Darker skin tone Faber baby?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
LadyFortuna

Darker skin tone Faber baby?

Post by LadyFortuna »

Rephrasing my Q since I didn’t get any response earlier :(

Would you prefer Caucasian, AA, Asian skin tone on Faber babies?? And why?
Last edited by LadyFortuna on Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
LadyFortuna

Re: Darker skin tone Faber baby?

Post by LadyFortuna »

*bump*

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

For me, it would depend on the sculpt. I have all different “color” babies in my collection.
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

Hi Tracy, it's Olive by Sandy Faber. What do you think would suit her?

-Forrest Gump
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Oh Olive!! I have this baby and adore her so much! Mine is the Caucasian skin tone and I think it suits her perfectly but she would look so cute with any skin tone. She is such a precious baby... congrats!!! :heart:
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I am getting Roxy any day now just like the Prototype Caucasian. I can't wait!!!!! To me the prototype skin color is perfect! Sandy has been around since the beginning. I feel so blessed this amazing full silicone smiling baby girl will be in my arms soon. Sandy is finishing her up. Couldn't be better timing for me. My only full silicone baby girl. Have 2 full silicone baby boys. She will be treated like the princess she is :heart:
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

MonicaW wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:52 pm I am getting Roxy any day now just like the Prototype Caucasian. I can't wait!!!!! To me the prototype skin color is perfect! Sandy has been around since the beginning. I feel so blessed this amazing full silicone smiling baby girl will be in my arms soon. Sandy is finishing her up. Couldn't be better timing for me. My only full silicone baby girl. Have 2 full silicone baby boys. She will be treated like the princess she is :heart:
Please Monica, can you tell me what number are your Roxy in the edition? I´m also in the Roxy list. :D

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Hi Maria. I am not sure what number I am. I bought her from a dealer awhile back Susan from Children of the Heart. Been waiting along time. Hugs
MariaJose and Zu

LadyFortuna wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:17 am Hi Tracy, it's Olive by Sandy Faber. What do you think would suit her?
Hi, :D

Here is my Olive as a boy, he is caucasian painted a little more dark than others. I think will be cute in all colors.

:hug:
Last edited by MariaJose and Zu on Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MariaJose and Zu

MonicaW wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:36 pm Hi Maria. I am not sure what number I am. I bought her from a dealer awhile back Susan from Children of the Heart. Been waiting along time. Hugs
Thank you very much Monica. No problem at all. I´m 14 in the edition.

Enjoy your doll and please, if you can, share some pics!! :hug: :foryou:

MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

I definitely will. I use to use photobuckrt I finally figured out how to upload to the gallery and to post without photos being giant. So when I get her i will post lots and describe her. I know it is such a long wait. Longest wait I ever had for a baby. Feel like a real one coming. Hugs
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

MariaJose and Zu wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:39 pm
LadyFortuna wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:17 am Hi Tracy, it's Olive by Sandy Faber. What do you think would suit her?
Hi, :D

Here is my Olive as a boy, he is caucasian painted a little more dark than others. I think will be cute in all colors.

:hug:

Maria - thanks for sharing Olive-r as a boy!! I love his hair colour and the darker caucasian skin color. It really suits the sculpt :foryou:

-Forrest Gump
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

LynnW wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:42 pm Oh Olive!! I have this baby and adore her so much! Mine is the Caucasian skin tone and I think it suits her perfectly but she would look so cute with any skin tone. She is such a precious baby... congrats!!! :heart:
Thank you! Please post photos when you have time. I'd love to see your Olive. I believe I got the last one 10/10 - idk why but whenever I order anything it seems always I get the last doll of an edition :lol:

-Forrest Gump
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

MonicaW wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:52 pm I am getting Roxy any day now just like the Prototype Caucasian. I can't wait!!!!! To me the prototype skin color is perfect! Sandy has been around since the beginning. I feel so blessed this amazing full silicone smiling baby girl will be in my arms soon. Sandy is finishing her up. Couldn't be better timing for me. My only full silicone baby girl. Have 2 full silicone baby boys. She will be treated like the princess she is :heart:
That is so true about the prototype skin color typically being a good fit on a sculpt. I'm so excited for you - have dresses been accumulating too just for your Roxy? I also only have a boy FBS and oh my, I got quite a few dresses and rompers just waiting for this Faber girl. :elephant:

-Forrest Gump
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

So happy I posted this Q on DF; I was actually really feeling alone not knowing what to pick. Everyone has been so helpful. I think I will stick to caucasian skin tone then maybe more newborn "blotchy" style. The hair??? Hmm...ginger or dark blonde to ash brown, wavy/curly and sparse? Ok, I think am getting somewhere - thank you again ladies and if anyone has Faber baby photos feel free to share!! -Cathy

-Forrest Gump
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Of course! Happy to share some pictures of my sweet Olive (who I named Millie). She is such a happy little baby, always brings a smile to my face! :heart:

Getting the last one in the edition is a good thing, from what I've heard. By then the artist has perfected their pouring, painting, etc. I've heard that the later babies can be some of the best ones! :heart:

Congrats again! Very excited for you. :elephant: :headspin:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

I forgot to mention that my Olive has slightly darker blonde hair than the original prototype. Maria's Olive looks to be a bit lighter than mine. Love them both! :heart:
NiSchi

Post by NiSchi »

I can imagine sweet Olive in varoius skin tones, I bet she would look so sweet in EVERY skin tone :heart: :heart: ...!!!

I have my Olive as a caucasian too with a mix of medium and light brown hair and I LOVE her to bits :heart: ...!!

LadyFortuna you`ll be going to LOVE your sweet Olive :headspin: :elephant: ...!!

Dolly HUGS - Nicole
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

What adorable Faber babies...............so happy and just precious................I would say they would be cute in any skin tone...........Hugs, Kathy
MonicaW

Post by MonicaW »

Olive is adorable! :heart: