SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Becca

Re: Bumped up posts about problems with Andrea Arcello's dolls going back to 2014

Post by Becca »

There are quite a lot of people who stand behind her work despite all of this.

I was so in love with the Maggie Sculpt she produced but opted not to purchase because of what I saw happen with some of her other dolls. I do not want to make that large of a purchase and be worried before I even get the doll that something will be wrong with it, especially when I have seen the responses others have gotten when they have had issues with theirs.

I'm sorry about your Summer. It is a shame because Andrea does some amazing sculpting.
:foryou:
MonicaW

Re: SILICONE SUMMER HEAD BROKE OFF AT NECK by andrea arcello :(

Post by MonicaW »

I don't expect artwork to fall apart in 6 years. When silicone came out it was the fear of one a kinds not lasting all my one of a kinds are fine.t A referigerator is different you are constantly using it. If that is the case thst silicone dolls have 6 years and they will fall apart I am done buying them. I am sure if everyone was told that when buying they wouldn't buy them.artwork is what we call the dolls they are suppose to last for many years if you keep it will preserved.

My husband has his own floor business he has gone back years later and redone floors because the poly or stain didn't hold up and took the kids even though he knew for a fact from the company it turned out it was a faulty batch of poly and stain. That is part of business!!! That is if you want to stay in business. If not then people write bad reviews and talk. When it is a man no one ever calls it a witch hunt. This has happened to you so you don't know how it feels. Carol your dolls are fine so you stand behind her so if they break on your doll friends and she does nothing you don't stand behind your doll friend.

This was the response. Extremely cold. Very cold!!!!!!! So it is too late because head fell off now on my Summer..

"Hello. We are very sorry to hear of your problems and dissatisfaction with your Summer doll. Andrea has tried to make this right with her original Summer doll owners. Had you mentioned it to us in regard to you being the original owner, we would have certainly offered you a discount like we did others. At this point, Andrea is not in the position to refund customers for Michelle Fagan's pours, and we have in fact heard she is still pouring babies. Perhaps if you contact her, she may offer some type of credit or discount. "
MonicaW

Re: Bumped up posts about problems with Andrea Arcello's dolls going back to 2014

Post by MonicaW »

Becca you made the right choice it is alot of money. And this has not only happened to the Summer dolls. The people that stand behind her haven't had anything happens to their doll YET. Won't get my support when they do. It is amazing how many people dolls broke how many people she hurt and some people stand behind her but there are always people like that. So posted a response to me real cold. Hete it is I posted it above. She will do nothing for me. It is very cold letter. How can I be satisfied with a doll whose head ripped off the neck? I didn't mention it to her in the past because it just happened and she hasn't made it right with others .

"Hello. We are very sorry to hear of your problems and dissatisfaction with your Summer doll. Andrea has tried to make this right with her original Summer doll owners. Had you mentioned it to us in regard to you being the original owner, we would have certainly offered you a discount like we did others. At this point, Andrea is not in the position to refund customers for Michelle Fagan's pours, and we have in fact heard she is still pouring babies. Perhaps if you contact her, she may offer some type of credit or discount. "
Kelliegirl

Post by Kelliegirl »

Carolr wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:49 am I’m sure all be bashed for this! This is sad all around. I think we should wait to hear what Andrea says when she replies to Monica. This has been brought up time after time...these are silicone dolls. Summer was from 6 years ago. I don’t think Artist back then knew what they know now. I seriously doubt Andrea got together with Michelle to make a silicone that would break apart. These are chances we take when we buy these babies. I know for a fact that Andrea did address the Summer situation and if your Summer was defective, you got Maisie at a discounted rate. Andrea received no help from Michelle whatsoever. All her money went into having those dolls poured. And how long do we expect to get refunded when there is a problem....it’s been 6 years. I can’t go buy a refrigerator have it for 6 years, have it break and ask for a refund.....I don’t think we can do that with anything. This is a bad situation, all around. Monica with a damaged Summer which is very sad and unfortunate and Andrea which had someone poured for her and now it’s become a witch hunt every time it’s brought up.

Just like every one can bash Andrea, I can certainly stand behind her because everything I have bought from her has been perfect.
Hi Carol! :D

Oh gosh, I'm not going to bash you at all for your post or your opinion on this........everyone is entitled to their own thoughts on this and I respect your feelings on this. :D

I am definitely not on a witch hunt whatsoever, but I am going to share with others who are having this problem, what my experience has been with Andrea. Back when all the Summer's started having problems, I emailed Andrea directly multiple times explaining the problem with the doll I had, and I was completely ignored. So that is why I feel the way I do about her as an artist and about her dolls in general. I asked a long time ago for help and was offered nothing. That speaks volumes to me about how she handled the situation. I will tell you that I have long since written off my loss, but I won't ever buy from her again because of it, no matter how beautiful her dolls may be and how great her product is now. I don't believe I was treated fairly with the Summer situation and therefore I won't buy dolls from her again.

I will also state that I have been purchasing silicone dolls from Claire Taylor since the very beginning of silicones and I never had any issues with any of those dolls, not ever! So I think artists make certain choices to save money or what have you when they are creating these pieces of art, but when collectors start losing thousands of dollars on dolls by the same artist, then we should all be in the know.
Hugs, Kellie :D

~*Precious Baby Girl*~
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I HAVE HAD
SUMMER 2 YEARS.
Looked it up on my paypal.
Silicone doll $1850 never redressed never in sunlight temperature controlled will last 2 years then head will rip off neck do we have any buyers? My refrigerator cost the same still up and running much longer than 2 years. Sorry but the lack of empathy for a fellow doll collector is very hurtful. This is not an isolated situation with Andrea. And she had no empathy for my loss of the doll I loved of loss of money. And is willing to do nothing. It really stings. This isn't a witch hunt. This is making people aware before they buy. They can make their own decision. There are artists out there that bend over backwards standing behind their dolls. I call them artists who care about their artwork and their collectors.
Last edited by MonicaW on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carolr

Post by Carolr »

Kellie, I completely understand what you are saying and you have your reasons for not purchasing from Andrea and you are entitled to feel the way you do.

When we talk about these silicones, I don’t think any artist told us they would last a lifetime. No artist I have bought from ever guaranteed the doll for any amount of time, except now Andrea with her new dolls, she does for 2 years. I think we are all taking chances when we buy these silicones, now and in the future. We just don’t know. Trust me, I have had my share of silicones with problems some have been resolved, some I had to suck it up and take the loss....I took my chance and bought a product that had no long term guarantee. I never bring my doll issues here but everyone is entitled to do it the way they want and there is not a right or wrong way.

A silicone is not hardwood floors, it’s a much more delicate material and I don’t think everything has been learned that needs to be learned about silicone....yet I’m still willing to buy tjem.
:idea: Hugs, Carol
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Hardwood floors are very delicate. Sunlight damages them. Many people display their dolls in sunlight. Temperature damages hardwood floors. Same as dolls. You don't know about floors. But it doesn't matter. The point I was talking about was owning a business. And what it takes to stay in business. I have kept my dolls as perfect as they have can be kept. If this was the case with silicones we should have been told this. When they were advertised they were shown as the solution to not having to worry about your doll breaking anymore like the one of a kinds. Then when the full bodied came out then were shown being bathed by artists. That is false advertisement. Carol I think you made your point. But what I don't think you understand is I am upset. I have cried over the loss of my Summer. She was a lifetime baby for me. I wrote that to Andrea in my letter that I was heartbroken. I wrote how much I loved Summer. And I get a response like sorry you are dissatisfied with your doll. Really? That is pouring salt in the wound. It would have been nice to hear. I am so sorry Monica about what happened to Summer and how much you loved her. I am heartbroken over this too. But that's not what happened. And what you are writing to me just makes me cry more. My dolls mean alot to me. I am stuck at home everyday because I am disabled. My dolls have helped me through alot of hard times. Summers smile made me smile during difficult times. And now I am just reminded that the person who made her is cold .I can't handle going back and forth with you Carol I need support from others who understand how I feel right now. You made your point but at this point you are just hurting me more.
Carolr

Post by Carolr »

Monica, my intentions are not to hurt you at all. I’m sorry you feel this way. It is sad and unfortunate what has happened to your doll. I would be crying too. And I have cried so I completely understand you. I wish there was a way that this could all be resolved. I know how you feel because I have been there too and it does hurt.

