SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Marina Blue

Re: SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

Post by Marina Blue »

Michelle F wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:25 pm Well Marina, being the pourer and knowing I did nothing different from any of the other dolls I poured I am asking what experiment Andrea did to them to paint or seal or whatnot.....
And I disagree...if the sculptor sculpts a large head with a tiny neck ring it is quite clear that the heaviness of the head could easily make a tear......same goes for the limbs..... it was not my job to make the ring larger or reinforce it in any way. II told anyone I poured for that I did not make any alterations to their sculpt - it was their work and needed to be reproduced as such ....I also did not hollow out any heads....that was done completely by the artist..I also offered no armatures in any of my pours....I was a basic pouring artist helping a few artists....no other babies had problems so one of two things happened
either something is wrong on ANdrea's end
or
I purposely ordered inferior silicone from china to screw a fellow artist over......I don't play that way

so please check what you are saying as you clearly know nothing about pouring or sculpting.
I personally feel sorry for ME having to come here constantly and defend myself
If i could turn back time I would have been selfish and poured for ONLY ME
Well I know something about sculpting and pouring and hence my comments. It just looks like you tried to save on pours wherever possible so chinese silicone probably is the answer for crumbling. I will try to put some silicone paint on my Nadia and Summer and see if it will hold or not so I will know for sure if it is tin or platinum silicone. But I am almost sure KrisC is right.
Hugs,
Marina

Post by MonicaW »

Andrea Arcello is such a liar! My Summers head ripped off the neck and she did nothing to help me not one dime returned. I have heard many stories of many of her dolls having problems including Maggie. How many dolls can she blame on Michelle. She doesnt pour for her anymore and their have been problems with every doll since then.This post on her page is such a lie. She has hurt so many people. Doll artists like her take the joy out of doll collecting
Last edited by MonicaW on Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
violet

Post by violet »

Come on, we all have known Michelle for years and YES she has a good reputation ( and well deserved!) Michelle would NEVER deliberately screw anyone over with a faulty doll for money and you know it! She said it was platinum, then it is.
Maybe the problem is the silicone itself from Smooth On being defective ( defective product does happen). As far as the head- I agree with Michelle that Solid silicone is heavy and without support I would think that could be a problem with the head ripping off..
:grouphug:
Sandras Dreams

Post by Sandras Dreams »

We have to be careful not to overstate. I have dolls of Andrea's that have no problems. I have a doll from the most reputable silicone doll artist out there that is peeling.....the common thread here, is that silicone does this. Sometimes it is no one's fault....it happens. We must be 100% sure of what we say. Blanket statements don't hold up.
MonicaW wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:44 pm Andrea Arcello is such a liar! My Summers head ripped off the neck and she did nothing to help me not one dime returned. I have heard many stories of many of her dolls having problems including Maggie. How many dolls can she blame on Michelle. She doesnt pour for her anymore and their have been problems with every doll since then.This post on her page is such a lie. She has hurt so many people. Doll artists like her take the joy out of doll collecting
Sandras Dreams

Post by Sandras Dreams »

Remember that the platinum silicone used now is different than even a few years ago. Artists are using much softer silicone than they used to. It has much more "give" to it, more elasticity. The older, harder silicone simply tended to tear or rip more easily.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

The point is she says she stands behinds her dolls. She doesnt! She did nothing for me. The response was I am sorry you are dissatisfied with your doll. This has happened to many people. I have done my research. Andrea does not stand behind her dolls and that is a fact. If your doll breaks you will see. And her new dolls are still having problems.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I am done with this topic. after all the people I have spoken to I know that Andrea is not an artist who stands behind her dolls to say the least. Unfortunately many more people will be hurt before people truly get it. As far as Michelle Fagan and the pouring I have no idea . I am not an expert. But I have learned that I shouldn't expect alot of these doll artists silicones to last long. Except from the artists who say the will last over 20 years. I am not paying thousands of dollars for a doll that won't last. Dolls are getting more are more expensive with these full silicones. I use to look at them as works of art. Not anymore. Since they can fall apart so easily. I will only buy from artist who will stand behind their dolls for a lifetime when it comes to silicone otherwise I will enjoy reborns. They are not as expensive. I can play with them and enjoy them and not have to worry anymore. And the dolls will be pleasure and I can spend my extra money elsewhere. I am not coming back on to read anymore comments. I think enough has been said on this topic. That' s all folks.
hookedoncrochet

Post by hookedoncrochet »

I would SUE THEM for the money, it frightens them to death to get a summons and they settle out of court. I have done this three times in the last 20 years and had a successful outcome each time. Do not be afraid to do this, I also added the cost of the court papers to the cost of the defective item, and received all back.
Michelle F

Post by Michelle F »

I agree with Monica, I am DONE with this topic.
If anyone has any questions for me please email me and I'll be happy to answer but I won't be back here. I have far more valuable things to do with my time than argue .....and haters are gonna hate no matter what you say. People like Marina Blue and others as well as fellow hateful artists will just say what they say because they have nothing better to do and thrive on adversity and drama and the need to bring people down. Anyone who believes I personally would order low quality silicone from China to screw Andrea over is a complete idiot. My argument is and always has been I know how to pour silicone and my silicone was from smooth-on and poured correctly so I know I did my job. I question yet again why none of the other dolls i poured for other artists have problems (for the most part - we all know a problem will arise here or there)

I am going to continue to make and sell my dolls to wonderful collectors all over the world. I am going to stay in my bubble and enjoy life and family and what I do....
Haters and drama loving artists and collectors - continue on and enjoy what you do

People who love dolls - buy from someone who takes care of you - listens to you when you talk - is available and can deal with you directly - and someone who you feel comfortable with that will help you out if something is wrong. I think Andrea offering a 2 yr guarantee on her silicone is fabulous! Especially when artists are experimenting and coming up with all sorts of different mixtures - their own special formulas...who knows what that is.

Everyone else who likes my dolls - you know where to find me!

I'm out!
:roll:
Marina Blue

Post by Marina Blue »

I am not a hater and not a drama queen or looking for scandals. I am a doll artist and a collector myself. I love Andrea's job and I have 2 of her dolls produced by YOU Michelle! And they are of LOWER quality than my other dolls of the same silicone age. I am not accusing you in anything - the silicone you used might be not from China ...BUT it LEAKS and CRUMBLES and it manufactured BADLY and as an artist and a collector I have the right to speak out. And no use to bash Andrea for making bad dolls as people might not realise that end product should be a result of team work. You did a bad job from your side. And calling your customers "idiots" of course make your reputation better. This just shows what kind of person you are. Myself as a collector will definitely stay away from babies produced by you in the future and hope others will keep their eyes open as well. Your behaviour and attitude is not professional. Wish you a good life and remember of Karma.
Hugs,
Marina

Post by Sandras Dreams »

keep calm and collect dolls.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michelle F

Post by Michelle F »

Lord help me I cannot stay away.
I have in no way bashed anyone
I have called people out who bash

My collectors are in no way IDIOTS marina.......the people here accusing me of trying to screw someone over - they are idiots....I am sorry you fall into that category..I guess I will be back to constantly defend myself until Steve shuts this stupidity down. I could start a post right now and say how poor your dolls are Marina...my opinion and I guess its ok to write that.....I know nothing about them but its my opinion so I guess I hvae the right to put it out there in cyberspace to try to hurt your business......I would never sell a doll to you Marina Blue so thank god you wouldn't buy one. I do hope Karma comes fast.......to anyone who tried to ruin others without knowing the real TRUTH.

I cannot believe you called me unprofessional MARINA BLUE
because I am force to come here time and time again and I stick up for myself

ANDREA has produced a signature line of silicone - does anyone ask how or what that is made of....what kind of experiements are some artists performing on the dolls and selling before they are ready to be sold? Before we know the outcomes.....

Michelle F

Post by Michelle F »

if this continues I will have to see what legally I can do
It is VERY unfair that I am being constantly called into question by people who know nothing but speculate
Please keep your accusations to yourself
This can be seen publicly and hurts others businesses

and if you bash me I am going to have to take care of it however I can from this moment on.....this is out of control and ridiculous

I am speaking mostly to Marina Blue who has the nerve to slander me

I am fed up
Can you all not tell this is crazy
Michelle F

Post by Michelle F »

If anyone can say anything about anyone - artist collector etc without HARD COLD PROOF it is unfair and slanderous and trying to hurt that persons business.......I personally am not going to let that go on any longer I dont' care if anyone thinks it is unprofessional or not...
my business has already taken a hit from collectors on dollfan so I have literally nothing to lost to turn the tables and treat you all like youa re treating me......
Have a nice day
Marina Blue

Post by Marina Blue »

Michelle F wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:28 am if this continues I will have to see what legally I can do
It is VERY unfair that I am being constantly called into question by people who know nothing but speculate
Please keep your accusations to yourself
This can be seen publicly and hurts others businesses

and if you bash me I am going to have to take care of it however I can from this moment on.....this is out of control and ridiculous

I am speaking mostly to Marina Blue who has the nerve to slander me

I am fed up
Can you all not tell this is crazy
I have nothing more to say Michelle.
Hugs,
Marina
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Michelle you have my respect for at least coming on here and trying to tell your side of the story. It amazes me that Andrea never comes on to explain her side of the situation when these issues have been brought forth by collectors. Yet Andrea has the nerve to go on Facebook and make the post below which is absolutely not the truth. And even more upsetting is how people that know from this thread that Andrea did not do right by Monica, are on Facebook kissing Andrea's butt and telling her how wonderful she is. I hope you never find yourself in Monica's situation with the dolls you have from Andrea. Very disheartening to see !!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hugs,
Nadia

Carolr

Post by Carolr »

Nadia, just the way that Monica has the right to come on here and vent her frustrations with Andrea, I have the right to support and love Andrea’s babies because mine have been perfect and I’m expecting a new one.

