That's a daughter of a lawyer for you. It will take time for a date in small claims court so while I am having it tested I want to have her served with papers from small claims court. I have relatives on my husband's side that live in Michigan. Her address is not a secret but she will not respond to me. This is America. I am entitled to take this to court and let the judge decide. Just like you would do with any other business in this situation. You can PM her address if you don't feel comfortable posting it here. Thank you
Michelle F

Post by Michelle F »

This has been a nightmare for me....I really resent the fact that I am being told I poured Andrea Arcellos silicone using an inferior product. I poured EVERYONES silicone that I poured in the same silicone. I did not get a bucket from America and then a special cheap bucket of crap silicone from China for Andrea's dolls...that is ridiculous. I do not know what was done to the dolls once they left me...how they are painted, what gets injected into them or put on them or even what type of experiments or different methods people are trying to invent.....But I do know that although we have all experience a split crease or something similar from time to time not one other artist is having difficulties. Summer is VERY heavy and I remember telling Andrea that at the time...she could have a split or crack due to her sheer weight....

TIN was NOT used
PlATINUM WAS used
SLACKER was not added - I have never used that
ADDITIVES were not added - I have never used that
thank you all for your expert opinions who were not present during my ordering and pouring :banghead:

Those who choose not to believe carry on bashing and downing someone......I know many thrive on sheer drama daily :?

So I am sick of being attacked and acting like I did something wrong. I am a single woman who is back in the doll world with feelings and common sense. If any single one of you think I would pour Andreas dolls from an inferior silicone from some special order from China then please check yourselves. If she is making you believe that then please rethink it - it makes NO sense at all. I would never do that. I know how to pour silicone...its not that hard......I know how to order silicone - again not that hard.....I have NEVER ordered silicone from china or added any thing to the silicone to make it stretch farther....that is a lie.
Also as I just read from fellow df member Carol....I did not not help Andrea.....I know what I did and I charged very LITTLE to pour these dolls - NOTHING Like what the pourers charge today...some for the price of the silicone AND a bit for my time for pouring the baby and then shipping each doll to the artist.......

So again I have poured for several artists who are not experiencing problems and Andrea is....I will never pour for anyone else again......
Last edited by Michelle F on Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

Good morning everyone. I first and foremost want to send an apology to Michelle Fagan as she thought that I was trying to accuse her of using cheap silicone out of China in an attempt to mess with Andrea's dolls. That is something that I just wouldn't do. I was just trying to explain what I had found out and wanted to just confirm what type of silicone was used to pour Andrea's babies because her babies seem to be the only ones affected at the moment that I know of -- of course, there could be other babies by other artists -- it is a huge project to try to figure all of this out. It was brought to my attention that possibly artists could be buying the platinum silicone out of China because they could get more silicone for the dollar as it was less expensive -- they could be buying it thinking it was the same composition as the platinum silicone from Smooth-on.

I heard back from Michelle this morning and she has confirmed that she buys her platinum silicone from Reynolds Advanced Material in Charlotte......and the brand is Smooth-on. She made her first doll -- IVY -- out of tin as that was what was recommended to her at the time by the company -- she still has that doll today and it was packed away 3 years ago and was in excellent condition at the time.

So now back to square one as to what is happening to the silicone! I only wish I knew. If I find out more, I will post and I will try really hard not to sound accusatory.

Again, my sincere apologies to Michelle Fagan -- I wouldn't accuse without being 100% positive. It was just a suggestion or thought that I was trying to get an explanation for. At least it worked, as she responded. Thank you again, Michelle.

Blessings to all who are involved in this. I truly hope there is a positive outcome for everyone.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

:headspin:
Last edited by MonicaW on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle F

Post by Michelle F »

Its' fine Susan.......everyone loves drama so I am sure my response will only set up more fires....I just don't understand the thinking of anyone that I would order inferior product for one artists dolls......that really makes me sound like a horrible person.
My dolls are all poured with smooth-on and due to my divorce I don't have any records from the past but I would be happy to show someone wishing to purchase a all of my receipts showing my purchases here in America .......in fact I would be willing to get a statement from smooth on saying I have NEVER EVER EVER purchased tin silicone or any sort of additive for the silicone........
(and yes again, my first doll Ivy was done in tin silicone at the advice of the silicone company - I switched after that
I can pour both and believe it or not tin and silicone cost approximately the same so I didn't pour the first one to be cheap I did it at the advice of the silicone company to start with that)

I just want to make my babies and live a happy life........

All this talk behind the scenes and bashing people is so unfair

and I hope Andrea will help you...I can't imagine an artist not helping in some way doing the best that they would do......

I feel that is always what I have done...I am easy to work with UNLESS you are a pain in the butt in which case I don't mess with you...there are a few people who no matter what you do you cannot win and those I just give up on....but that is not my normal approach....I prefer everyone to be happy - its an expensive hobby and I love what I do......and would like to be able to make a living at it.....
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I don't like drama and I don't like

My dolls head ripping off at the neck of my

Summer that I bought directly from Andrea
Arcello.
She directed me towards you Michelle to get help.

