I will never get her (more custom issues)

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
SeabeesWife10Tanya

I will never get her (more custom issues)

Post by SeabeesWife10Tanya »

If you don't feel like reading the whole thing please just read the last paragraph

A while ago I posted in here about ordering a custom Cammi by ping lau from Cami Garrett but she had her weighing a good 20lbs, I was willing to live with that but then I noticed she had paint missing from the backs of her knees and Cami Garrett would only agree to fix her if I paid for shipping both ways but since it wasn't my fault and she already overcharged me to ship her to me in the first place (she charged me $38 and shipping was only around $20 and of course was uninsured) I sent her back insured for the correct amount (to cover my butt) and ended up paying $58 out of my pocket because apparently you don't get reimbursed for shipping.

I found a new artist who seemed very sweet and agreed to make my dream baby (Cammi). I waited almost 2 months for her (I know its not a long time but considering I also waited for the Cammi I ordered before her too and I am very impatient) I barely got updates or pictures and only when I asked and no close ups. The baby was supposed to be delivered before thanksgiving so today I sent her a message asking for an update and get told the doll is done and ready to be shipped (Ok...what was she waiting for? why didn't she message me?). She sends me 2 or 3 pictures and right away I can tell the doll has bald spots, looks dirty and the eyebrows were very VERY thick (I told her I wanted them on the thin side). I asked if she could fix the eyebrows and add more hair she said it was too late for the eyebrows and if I wanted more hair she couldn't start on her until December and then said something about having to buy a new kit and start over so I apologized and just asked for a refund and she ignored me (she was replying right away up until that point). So I filed a complaint saying the doll wasn't received on time (we agreed to thanksgiving and if she did these repairs I wouldn't get her until December) so a while later I get a message from her telling me she already sent the doll to me and will have the tracking number tonight but then I saw she is also in groups trying to sell the doll she already "sent" to me so I guess when I get the doll I tell paypal the item isn't as descried and send her back (I know the doll wasn't sent until after I filed the complaint because when I said I wasn't happy she tried to get me to agree to changing the doll and also why would she send a doll without the clients approval???)

I have been drooling over Cammi since the second I saw the prototypes. I am willing to pay around $1000 (right away), I don't want anything too extreme (biracial, dark, very short curly hair and dark eyes) I just want a decent doll for my money. so why is it so hard for me to get my dream baby? I don't get it, what am I doing wrong? Most artists give toddlers very long hair so finding an already made one is hard :dunno: :bash: :banghead:
Becca

Re: I will never get her (more custom issues)

Post by Becca »

So sorry you've been going through this. She is definitely a cute sculpt, I saw a version by someone I fell in love with. Perhaps you could try Paris Alley Reborns? She has a good reputation and I believe most of her toddlers are around that price. I really hope you are able to find the right artist for her!!
:foryou:
Jonilyn

Post by Jonilyn »

That is so discouraging! Have you thought about posting a "wanted" post for an already finished Cammy? Then you can see what it looks like before you pay for it. Good luck!
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Sorry :-(
So many hack jobs these days. Find a trusted artist and try again!
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I am so sorry this is happening to you.........She is a beautiful sculpt.......hope you can find one that a reputable artist has made....good luck and Happy Thanksgiving..........Hugs, Kathy
mandyuk

Post by mandyuk »

I'm sorry you have had such a disappointing experience, it does spoil the whole thing doesn't it.
I always send pictures of my custom orders at different stages and make sure all is ok'd before sending the baby. It should be part of taking a custom order really.
I hope you get your Cami, I haven't even started mine yet but she is a lovely kit and I can't wait to see her done x
Adaberny

Post by Adaberny »

Becca wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:14 pm So sorry you've been going through this. She is definitely a cute sculpt, I saw a version by someone I fell in love with. Perhaps you could try Paris Alley Reborns? She has a good reputation and I believe most of her toddlers are around that price. I really hope you are able to find the right artist for her!!
I agree with this suggestion, however, that I know of she does not make biracial babies, but gosh...her dolls are to die for.
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Sooo sorry, I had to look up Cammie...gosh she is an adorable sculpt..
I just love her cute smile... I hope you can find a good artist to create your
dream baby for you. Good luck!!