I wonder if I came on here and listed all the problems I have had with popular artist, would everyone have stopped buying from
Them and bashing them? I choose to handle my doll problems differently. I don’t drag an artist through mud and Handle it privately. And yes, there have been several instances where my issues were not resolved or addressed and I had to deal with it.

I have never had a problem with Andrea. I have bought from her many times. My babies are perfect and I choose to support her or as you say “kiss her butt” because personally I have never had a problem.

If we are going to stop buying dolls when artist have a problem, we wouldn’t buy at all because no silicone is perfect.
:idea: Hugs, Carol
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

My Summer is still in one piece just like she was the day she came home !

I am sorry to hear that some Summer's have fallen apart even with proper care.

I don't understand why some of these dolls in this edition are breaking, it makes no sense.

Of course I don't play or dress my dolls very much, don't bathe them either. To me these dolls are a piece of Art to be treasured and treated that way, like you would with Art you just display it and not play with it.

I also have my dolls in a very cold room all year long, I don't heat my room in the winter and in the summer the air conditioner is set on 66 !

Oh and I see someone mentioned " Hellomelissasue's " Emerie Mei's hole in her arm, that is most certainly Melissa's own fault, I watched the video where she had a hard time getting off this to tight baby bathing suit top and then she noticed the hole, I can only imagine how she had to pull and stretch out the silicone to even put that tiny outfit on. Also she has had Emerie Mei for years with constant dressing, bathing, taking it out and treating it like a play doll. Andrea can not be blamed for Melissa's own mishandling of a fragile piece of Art that is not supposed to be played with like you would with a cheap plastic play doll.
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Jasmin wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 am My Summer is still in one piece just like she was the day she came home !

I am sorry to hear that some Summer's have fallen apart even with proper care.

I don't understand why some of these dolls in this edition are breaking, it makes no sense.

Of course I don't play or dress my dolls very much, don't bathe them either. To me these dolls are a piece of Art to be treasured and treated that way, like you would with Art you just display it and not play with it.

I also have my dolls in a very cold room all year long, I don't heat my room in the winter and in the summer the air conditioner is set on 66 !

Oh and I see someone mentioned " Hellomelissasue's " Emerie Mei's hole in her arm, that is most certainly Melissa's own fault, I watched the video where she had a hard time getting off this to tight baby bathing suit top and then she noticed the hole, I can only imagine how she had to pull and stretch out the silicone to even put that tiny outfit on. Also she has had Emerie Mei for years with constant dressing, bathing, taking it out and treating it like a play doll. Andrea can not be blamed for Melissa's own mishandling of a fragile piece of Art that is not supposed to be played with like you would with a cheap plastic play doll.
Let me preface this by saying that I respect everyone's opinions on this topic!

But I'm sorry Jasmin, I have to respectfully disagree with you on the hole in Melissa's doll's arm. It's clearly a hole not a tear, that just doesn't hold up that because she had trouble getting clothing off of the doll that a hole would magically appear!

Apples and oranges in this situation and the hole was probably an air bubble that over time with handling pulled open.......I don't think that even has anything to do with this particular situation with the Summer edition, and that is something that can happen with any silicone doll.

The fact that your Summer is okay and one that I had way back when that edition came out went bad almost immediately says to me that you just got lucky that this hasn't happened to your doll......I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that you don't "play" with the doll as Monica has stated that her doll was stored in a closet and only dressed very occasionally........if the silicone is going bad for whatever reason, handling or no handling will not matter at all.....it would just be a matter of time.

And for the record, I didn't "play" with my Summer either and she started to fall apart almost immediately........and her paint was peeling when I got her as well. I'm glad that you have had nice dolls by Andrea, but let's remember that you were one of the very lucky few collectors who got an Elliot Lucas produced by Claire, and I think she is one of the very best silicone pourers in the business, so keep that in mind! Many other Elliot Lucas's from that edition after Andrea started pouring the silicone herself were awful and she wasn't willing to compensate those collectors either, and not even telling her customers that she stopped using Claire to pour the dolls was in my opinion dishonest to say the least :? .

Unfortunately for a lot of us other collectors, we have not experienced a decent doll from Andrea and that is very upsetting!

The collectors out there that have only had great experiences with Andrea should at least empathize with us who haven't, if for nothing other than it was a huge financial loss and to some an emotional loss as well because of the connection they may have had with that particular doll that literally crumbled before their very eyes. I have long since written off my loss for this doll but it still doesn't make it right that nothing was done for a lot of Summer mommies out there, me included. That's all I am saying.

I think every collector has the right to state their experience and feelings on this topic, but it involved not just Michelle, but also Andrea and none of us knows what really happened with these dolls that went bad, so all of us stating this and stating that about it is purely speculation and I don't think we will ever know the truth in the end, and to expect restitution at this point is senseless, as clearly nobody is going to pony up anything more for the loss of these dolls.

To me it is a lesson learned and now I only buy from artist that stand behind their work. I recommend all collectors to do the same.
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~