We have owned a business since 1978 and I know how difficult it is to keep a company open even after this last recession, it’s not easy. And the second level of my home is all hardwood floors so I definitely know about the damages.

Again, my intentions are not to hurt you and I apologized if I did.
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Thank you Carol. I am just so sad about it. Everyday that baby made me smile. I kept in a doll closet my husband created for me. I know the recession was horrible. Right now is a tough time to in the business but I know we just have to hang in there it's just the way it is. On s good note we have an 11 year old daughter who is the light of my life. Big Hugs Carol. I am going to go rest while my daughter is at school. With my health problems that's how I work it. She comes home with alot of homework. Plus I like to spend quality time with her. She has been having some health problems too so I think I am just on overload. Like please God give me a break. I think down deep us doll collectors are alot alike. Thank you so much again for understanding. Have a blessed day.
19debra

Re: The response I got from Andrea Arcello about head ripped off neck of summer

Post by 19debra »

Perhaps you should post this on her Facebook page....may can a different reply....
Carolr

Post by Carolr »

You have a blessed day too Monica and again, I am sorry.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

MonicaW wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:42 am As you know I wrote her about Summer who I bought directly from her. And how the head ripped off from the neck. This is her response.

Well this is absolutely awful. And by the way this is worded, it sounds like Andrea's assistant is the one that is answering you not Andrea herself. I was on Andrea's list for one of her dolls. Maybe it was Poppy. I know I emailed her a few times because she was very behind in the edition. Her assistant was very lovely and always responded back to me about my concerns. I ended up selling my spot for Poppy so I never received the doll. But this is another reason why I decided to never purchase a doll from Andrea again. When I am spending thousands of dollars for a doll, I want to communicate with the artist not an assistant.
Hugs,
Nadia

NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Monica I feel so bad for you. And for the people that are new, here is an endless thread regarding the Elliot Lucas edition and all its problems:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=345702&hilit=Elliot+Lucas
Hugs,
Nadia

MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Nadia it sounds like her assistant didn't even read what I wrote your dissatisfaction with your doll??
Well unless I plan to use Summer as a Halloween decoration holding her own ripped head in her hands to scare all the little children how would I be satisfied. Then she goes on to say that if I would have told her would I bought Maize Summer wasn't broken then. Insane. And yes Debra definitely thought about facebook
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

Quality Silicone will last a lifetime. I have dolls that are almost 20 years old and still in perfect condition. I wanted to play with them dress them and clean them. I still can!
I had been asked about the silicone I use and I gave information freely!! I caste for many artists when i first started . I guarentee my silicone! because the company I get it from does too!!!
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Horrible! I just wrote Andrea on Facebook since it was the assistant who replied I am not going to let up
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Please post a picture of your poor Summer... Well no accountability on Andrea's part...

I sure understand your anger over this... and also your sadness Monica...

Also yes post a picture and the response you got from Andrea's assistant...

You might just tip the scale in your favour of getting some kind of long overdue compensation...

Good luck! I know you fight for what is right...and this is definitely not right!!!!
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Melissas Babies wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:07 am Quality Silicone will last a lifetime. I have dolls that are almost 20 years old and still in perfect condition. I wanted to play with them dress them and clean them. I still can!

So true. I recently sold my Taliah Helland that was made in 2004 I believe. She was still in wonderful condition with no issues with her silicone.
Hugs,
Nadia

Mikki

Post by Mikki »

So sorry thus happened to you and your doll. The amount of money you spend on these creations are immense, To not have the artist stand by them is terrible. Good luck
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I will definitely post photos soon. I usually use photobuckrt. Maybe I can email then to someone and then go post them for me. I know how to post on facebook. I could post them there and post a link. I will do it tomorrow. Got to go rest before my daughter gets hope from school. I am disabled so it is hard. But I will get pictures. Thinking of doing facebook so it spreads around facebook too. And on dollfan if nothing is done by tomorrow.