Cloth bodies - jointed vs unjointed

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Sandie Girl

Cloth bodies - jointed vs unjointed

Post by Sandie Girl »

Hi ladies. Just wondering if there is much difference with these bodies for posing. I currently have a reborn whose arms seem to take on a life of their own and move around all over the place so I have been thinking of trying an unjointed body. By the way I'm not a reborner hence the question. :headspin:
Court_LLRN

Re: Cloth bodies - jointed vs unjointed

Post by Court_LLRN »

I personally very much prefer non jointed bodies - at least for full limbs. I tighten them enough for there to be no wiggle room for falling out but also able to be moved for posing. For 3/4 limbs I do prefer jointed but if I feel the joint is too loose, I'll clamp it tighter until I'm happy with the movement. :)
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
avigrace96

Post by avigrace96 »

I strongly prefer unjointed bodies for full limb babies. They are much more realistic looking when the doll is unclothed or in a tank top and diaper (without that extra bit of cloth showing.) I also find that they give more control over how much movement you want the limbs to have - it just depends on how tight you pull the cable tie. I leave mine loose enough to move the limbs easily, but not so loose that they twist around on their own with every little move. If you are having that problem, definitely look into switching the doll onto an unjointed body!
Sandie Girl

Post by Sandie Girl »

:hi ya:
Thank you so much for your comments. This baby has 3/4 limbs. The legs are fine but he has windmill arms! I didn't realise you could tighten the joints so I will have a look although I think the body he is on is too big so am thinking of getting a smaller one. :baby:
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Yes feel for the plastic disks at the joint and push together until you feel it click :) you can go pretty tight if you like. Just take it one click at a time until your happy with the movement.
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Sandie Girl

Post by Sandie Girl »

Awesome thank you - will give it a go :baby1: