Warning About Ebay Doll Seller

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
mtro

Warning About Ebay Doll Seller

Post by mtro »

Hi All, I want to warn you about an Ebay doll seller with whom I had a problem. I bought a reborn Fritzi doll by Karola Wegerich from bobkovayuliya, a seller/reborner on Ebay, on September 26 and paid $1000. The links below show how this doll came to me. Her head was unweighted and completely sunken in. When I told this to the reborner (who is from Russia), her response was thus:

"Vinyl has the ability to take pervonachalno cast form. You can heat with a Hairdryer and it will take a good round shape. You can open a dispute in PayPal. PayPal will make a decision"

Paypal has not made good on this despite the fact that the doll has a completely sunken in head. The seller has taken no responsibility for this. My advice would be to avoid buying from her. Unfortunately, I'm the one who is screwed, although I will continue to attempt to fight this.

https://ibb.co/hu1Rxw

https://ibb.co/eRB4jb
Tracy Lorraine

Re: Warning About Ebay Doll Seller

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Oh no! I’m so sorry. 😞 I hope someone here can give you some advice on how to proceed.
LovinIt_Crystal

Post by LovinIt_Crystal »

Whatever you do...do not try to fix it in any way. If you do, you will not win an ebay case. Just leave it as is and continue to call ebay until you are blue in the face. And...as hard as it is, remain calm with them. I can't see how you wouldn't be refunded if that is not how it was shown in photos.
mtro

Post by mtro »

Thanks Tracy and Crystal. My credit card company says that for them even to consider my claim, I need a letter from a doll expert on official stationery saying what was done wrong with the doll, how it could be corrected and what the cost would be to fix it. If anyone from the doll world could help me with a letter like this, even for a reasonable fee, let me know. Thanks so much. I bought this doll from the seller advertised at first on Ebay, but at her insistence, "off Ebay." Huge mistake, I know. There was no evidence of any flaws or mention of any flaws in the listing or pictures.

Miriam
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I am really sorry this has happened...
I think that might be a fairly easy fix.. I am not a reborner, but have had dolls with misshaped heads
If you do not get a refund after trying everything... and you really like the doll...
You can remove her head and try stuffing it more firmly.. you can also add some weight at that time..
Her rooting looks very well done.
mtro

Post by mtro »

Thanks Linda, I will keep that in mind.
cyndig77

Post by cyndig77 »

Personally, If I really like everything else about the doll, I'd just pop her head off and check the glue while I'm there...then I'd add some weight and stuff it tight to fix the problem. It's just not worth the hours and hours of hassle if you are happy with the doll otherwise. There are lots of us here who will be happy to send you a bit of weighting and zip ties.
We all do thank you for the warning as we don't want to experience the problems with this seller. I'm a little confused about whether you bought her on eBay or somehow got hooked up privately. eBay is a big hassle for sellers but it does protect buyers in cases like this.
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

I think the head can be fixed by heating and stuffing it. Do you have any doll artists near you? Or have any trusted artists you could send the head to?
mtro

Post by mtro »

Thanks ladies, If I can't resolve this, I might have to mail the doll out to one of the artists that I usually ask to do custom dolls. It was disappointing to get the doll like this. The artist wasn't even apologetic. You would think that they would take some pride in their work and not send a doll with a huge crater in the top of the head. Anyway, sorry to vent, and thanks for listening.