So I think I've been more than patient

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Deb17

So I think I've been more than patient

Post by Deb17 »

I ordered a doll from Bushel and a Peck Nursery on May 1. I knew it would be a long wait and I was prepared for that. She told me the doll would be done by the end of July. When I hadn't heard anything by August 1, I emailed her and she said it would be done "sometime in September". It is now October 20 and I still haven't heard a single word from her. 5 months. I'm not angry but I don't understand why she wouldn't even drop me a quick email. I don't want to be a nuisance but I'd like to know that the doll is at least almost done. I guess I will email her. Any thoughts? Thanks
avigrace96

Re: So I think I've been more than patient

Post by avigrace96 »

I would send another email, just asking for an update on the status of your order. That way she can let you know how far along she's gotten with your custom, without giving another finish date. You'll probably get an idea of how long it might be based on the response.
Mikki

Post by Mikki »

Oh dear..hope you get your baby soon and take lots of pics
caroline skille.jpg
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Deb17 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:26 am I ordered a doll from Bushel and a Peck Nursery on May 1. I knew it would be a long wait and I was prepared for that. She told me the doll would be done by the end of July. When I hadn't heard anything by August 1, I emailed her and she said it would be done "sometime in September". It is now October 20 and I still haven't heard a single word from her. 5 months. I'm not angry but I don't understand why she wouldn't even drop me a quick email. I don't want to be a nuisance but I'd like to know that the doll is at least almost done. I guess I will email her. Any thoughts? Thanks
Communication is key! Especially from the artist with updates! I am so sorry this is happening to someone as sweet and understanding as you especially! Customer service and word of mouth is the Best advertisement in my opinion!
mdevantier

Post by mdevantier »

I ordered a doll from her years ago and it took forever. You will finally get it and her work was good at the time, but it took forever. I think I just emailing her too, but she wasn't good at getting back to you in a timely manner. Good Luck!
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

That is way too long in my opinion especially with no communication. If you have already sent her money I would contact paypal.
Hugs,
Nadia

Shannon

Post by Shannon »

I wouldn't just ask for a written update. I would also ask for pics so you can see how close she is to completion.
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Shannon wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:06 am I wouldn't just ask for a written update. I would also ask for pics so you can see how close she is to completion.
She stated clearly on her website that she doesn't send any pictures until the doll is complete- so I can't ask for pics.
Becca

Post by Becca »

You have definitely been more than patient.

I have seen so many posts about how long Wanda takes and her lack of responses. It's a shame because I really wanted to order from her.

I firmly believe you will get the doll. As for how much longer it will take....I have no idea :(
:foryou:
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

I wouldn't go to Paypal just yet. I'd reach out via email and as suggested, as for a status update. Sometimes artists do get backed up. I have a couple of custom orders in the works with one of my favorite artists right now and it's been a few months, but I'm not in a rush and we usually check in about once a month. I don't think the timeline is overly long (I've heard of some customs taking 9 months or a year) but communication is definitely key! Good luck and I hope it all works out!
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
Carolr

Post by Carolr »

You have definitely been patient. I would ask for an update for sure.
:idea: Hugs, Carol
noelle5845

Post by noelle5845 »

im in the same boat, except mine has been over a year. exactly one year and a month. i was told not to bother her, so i haven't but come on i also think it is crazy to wait this long especially when she is selling her dolls on ebay left and right. so how long am i supposed to wait?
Pat in Alabama

Post by Pat in Alabama »

This is just my two cents but I would demand the baby be shipped immediately with tracking number or file a grievance with paypal. I speak from experience. I did not pester Toni Dawson enough and the time to file with paypal passed. She did not send the doll or communicate so I am out the money and the doll. I know that she had some medical problems and I am sorry but to steal a trusting collectors money is just plain WRONG!!!!!
Wishing you a blessed day.
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

What is wrong with these artists who keep people hanging forever waiting on a custom doll? I keep hearing of this more and more. I am sorry but that is just wrong I don't care how good they might be......
noelle5845

Post by noelle5845 »

i agree and then when you ask about the progress of your doll then they might make a video of you on youtube saying you are bothering them...i am just about to give up the hobby because i have been waiting a year from wanda and from march for another baby and i dont get any communication from either of them. i mean i bust my butt at work everyday for that money to pay for these dolls the least i could get is a response. i heard you should never pay for your doll in full, well i did that in both cases. i guess i learned my lesson. and bushel and a peck was through her etsy site which has since been shut down.
anjsmiles Angie

Post by anjsmiles Angie »

Yes, I have seen such videos...it is saddening. Hearing statements referring to how lucky you are to be able to be getting a baby by so and so implying that you are supposed to just sit back for time on end and wait DOES NOT reflect well on the artist IMO. If an artist thinks you are so lucky that they would grace you with the chance to buy one of their reborns then that is the very artist I do not want to buy one from. As an artist, I feel privileged to be able to sell my babies to those who would find them worthy to purchase. Without the buyers, we artists do not have a market. This whole superior attitude that some have is a real pet peeve of mine. Not saying at all that Bushel and a Peck lady is or is not like that, I do not know. This thread just brings this all up in my mind. Off my Soap box now.....
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

noelle5845 wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:29 pm im in the same boat, except mine has been over a year. exactly one year and a month. i was told not to bother her, so i haven't but come on i also think it is crazy to wait this long especially when she is selling her dolls on ebay left and right. so how long am i supposed to wait?
If she has time to create other dolls to sell, then she has had plenty of time to get yours done. Customs should take priority and a definite timeframe established. I would never order a custom without a completion date. That way, you can sue if the contract isn't completed. Call Judge Judy. I think you have waited long enough.
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

noelle5845 wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:06 am i agree and then when you ask about the progress of your doll then they might make a video of you on youtube saying you are bothering them...i am just about to give up the hobby because i have been waiting a year from wanda and from march for another baby and i dont get any communication from either of them. i mean i bust my butt at work everyday for that money to pay for these dolls the least i could get is a response. i heard you should never pay for your doll in full, well i did that in both cases. i guess i learned my lesson. and bushel and a peck was through her etsy site which has since been shut down.
So 2 emails in 5 months warrants a nasty video? I will never understand the doll world if that is an acceptable part of it. I have been nothing but patient and understanding and my email was worded very carefully. Now that I know this is what the deal is I probably will only buy from people I have had good experiences with.