SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Dreambabies52

Re: DOES ANYONE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANDREA ARCELLO ?

Post by Dreambabies52 »

Rhonda W - is there any particular artist you would recommend I contact for the silicone repairs ? It has to be done I know.I keep socks on him at all times to help keep it from getting any worse and to help me forget its there :(
tracey427

Post by tracey427 »

Please don't delete your post. The only way we learn is by learning from others..

You didn't say one bad word about Andrea.
Owner - Oma's Attic - Boutique Clothes At Oma's Prices
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

tracey427 wrote:Please don't delete your post. The only way we learn is by learning from others..

You didn't say one bad word about Andrea.
That is why I am in the mess I am in right now! because people do not want to get beat up on when they come forward and tell the truth about an Artist or a product or just simply ask a question!....I do not think we need to come on here and beat people up everyday! But dang! People need to be warned and given the heads up about a situation gone wrong! Look how many missed opportunities we( Me, Nadine and Pam) could have been given the heads up and warned , but instead $2000.00 later .....the 3 of us are having to fight for what we paid for!
Last edited by Jenny on Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SharonL

Post by SharonL »

I can highly recommend Pam's Blessings as someone who can repair silicone. I bought a Rowdy Roberson that had badly torn/repaired arms. Pam did a wonderful job on him.
SharonL
We now live in Virginia, about 20 miles south of Richmond.
Any dolly lovers, bear lovers, around?
Denise O

Post by Denise O »

I agree that the two babies were like night and day despite being the same sculpt. I can only say that I gave my opinion of what I thought the issues with the doll she had were. I can't be certain on the mold type used but it was my opinion that if a glove mold was used that there were either serious issues with the mother mold fit or one wasn't used at all. Now I will say the silicone was smooth and soft and the seam work was outstanding. The sculpt is gorgeous and I would love to own one, but I would only purchase one of the first 4 in the edition because Claire poured them and Claires silicone work is fantastic. There are many great artists out there that stand by their work. I know there has been a ton of bad experiences posted here lately. People need to remember these are limited edition artist pieces and should be treated as such. We stand by our silicone and will repour if the artist isn't happy for any reason. We also represent our artists and work if issues with the silicone are in question.
lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra

Post by lastingmemoriesnursery_Debra »

Denise dont delete your post you did nothing wrong. I hope I did not offend you with what I posted. I was just making a personal observation. Some Artists will stand by their work no matter how many mommies there have been but others nope nadda.
LadyPJ7

Post by LadyPJ7 »

DANA it's time out for all this Hush-Hush! It anyone don't go along with the Truth that's being said, Oh Well! Especially when you can totally explained the reason why certain process goes wrong. I Applause you for stepping up to the plate!! Maybe that will wake-up Sculptor to and figure out where she/he went wrong and correct the problem instead of turning a deaf ear and a blind eye, who wants to pay a high amount of money, or any and not be satisfied! You got to be kidding me!! That's like buying a new car, park it in the drive way, and the next day the transmission goes out, would you recommend that dealer to your Family/Friends to brave company with your grief?? That's why we called out on Brittany hating for any of you or anyone else to be shafted. Morally wrong is a Tort is knowing someone is hurt nd does nothing about it. We all seen Jenny's completion of what she wanted, now I want her to have the baby in her possession, which I'm praying for. After you have brought the attention to the Seller and the both of you try working towards a solution, then I can respect that Seller. No one is perfect, but working towards perfection is the Answer to please your Clients/Customers. Real Talk!! Thanks Dana!! And BIG THANKS TO DENISE!! No one is trying to start No Drama, wake-up!! If anyone down someone or even Me, take A Walk in Our Shoes!!
Dion

Post by Dion »

:( How sad and disappointing, Denise. I hope that you get a response from Linda or Andrea and your baby can be fixed very soon. That is a lot of money to spend on a defective baby. Lots of people bathe their silicones (not me), and they don't seem to have any problems at all. I am so sorry that this happened to you.

I love this sculpt and easily could have found myself in the same situation, as I didn't know that Claire had poured the first few babies and Andrea had poured the others. Jasmin's Elliot is beautiful and I would have thought that is what I was getting. It's really sad that some people got sub-standard babies, and for so much money.

I am so happy that you came forward, Dana. I know that it's very hard and things like this make me sick, too, but so many people are getting cheated lately in different ways. Thank you for standing up and telling what you know to be true. You have probably saved a lot of people a lot of heartache.

:foryou: Hugs, Dion
AnneXmedici

Post by AnneXmedici »

Thank you, Denise and thank you Dana, for the honesty. I have been thinking for some time now. No one wants to rock the boat.

I have one silicone, an older (and expensive)pour that basically is not waterproof. She is laying inside a blanket in my wardrobe. She was a trade baby and immaculate when I got her, and mostly still is. The reason why I know she can only be carefully dusted and no more is that I took a q-tip moistened with water and ran over her lids. She had some babypowder I wanted to carefully wipe off. Big was my surprise when I noticed the paint would come off. I have had many many silicones: including the ones I painted myself. And this is/ was a first for me. I suspect she may be a tin base baby but do not know for sure (she is the beautiful and chubby Clementine by Sandy Faber). She has been stored away as I cannot decide what to do with her. I would never sell her on because of the issue. Yes I could repaint her, but as I suspect she may be tinbased..... :trout: she is still in the wardrobe.

The fact that it has come to light that the Eliot Lucas edition was poured by other than the original pourer: Claire Taylor, should have been disclosed to the collectors/buyers. Claire has an outstanding reputation as one of THE best silicone pourers out there. To changed pourer in the middle of the edition, the customers of these expensive babies should have had a choice. The disclosure of the information may have an impact of the sellability of the later dolls.

There are dolls out there: like my little Clemmie, coming from artists who are fantastic sculptors and yet they sometimes are difficult to sell on the secondary market because of the type of silicone quality. so basically they become unsellable. This is very sad for those who may have paid up thousands of Dollars for their babies.

Again: thank you ladies. And also I think it is time that boat is rocked a little bit. Not all of us are in the position that we can view the babies on shows etc. so we completely rely on our collector friends for honesty and openess to issues. I hope this will be resolved and that Andrea will offer the repairs needed to these babies: no matter if it is first, second or third owner (speaking of the babies who were poured by her).
Last edited by AnneXmedici on Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

If an Artist chooses to change who pours the
baby that should have been disclosed..

Had this same situation with another artist but they
were honest in disclosing this change in pourer
and when I decided that was unacceptable for me..
She refunded my deposit.. That's how it should
Work as "it's a contract" after all..[/quote]

I totally agree with this. I always look to see who is pouring the silicone edition for a doll. It makes the difference as to whether or not I decide to order the particular silicone doll. If a change has to be made for whatever reason, the customer should be notified. Then it should be the customer's right to agree to the change or get a refund.
Hugs,
Nadia

DonnaB

Post by DonnaB »

I bought Elliott on the secondary market, and was shocked and upset when I saw the painting on him. I had a wonderful seller who worked with me. But I did not know that Andrea poured the rest of the edition. I have grown to love my Elliott. But it took awhile. I was scolded because I wanted him repainted, as you do not mess with artists work. So have left mine the way he is. If I had known this before I bought him, would not have made a purchase.
d
Rhonda W

Post by Rhonda W »

I think it's very sad to hear so many negatives about a beautiful sculpt, there is NO perfect silicone out there it doesn't exist. I feel that the only ones who should be talking negative about this artist work is one who owns the sculpt and has a real problem and a reason to. Many of the artist not just Andrea haven't yet mastered the art of painting the silicone perfect but they are all improving leaps and bounds, I like the way mine is painted others may not. I give props to Andrea for making a very difficult sculpt there isn't another baby out there as of yet with the realistic position the baby is in, this is very hard to achieve in a full sculpt baby. I would hate to see another really good sculptor quit because of the constant negativity. We all like something different in a baby.

I do agree all of the full sculpt babies are way over priced and the quality isn't worth the money on probably the majority of them. But as long as the ladies are willing to spend 3,000 - 20,000.00 the artist will continue demand such a high price none are worth it we get them because we love them.
Have a GREAT day!!!!! :hi:
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Rhonda W wrote:I think it's very sad to hear so many negatives about a beautiful sculpt, there is NO perfect silicone out there it doesn't exist. I feel that the only ones who should be talking negative about this artist work is one who owns the sculpt and has a real problem and a reason to. Many of the artist not just Andrea haven't yet mastered the art of painting the silicone perfect but they are all improving leaps and bounds, I like the way mine is painted others may not. I give props to Andrea for making a very difficult sculpt there isn't another baby out there as of yet with the realistic position the baby is in, this is very hard to achieve in a full sculpt baby. I would hate to see another really good sculptor quit because of the constant negativity. We all like something different in a baby.

I do agree all of the full sculpt babies are way over priced and the quality isn't worth the money on probably the majority of them. But as long as the ladies are willing to spend 3,000 - 20,000.00 the artist will continue demand such a high price none are worth it we get them because we love them.
How does an artist grow without critiques? I would think ANYONE in any type of field where they create something should expect to hear feedback, both good AND bad.
If a person quits because some don't like their work, that says a lot about who they are.
I don't understand this mentality that every opinion/comment has to ONLY be positive or keep your mouth shut. No, I don't own one of her sculpts, but I have seen quite a few in person.
I don't think that should disqualify me of my opinion. I like hearing ALL sides, and opinions. This is an expensive hobby! I want to know what people think. As it is, I have to hunt people down and pm them to get honest feedback, because most are afraid to post! That isn't right!!
Now when I am thinking of buying a doll I hunt the forum for others who have had dolls from the particular artist. I am always amazed how many are dissatisfied, and yet feel they can't be honest.
Rhonda W

Post by Rhonda W »

I have been collecting silicone dolls for over 10 years and I feel it's okay to say something about any artist work in a polite constructive manner. But to say Elliott is a bad doll is not fair to Andrea or the others out there who own him, it devalues him and they are not all bad dolls at all, there are many happy Elliot moms.