" At this point, Andrea is not in the position to refund customers for Michelle Fagan's pours, and we have in fact heard she is still pouring babies. Perhaps if you contact her, she may offer some type of credit or discount. "
Last edited by MonicaW on Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Michelle F

Post by Michelle F »

and Monica, I would have been happy to help Andrea and work with her any way I could - but I know I did the right thing AND
I also received VERY VERY little compensation for my work - most of which went to silicone.......back then I didn't charge ANYTHING close to what they charge today to pour....so I had very little funds to help her with....I also constantly mentioned to Andrea that her dolls were large especially summer...that might have an effect on the creases......I hope that makes sense too.....

she is doing something to her dolls - experimenting and its not working......
I believe ANdrea is a good person and I am not bashing her because I am not like that
BUT
I am getting hate mail all the time and my doll sales have slowed.....I am single now and I need to stay in this field to make a living......So I am very frustrated by the need to ruin someone. I am normally kind and try to make things work..but we all know that is not always possible.......
anyways
thank you to those who have listened and again......I probably made $150 from the pouring of Andrea's dolls after materials .......that is NOTHING for the amount of time .....however, that doesn't mean I took a short cut - I didn't want to pour for her in the first place because I had heard she was difficult to deal with but I felt sorry she had no one to pour her adorable dolls so I did it anyways....if I could turn back time I would do a few things differently in my life and that is one of them!
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Michelle, I am glad you came on this thread to clear things up. After reading the last few posts I am still confused. Are you saying that Summer was not poured in tin but was poured in platinum silicone? Several people claim to have tested the silicone and swear it is tin. This whole thing is very hard for the average person that has no experience with this type of medium to understand. And Monica I am sorry to hear that Andrea has blocked you from emailing her. So much for her claim that she stands behind her work. :banghead:
Hugs,
Nadia

Michelle F

Post by Michelle F »

and just FYI I don't get to come here alot and read so I miss things so feel free to email me
michellesbabies2000@gmail.com
anytime.....
I didn't know about this post until Susan wrote me.
I have nothing to hide and would request to be treated fairly.
My silicone has not broken down although I will admit I have had to fix a few creases in the harder silicone.
I try to work with collectors unless I feel what they are asking is unreasonable and yes that has happened before.
This new soft silicone is awesome and I have had no issues that I can think of.....I love it!
Please don't let the view of one artist having difficulties with her dolls whether I poured them or not affect the way you feel about my dolls.
I need support from my fellow artists and collectors.
I have had a rough few years and it sucks to feel like everyone is hating on you.

Thank you.
Michelle F

Post by Michelle F »

Nadia, yes I ordered large 5 gallon buckets of platinum silicone whether it was the harder silicone or the softer silicone from Reynolds Advanced Materials....I still do today only because of my limited space and pouring for only ME I order gallon containers.......you can pour a few dolls from each 5 gal bucket and that is why I am 100% sure that I would pour multiple artists from each bucket. I never had a curing problem EVER......in fact I sent one of Andrea's very large doll head pieces that split (by her request) to the silicone manufacturer and they stated that it cured fine (which was obvious) and that the pouring was not the issue - they asked me what had been done to it.....andrea stated she just painted it....so the issue is at a standstilll.....no one did anything wrong however, Andrea made a lot of money on the doll where I merely made $150 if that to work for hours and pour and get dirty and clean up and ship the doll....so imo any problems she has should be taken care of in house...what am I going to do for her? I only used one type of silicone and poured dolls from the same bucket... I dont' know what she did. I know alot of people like to experiment and say they came up with this new method or whatever.....not everything works.....
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Michelle F wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:10 am Nadia, yes I ordered large 5 gallon buckets of platinum silicone whether it was the harder silicone or the softer silicone from Reynolds Advanced Materials....I still do today only because of my limited space and pouring for only ME I order gallon containers.......you can pour a few dolls from each 5 gal bucket and that is why I am 100% sure that I would pour multiple artists from each bucket. I never had a curing problem EVER......in fact I sent one of Andrea's very large doll head pieces that split (by her request) to the silicone manufacturer and they stated that it cured fine (which was obvious) and that the pouring was not the issue - they asked me what had been done to it.....andrea stated she just painted it....so the issue is at a standstilll.....no one did anything wrong however, Andrea made a lot of money on the doll where I merely made $150 if that to work for hours and pour and get dirty and clean up and ship the doll....so imo any problems she has should be taken care of in house...what am I going to do for her? I only used one type of silicone and poured dolls from the same bucket... I dont' know what she did. I know alot of people like to experiment and say they came up with this new method or whatever.....not everything works.....
Hi Michelle! :D

I just want to personally say thank you for coming forward and speaking up about all of this. I really appreciate it! I am one of the many who lost my investment on the Summer doll, and was blatantly ignored by Andrea when I asked for help, and with all the information that keeps being put out there makes things very confusing as a collector as I know nothing about pouring silicone.......all I know is what artists I have purchased from that have had no issues and now am afraid to buy from only them because of this whole debacle with Andrea, but I am glad that you spoke up about this, so I thank you for doing so! :D
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~