How many is too many????

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
janecuts

Re: How many is too many????

Post by janecuts »

I laughed out loud when I read your answer, Tracy :)
Jane
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

You can have too many :?: :roll: :lol:
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

Melinda wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:12 pm You can have too many :?: :roll: :lol:
Absolutely!!! I feel like a hoarder!
LanaDollfana

Post by LanaDollfana »

Hmmm, if I told you I would have to kill you, LOL. I purposely do not count them as then I would have to admit I am a hoarder. I am trying to let some go. Have donated and given to friends (whether they wanted them or not). I am thinking of leaving my family some in my will, as they won't take them now, just so they can share memories of "that crazy doll lady".
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

LanaDollfana wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:01 pm Hmmm, if I told you I would have to kill you, LOL. I purposely do not count them as then I would have to admit I am a hoarder. I am trying to let some go. Have donated and given to friends (whether they wanted them or not). I am thinking of leaving my family some in my will, as they won't take them now, just so they can share memories of "that crazy doll lady".
I am known around here as the crazy doll lady! .....
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

Jenny wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:13 pm
LanaDollfana wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:01 pm Hmmm, if I told you I would have to kill you, LOL. I purposely do not count them as then I would have to admit I am a hoarder. I am trying to let some go. Have donated and given to friends (whether they wanted them or not). I am thinking of leaving my family some in my will, as they won't take them now, just so they can share memories of "that crazy doll lady".
I am known around here as the crazy doll lady! .....
They haven’t come up with a name for my obsession yet or at least one that I can repeat here.
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

Uhmmmm....I have about 140 dolls. They range from very tiny, like 1 1/2" to 48 inches and are reborns, silicones, manufactured artist dolls, manufactured play dolls, and two antique bisque dolls.

And...there is ALWAYS room for one more! Oh wait!!! Make that 143! I have three dolls in my studio that belong to my mother that she wants added to my collection. I need to spruce them up a little bit before they join the clan!

I don't have any photos loaded into my gallery right now of my "Dolly House" and the hard drive they are stored on is in the other room and I'm too lazy to go and get them. I'm Sorry! 8)
Debbie
They Never Grow Up Nursery
Where babies are babies...Forever!

http://www.theynevergrowupnursery.com

BLOG: http://theynevergrowupnursery.blogspot.com

MOHAIR and LDC Color Guides: http://TheyNeverGrowUpNursery.artfire.com
KyleeCat S

Post by KyleeCat S »

Hey! 😐 You guys are making me feel like I don't have enough...my tiny collection of 3 Reborns and 4 baby dolls from my childhood, and 7 Holly Hobbie dolls, and 1 rag doll. And I'm only expecting 2 new reborns next year.

Oops, add 1 Ashton Drake.
KYLEE
Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

Debbie@TNGUN wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:17 pm
Edited to add my Dolly HOUSE! Haha...a room is just entirely too small for all of them!

Three years ago we moved to a home that didn't have an available room for my collection, so I purchased an Old Hickory Shed. The shed came unfinished...with just 2x4 studs for the walls. With the help of some friends and family, I finished the house with electricity, insulation, sheet rock, wainscoting, trim, window trims and then the painting and decorating. It took me 11 months to finish and about a full year before the babies moved in. There are posts here on our forum about the progress if you want to take the time to go back and see. I call it "The Dolly House" and am not sure which way would be easier to search...with my name debbie@tngun or The Dolly House.

Uhmmmm....I have about 140 dolls. They range from very tiny, like 1 1/2" to 48 inches and are reborns, silicones, manufactured artist dolls, manufactured play dolls, and two antique bisque dolls.

And...there is ALWAYS room for one more! Oh wait!!! Make that 143! I have three dolls in my studio that belong to my mother that she wants added to my collection. I need to spruce them up a little bit before they join the clan!

I don't have any photos loaded into my gallery right now of my "Dolly House" and the hard drive they are stored on is in the other room and I'm too lazy to go and get them. I'm Sorry! 8)
Debbie

Debbie@TNGUN

Post by Debbie@TNGUN »

Oh HECK! I forgot that all of my photos for the progress of the Dolly House were in PHOTOBUCKET! God bless them...for lack of other words I should not say! I am sorry my friends. I guess it won't do any good to look back at them.

Ugh...all of my picture stories and everything. Gone. Boo.
Debbie

NiSchi

Post by NiSchi »

Ohhh well what a great thread lol :headspin: ...!!!
I had to laugh at Tracy`s answer too :lol: :lol: ...!!!!
As I think it`s NEVER enough and NEVER too many :lol: 8) ...and I HAVE TRIED :lol: ...!!!

Dolly HUGS - Nicole
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I don't think you can ever have too many of what you love! I have all kinds from antique chinas to German bisque to wood to cloth to reborn to silicones -- you name it I have it and remember each story about each of them. They range in size from and inch (bisque) to 5 foot 2 inches (Martha Chase hospital doll) -- love them all. I am not a hoarder (one who hoards) but a lover (one who loves)!!!! Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
Carolr

Post by Carolr »

I get overwhelmed with having 2-3. I currently have one fbs boy and I’m expecting a fbs girl. I have 2 forever reborns that I adore. 4 is actually too many for me.
:idea: Hugs, Carol
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I should have stuck to collecting thimbles!!! They all fit on a small 3 tiered shelf hanging in the doll room. LOL!!
I agree with "Tracey & all the others"!!!
After downsizing during the move 2 years ago to a smaller home & giving away, selling has hardly ever worked for me. Trading 2 for 1 a little better! LOL!! Have more I would gladly get rid of but no one wants them either. May have to try Lana's idea & will them to family members! Too bad it won't work before I am gone!
I am a dolly lover. I have all kinds in my collections, except "No silicones". Reborns are my favorite venue followed by cloth dolls. Also collect bears & sheep. And these all collect dust, does that count???
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
missannie2

Post by missannie2 »

I have two but I am going to restart reborning so......
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

Oh Debbie, your house looks like dolly heaven! Love those photos. :heart:

Um, my previous numbers did not include Paradise Galleries dolls, American Girl, and I also didn't count the 5 babies I painted for my daughter... Hmm... :eggsmile:
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Tracy Lorraine wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:00 am I refuse to answer this question on the grounds it may incriminate me! :shock: :banghead: :lol:
I stand behind Tracy. I’m not tellin’. :lol: :lol: :lol:
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Serenity

Post by Serenity »

I enjoy a small collection and a bigger collection. It's hard to keep it small once you start painting reborns for yourself! I have somewhere between 10-15 lately! I wish I could just be happy with 5 or 6!
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

janecuts wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:15 pm I laughed out loud when I read your answer, Tracy :)
:lol: You know it’s true! :toast: