How many is too many????

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Jenny

How many is too many????

Post by Jenny »

This is the question???????????? How many babies is to many? I seem to get easily overwhelmed if I have to many babies! But.......how many is to many? 5,10, 15, 20 ??????????????? I am down to one silicone and she is in a vintage carriage in our bedroom! My sweet husband never says a word and she is on his side of the room! :lol:

Share your collection with us, your opinion, and your number of babies! :elephant:
georgeanne

Re: How many is too many????

Post by georgeanne »

Are we including antique, vintage, reborn and silicone babies? I am in the process after being sick for some months of redoing my dolly, girly, reborning room so I am not ready to show the mayhem as of yet, but I can count the babies tomorrow and let you know. I can say I am happy with the babies I have and don't "plan" on adding anymore, I am out of room as well.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

Very similar with me, I have my silicone in a bouncer/stroller on my partner’s side haha I only have 2: 1 FBS and 1 reborn. Got a 3rd one on a long layaway coming next yr but the thought of 3 is starting to feel overwhelming & I have no more space. U could see one doll on my dresser hehe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
gabbys_babes

Post by gabbys_babes »

Great question! My collection is currently two, with one I am paying off (one payment left!) I am still young and during my early days of collecting (14-15 years old) it was harder to save up and have a larger collection, and so I've gotten used having just a few.

Currently I have bailie- luka maynard painted by Nikki Johnston and Hudson-Levi brown painted by Tess tucker. I'm waiting on a tigerlily right now, and hope to add a Liam brown to it next year.

I have had many babies come and go though. I think I can list all the babies I've ever owned:
Bailie-luka Maynard
Cole-jack kewy by Carla gentile
Everly-twin b (first reborn I ever made, still had her but she's taken apart and put away)
Parker- Evangeline eagles by samantha rose-harker
Elias-sailor rose by Sabrina hergarten
Hudson-Levi brown
Cuddle baby David kewy by Jackie Ortiz, didn't even have her 2 days before I decided I didn't like cuddle babies haha
And lastly my tigerlily!
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

georgeanne wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:13 pm Are we including antique, vintage, reborn and silicone babies? I am in the process after being sick for some months of redoing my dolly, girly, reborning room so I am not ready to show the mayhem as of yet, but I can count the babies tomorrow and let you know. I can say I am happy with the babies I have and don't "plan" on adding anymore, I am out of room as well.
Any and all types!
Shell58

Post by Shell58 »

Years ago I had 18 at one time and sold them
all.I'm down to one having to recently sell the others to pay my Bella's vet bills.
My only baby is my Paris Alley Wilma and I promised my grand daughter Jordan that she's not leaving :heart:
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I refuse to answer this question on the grounds it may incriminate me! :shock: :banghead: :lol:
KyleeCat S

Post by KyleeCat S »

Tracy Lorraine wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:00 am I refuse to answer this question on the grounds it may incriminate me! :shock: :banghead: :lol:
Lol 🤣
KYLEE
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Tracy Lorraine wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:00 am I refuse to answer this question on the grounds it may incriminate me! :shock: :banghead: :lol:
OMG! I love you! :lol:
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

I have between 30-35 at any one time. Right now I am at 31. More than 35 and I start to get stressed about the lack of space for them. Most are forever keepers but there are a few that I have flip flopped on and could go if I decided my collection was too large.
Doll4Sara

Post by Doll4Sara »

Is there such a thing as having to many? :dunno:
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

EXACTLY!!! SAME HERE!!!
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

jubileejulie wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:21 am I have between 30-35 at any one time. Right now I am at 31. More than 35 and I start to get stressed about the lack of space for them. Most are forever keepers but there are a few that I have flip flopped on and could go if I decided my collection was too large.
When you get overwhelmed let me know! Aunt Jenny will find a place! Jordyn said she would love to connect with a sister or brother! :D
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Jenny wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:55 am
I'm with you Tracy
SANDY29

Post by SANDY29 »

Hi Good question,

I think the answer is whatever you feel comfortable with. I started my collection with one and quickly rose to six. After cutting back I now have more that i originally started with. I tend to see saw up and down. I have gone from reborn's to soft bodied silicones and then too full bodies. My collection now consists of all soft bodied silicones by Janet Paulger and I have 10.

I love them all,

Sandy x
LynnW

Post by LynnW »

This is such an interesting question and seems to vary person to person. I have what I consider to be a larger collection of 15 reborns and silicones but I am adding more babies so will be closer to 20! That feels like a lot to me but it's hard to let go!

I admire the collectors who have the restraint to stick with 1-2 babies or even 4-5! I think I've accepted that I'm not a minimalist although I'd like to be one in concept :)

If you add my Paradise Galleries dolls, the number creeps up to 30!
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Jenny wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:55 am
OMG! I love you! :lol:
I love you too!! So glad for friends that “get me”. :hug:
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Susan@childrenoftheheart wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:21 am

EXACTLY!!! SAME HERE!!!
:toast: :toast: :toast:
DianeLovesBabies

Post by DianeLovesBabies »

OMG.....I could not even begin to count all of mine. First of all, I have over 200 vintage Barbie dolls in one very large curio cabinet so you can just imagine how many I own right now. I love what Tracy said....I feel the same exact way!

Hugs,
Diane
Last edited by DianeLovesBabies on Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be happy and play with dolls!
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

I have one silicone and 15 reborns although some are for sale. I'm planning to get it around 10. If I saw one I liked, I wouldn't "not buy him/her" because I have too many - but I would probably put 1 or 2 up for sale to compensate!
Of all the dolls I have ever sold, I only regret not having one I sold. Not bad.