Not intended to offend anyone....

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
marilyn

Not intended to offend anyone....

Post by marilyn »

But, I don't understand how anyone expects to sell a doll if there are no pictures, especially if the doll is an expensive one. Sometimes if I have to email for pictures, it becomes too much of a hassle to deal with, especially when there are others that do have pictures.
NadiaK

Re: Not intended to offend anyone....

Post by NadiaK »

I totally agree. There is no reason for people not to be able to post pictures. I am not particularly computer literate and even I figured out how to do it. Several people have been kind enough to post threads on here explaining exactly what to do.
Hugs,
Nadia

marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Perhaps we need to get a sticky made for the instructions so everyone can have access to them and others don't have to repeatedly send them out.
Pebby

Post by Pebby »

What is really frustrating is when they are on ebay with no pictures and it sells for over 500.00 LOL Now that is funny.
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

_Melinda wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:49 pm It irritates the crapola out of me too! I also hate it when they want you to contact them for the price. If there is no picture, or no price, I figure I won't like it or can't afford it and just move on.
I totally agree about the price. What is the big secret? And it amazes me how many people have come on the forum and their first post is to list an expensive silicone for sale. What happened to introducing oneself to the forum first?
Hugs,
Nadia

Mikki

Post by Mikki »

Me too...you can tell it's expensive if it has a reserve and a high buy it now
I skip over one with no pics or custom made w no actual pictures
Realborn Jaxon

Mikki W
Lori JR

Post by Lori JR »

No pic or price and I’m outta there! :bolting:
Suzanne

Post by Suzanne »

Totally agree with all said so far. Ridiculous
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

NadiaK wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:54 pm I totally agree about the price. What is the big secret? And it amazes me how many people have come on the forum and their first post is to list an expensive silicone for sale. What happened to introducing oneself to the forum first?

My pet peeve too, Nadia! :banghead:
pastyjen

Post by pastyjen »

I was wondering if others got as frustrated as I do over this very thing. About the ONLY exception for me would be if a regular/someone with a good history put up a post and came back with pics shortly. Like Jenny just did. (I think it was Jenny?)

But yes, yes, I agree with all that everyone else has said. It actually bums me out when it's someone new because part of me thinks well they may be a great person who would really fit in here on DF and then there's the other side of me that thinks yeah but what about all of garbage that has gone down over the years. Blech. Such a bummer.

(Says the woman who has barely said boo on DF over the past two years :headspin: :lol:)
"I am certain that after the dust of centuries has passed over our cities, we, too, will be remembered not for victories or defeats in battle or in politics, but for our contribution to the human spirit." --President John F. Kennedy
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

Totally agree. I also prefer direct photos on DF vs links. I’d rather the person mention it’s on eBay or fb but I like to see photos right here.

A sticky would be great then there will be no excuse. Next time I see one I’ll refer the person to this thread which should more than hint u can do that but look u will get raised eyebrows! :dunno:

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
marilyn

Post by marilyn »

Love it!

A sticky would be great then there will be no excuse. Next time I see one I’ll refer the person to this thread which should more than hint u can do that but look u will get raised eyebrows! :dunno:
[/quote]
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I agree with everyone and a sticky would be great...........Hugs, Kathy