Maybe the one you saw wasn't painted the way you like and your entitled to your opinion just don't make it sound like all of her work is bad, it's just not true. I could comment on others work but I'm not going to as everyone has a different opinion as to what they like or dislike in a baby. Do I think some pour better then others of course, but at the same time they are also out to make money pouring silicone babies as a business.
Have a GREAT day!!!!! :hi:
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Rhonda W wrote:I have been collecting silicone dolls for over 10 years and I feel it's okay to say something about any artist work in a polite constructive manner. But to say Elliott is a bad doll is not fair to Andrea or the others out there who own him, it devalues him and they are not all bad dolls at all, there are many happy Elliot moms.

Maybe the one you saw wasn't painted the way you like and your entitled to your opinion just don't make it sound like all of her work is bad, it's just not true. I could comment on others work but I'm not going to as everyone has a different opinion as to what they like or dislike in a baby. Do I think some pour better then others of course, but at the same time they are also out to make money pouring silicone babies as a business.
Where did I say all her work was bad? I said the two I saw were night and day, and that I didn't like the one she poured. That is my opinion. I inspected that baby, and he was lumpy, and his head was misshapen. I have owned and seen a LOT of silicones. Was this the worst I have seen, absolutely NOT. However, when you see one that is perfect and pristine, then see another one that is clearly NOT, it is hard not to judge. That is when it was said that they were poured by two different people. How is it ok to sell a doll that people think are poured by one artist, and they aren't?!

If I am buying a doll I want to hear from those who own them and have personally SEEN them with their own eyes, not a PHOTO. Photos are misleading.
Do I expect every artist to be perfect, NO. But, I think people should be INFORMED about what they are getting.
How many have bought dolls that looked so nice in photos, got the doll and CRIED???? They post about it, and are bashed and essentially told to shut up, or keep it private.

Someone mentioned earlier about if you bought a car and the transmission broke when you got it home, do you recommend the dealer? There may be tons of happy, satisfied customers who love that dealer, but that does NOT mean that one person who wasn't happy should clam up because those that love the dealer disagree with the unhappy person. There is room for ALL opinions. If I had never seen or owned one, I would say nothing. For me seeing is believing. What I like, you might not, and vice versa. Why should either of us have to keep quiet?
Dreambabies52

Post by Dreambabies52 »

First of all ladies let me say thank you for all your'e nice comments .It was not my intention to slander Andrea in any way.My frustration came from the lack of communication ,I was panicked at the rate at which the top layer of silicone was separating- and I new advise was needed -quickly. I have very little knowledge of silicone, elliot being my second.I knew of claire Taylor's reputation and felt safe. I am one of the new kids on the block as regards silicones ,and learned a valuable lesson.To be quite honest I think I'm going to stay with reborns, I can't afford another costly mistake like this one again.
Thanks again for not throwing me under the bus :bash:
Hugs Denise.
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

I've gotten two dolls straight from Andrea and my experience was great. I am sorry for the ones tht has a bad experience. I just have one question though...WHY does anyone feel the need to bathe a doll? I have never understood that concept. And as for an artist standing behind her work, I don't think she should be held accountable after the doll has left it's original owner for repairs. It's a nice gesture for them to, but I don't think they are liable past the original owner. Just my two cents worth. :dunno:
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

Rhonda W wrote:I think it's very sad to hear so many negatives about a beautiful sculpt, there is NO perfect silicone out there it doesn't exist. I feel that the only ones who should be talking negative about this artist work is one who owns the sculpt and has a real problem and a reason to. Many of the artist not just Andrea haven't yet mastered the art of painting the silicone perfect but they are all improving leaps and bounds, I like the way mine is painted others may not. I give props to Andrea for making a very difficult sculpt there isn't another baby out there as of yet with the realistic position the baby is in, this is very hard to achieve in a full sculpt baby. I would hate to see another really good sculptor quit because of the constant negativity. We all like something different in a baby.

Rhonda I must say that on my Humphrey Elliott Lucas the painting that was done by Andrea is pure perfection, she did an outstanding job with his painting and he looks so real, his skin looks like real skin would.
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
jenlovesdolls

Post by jenlovesdolls »

Sandis Doll House wrote:I've gotten two dolls straight from Andrea and my experience was great. I am sorry for the ones tht has a bad experience. I just have one question though...WHY does anyone feel the need to bathe a doll? I have never understood that concept. And as for an artist standing behind her work, I don't think she should be held accountable after the doll has left it's original owner for repairs. It's a nice gesture for them to, but I don't think they are liable past the original owner. Just my two cents worth. :dunno:
I don't understand the bathing thing either.