I NEED SERIOUS ADVICE! PLEASE HELP!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Adaberny

I NEED SERIOUS ADVICE! PLEASE HELP!

Post by Adaberny »

I have just had my scarlett sell for buy it now price ($1,100) while the bid was still on going. She had a lot of attention and was very excited, but I was shocked to have someone buy her so quickly, yet alone at buy it now price...This is my very first time listong and selling a baby on ebay. The seller has 280+ positive feedback, none negative, as a buyer...She is asking questions about the baby and is very kind.. However, I have seen so many different types of scams, and am very overprotective when it comes to selling a baby... So please, I need advice from my dolly sisters, who have had more years of experience than I, selling on eBay! Please give me advice on how I should now proceed, I will appreciate it so much..
Susan Cornelius

Re: I NEED SERIOUS ADVICE! PLEASE HELP!

Post by Susan Cornelius »

As soon as you have received payment via pay pal - ship her through ebay - (print shipping label) to the address they show - if you are all set up for shipping its very easy. If you aren't - its ok to buy at the post office just be sure you post the tracking number on ebay. Send her insured for the full amount - anything over $600 will require a signature, you don't need to pay extra for that. After this you are covered by paypal protection.
You will be safe going through ebay and pay pal. In the case there is a charge back, all you have to do is provide your documents and pay pal will protect you. I've been selling 17 years - never had a problem that didn't get resolved (and that wasn't my dolly sales - it was a pocket watch sale for my dad). Pay pal protected us.
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Susan Cornelius wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:11 am As soon as you have received payment via pay pal - ship her through ebay - (print shipping label) to the address they show - if you are all set up for shipping its very easy. If you aren't - its ok to buy at the post office just be sure you post the tracking number on ebay. Send her insured for the full amount - anything over $600 will require a signature, you don't need to pay extra for that. After this you are covered by paypal protection.
You will be safe going through ebay and pay pal. In the case there is a charge back, all you have to do is provide your documents and pay pal will protect you. I've been selling 17 years - never had a problem that didn't get resolved (and that wasn't my dolly sales - it was a pocket watch sale for my dad). Pay pal protected us.
Great advice! Also, take more pictures of your baby as well. Detailed with and without clothing. Her individual limbs, front and back of her and the head/hair as well. It would also be good to take pictures of her packaged ( before you seal the box)lol! I pray this is a success for you and a positive experience for you, but in the event something goes wrong, you will have your images to prove she was as described! Best of LUCK!
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

Hope it goes well for you! I would follow the other ladies advice take pics and maybe a recording of her being packed. Ship signature required. If she don't pay right away relist her quickly!
GinaMomofthree

Post by GinaMomofthree »

Regretfully so, There is always a chance when you sell something. Many things can go wrong but also many things can go right. Despite all the precautions you take there is always one bad apple. I have been lucky. One thing I do always when selling to a new buyer is to take many photos of my packing of the doll. Photos of her before she is wrapped, while I am wrapping, of her in the box showing all of the packaging material. I then take a photo of the box sealed with the shipping label to show it is correct along with the box being new and in great shape. Other then this, the rest is up to the buyer, and I have to admit I say a small prayer over the box before I hand it over to the postman.

Editing to also add that I ALWAYS send with signature confirmation and tracking. You can physically see the signature on the usps postal site when they sign for it.
Adaberny

Post by Adaberny »

Susan Cornelius wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:11 am As soon as you have received payment via pay pal - ship her through ebay - (print shipping label) to the address they show - if you are all set up for shipping its very easy. If you aren't - its ok to buy at the post office just be sure you post the tracking number on ebay. Send her insured for the full amount - anything over $600 will require a signature, you don't need to pay extra for that. After this you are covered by paypal protection.
Thank you so much for your advice, i followed it and everything seems to be going smoothly. I took lots of pictures of the box and while packing, hopefully nothing goes wrong! :) I appreciate your comment so much! :foryou:
Adaberny

Post by Adaberny »

GinaMomofthree wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:20 am Regretfully so, There is always a chance when you sell something. Many things can go wrong but also many things can go right. Despite all the precautions you take there is always one bad apple. I have been lucky. One thing I do always when selling to a new buyer is to take many photos of my packing of the doll. Photos of her before she is wrapped, while I am wrapping, of her in the box showing all of the packaging material. I then take a photo of the box sealed with the shipping label to show it is correct along with the box being new and in great shape. Other then this, the rest is up to the buyer, and I have to admit I say a small prayer over the box before I hand it over to the postman.

Editing to also add that I ALWAYS send with signature confirmation and tracking. You can physically see the signature on the usps postal site when they sign for it.
Thank you so much for your advice! I have been following all of it, i documented everything just in case, and of the box too as you said, i really hope this doesnt go a wrong way. Thank you so much for your comment, I really do appreciate it :foryou:
Adaberny

Post by Adaberny »

Serenity wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:23 am Hope it goes well for you! I would follow the other ladies advice take pics and maybe a recording of her being packed. Ship signature required. If she don't pay right away relist her quickly!
Thank you so much! :)
GinaMomofthree

Post by GinaMomofthree »

This sounds crazy also I know, but I feel that when I draw on negative energy and possibilities, negative things can follow. The power of positive thinking really is important. Not that we live in a place where we are not prepared that bad things can happen, but thinking of good things I feel draws positive energy. Keep us all posted! I am sure it will go well.