Awesome Artists I would order a custom from again

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Jonilyn

Awesome Artists I would order a custom from again

Post by Jonilyn »

Because of some recent posts about some artists who customer service is lacking, I thought it would be useful to start a topic of great artists we've purchased from with great customer service, that we would use again, or recommend.

For customs, there are 2 I would recommend:
1) Barb Michaels of "My Sweet Baboo". I've owned 4 of her babies, 2 were customs, and I recommend her highly. Her work is amazing, her customs are completed in a reasonable time, and she keeps in constant contact. Also, for the quality of her work, her prices are a steal.
2) Samantha Harker of "Sam's Reborn Nursery". I've owned 4 of her babies, 1 was a custom, and again, her work is very realistic, her customs are completed in a reasonable time, and she has great customer service. Also, for her quality of work, her prices are a steal.

There are many more, that I have forgot,or not had the privilege of owning their babies yet, so not meaning to leave them out. :baby1:
Last edited by Jonilyn on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
NadiaK

Re: Awesome Artists I would order a custom from again

Post by NadiaK »

I would highly recommend Jody Slater. I have several of her babies, some which were customs. Her work is phenomenal. She always responded to my emails quickly and gave me constant updates. Great customer service and just a lovely person.
Hugs,
Nadia

LynnW

Post by LynnW »

I have two artists I can recommend very highly. One is Melissa George, who I have 3 dolls from, 2 of whom are customs. I have 2 more on the way from Melissa as well. The timeframe got a little stretched due to a number of prototypes she had to work on, but her communication is great and she always gets back to me within a few days if I message her. She is also just a really sweet person and her work is incredible.

The other artist I'd highly recommend is Emily's Dream Dolls. I ordered a custom Indie from Emily and she was really wonderful to work with and the baby is really beautiful! Emily sent me tons of WIP photos and was very communicative with me (we mainly used Facebook and she sent me lots of photos there).

Both are great to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either of them.
On YouTube: Little Foot Nursery - youtube.com/c/LittleFootNursery
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlefootnursery1/
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

LynnW wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:18 am
The other artist I'd highly recommend is Emily's Dream Dolls. I ordered a custom Indie from Emily and she was really wonderful to work with and the baby is really beautiful! Emily sent me tons of WIP photos and was very communicative with me (we mainly used Facebook and she sent me lots of photos there).
I agree. Emily does fabulous work. I have a couple of her babies as well.
Hugs,
Nadia

alienor

Post by alienor »

I highly recommande JANA and IDA MIMADOLLS, I bought several domms from them and it was wonderfull :-)
avigrace96

Post by avigrace96 »

I also HIGHLY reccomend Barb of My Sweet Baboo. I have had two reborns by her, one of which was a custom order and it was the most pleasant experience I've had to date. She is WONDERFUL to work with and I could rave about her talent for ages. Her rooting and sealing is the best I've seen (neither doll ever lost a hair nor had a speck of shine and seemed they would last forever.) She is an amazing artist who no doubt values her customers.
LanaDollfana

Post by LanaDollfana »

I hope to have dolls from those artists someday. I also recommend Janan Duncan of My Forever Babies. I am not sure how many dolls I have bought from her over the years. Each one was fantastic. Also, Sherry Johnson (senior moment - can't remember her nursery name) has done silicone painting for me. She is the sweetest person and keeps in touch with pictures and sends a fabulous box opening.
I am so glad to be making a positive statement. We need more of those.
Sandis Doll House

Post by Sandis Doll House »

NadiaK wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:54 am I would highly recommend Jody Slater. I have several of her babies, some which were customs. Her work is phenomenal. She always responded to my emails quickly and gave me constant updates. Great customer service and just a lovely person.

I agree. Jody is an amazing artist.
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I, too, would recommend, JaNan Duncan of "My Forever Babies" have had her reborn several babies. Have 11 of her babies & one for Christmas still waiting to be opened.
Also Judith19 , "Babies by Judith" has done some custom babies for me, too. I think at the moment, I own 5 of hers.
Suzanne Ball of "Monday's Child Nursery", I own 5 of her babies. Her painted hair is marvelous!!
All of these ladies have been wonderful to work with & I would highly recommend them!!!

There are more great ladies out there that I have gotten babies from in the past & still own, but these are the 3 that I have bought from the most.
Don't mean to leave anyone out!!!
Last edited by Barbydoll on Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Jonilyn, you should write to Steve and send him a link to this post and ask him to make it "sticky". It then will stay at the top of General Dolly and will always be there. This is a great post to have. We all need an answer to this question from time to time.

I'd also like to add Suzanne Ball to the list. Her babies are wonderful and her communication is super. I'm not coming up with her nursery name write this minute.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

Too bad, Barb from My Sweet Baboo doesn’t do customs anymore. Just got her email reply :eggsmile:

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
rdodd75

Post by rdodd75 »

I highly recommend Kylie Garratt-Reed from Little Footprints Nursery and Jade Lucia from Candylane Art Dolls. Both beautiful ladies who's work is amazing.
Jonilyn

Post by Jonilyn »

LadyFortuna wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:52 pm Too bad, Barb from My Sweet Baboo doesn’t do customs anymore. Just got her email reply :eggsmile:
You may want to follow her on Facebook. If you're interested in a certain sculpt, you message her, and ask if she was planning to do that sculpt. I don't do customs any more, as I like to see the finished baby before I buy.
Last edited by Jonilyn on Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

Jonilyn wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:02 am
LadyFortuna wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:52 pm Too bad, Barb from My Sweet Baboo doesn’t do customs anymore. Just got her email reply :eggsmile:
You may want to follow her on Facebook. If you're interested in a certain sculpt, you message her, and ask if she was planning to do that sculpt. I don't do buy customs any more, as I like to see the finished baby before I buy.
Great idea, never thought of that before! Thank you

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

erin1958 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:16 pm Jonilyn, you should write to Steve and send him a link to this post and ask him to make it "sticky". It then will stay at the top of General Dolly and will always be there. This is a great post to have. We all need an answer to this question from time to time.

I'd also like to add Suzanne Ball to the list. Her babies are wonderful and her communication is super. I'm not coming up with her nursery name write this minute.
This is a great idea. Jonilyn give Steve a shout this would be great to have as a sticky as Erin has said.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Sandie Girl

Post by Sandie Girl »

Hi ladies - I would like to put Deborah McCandless of Deborah's Darlings out there. I have 5 of her babies with Tiger Lily in transit as we speak. Just love her painting and the way she presents her babies is awesome. Her box openings are amazing. :headspin:
KrystalK2KBabies

Post by KrystalK2KBabies »

This post is a great idea!
Melissas Babies is a great artist. I purchased two full body silicone's from her and they are cute, and great quality. I also have another silicone from her second hand and how many years later, still in excellent condition. Nice person, excellent customer service.
Hugs, Krystal

NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

Also want to add Nikki from Everlasting Childhood. She did a custom Saoirse for me. Wonderful lady to work with !!
Hugs,
Nadia

Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

I love my baby by our own Doll Fan member - Enola Padgett (Nolas babies).
Also Kelly Dudley and Andrea Donaldson (Andreas Dream babies).
Of these, I believe Nola and Kelly are doing customs at this time.
Deb17

Post by Deb17 »

Nikki from Everlasting Childhood-awesome artist, amazing to work with, absolutely wonderful experience!!