What makes you look at a reborn sale ad?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
NinasNorthernBabies

What makes you look at a reborn sale ad?

Post by NinasNorthernBabies »

:hi ya:
I am just curious, and hoping for some constructive feedback.

I have a reborn for sale at the moment, and I'm getting remarkably few views. Of course I understand that some may not be interested in the sculpt, but other than that I wonder what makes you decide whether or not to look at a reborn for sale here on DF.

I notice that other sale ads that were posted after mine are getting double, even triple the amount of views. So naturally I am wondering why.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :foryou:
Barbara L.

Re: What makes you look at a reborn sale ad?

Post by Barbara L. »

I would like to know too as I see the same trend.

1) What really catches my attention is when the doll is a sculpt or made by artist I really like.
I do get tired of seeing the "hot sculpt" of the month over and over again so after awhile I skip those.
2) I like to look at the older sculpts also because so many of the newer ones have similar features and the older ones seem to be a little more unique.
3) I am less likely to look at a doll with painted hair.

Just my thoughts. :D
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I just checked your ad. You did a nice job. Lots of details listed as well as clear photos. For me like Barbara said, the sculpt and artist is the first thing that attracts me to a listing. Again like Barbara said, if the doll has painted hair I usually look no further. If the ad says message me for price and photos I just close out the listing. Hopefully a new mommy will see your baby soon.
Hugs,
Nadia

Barbara L.

Post by Barbara L. »

Yes, I agree with Nadia.
I want to see at least one good picture, no pacifier no hats and the price on the first post.
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
LanaDollfana

Post by LanaDollfana »

I want to see a close-up of the face without a pacifier or a hat and closeups of the best features such as nails, feet and skin tones. I don't go any further if the post says to message for price and/or photos. I like painted hair so that is not a turn off for me.
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I guess I am different, I click on all of them!!!
I come back & look at them more than once if it is something that is in my price range & a sculpt I may be interested in buying.
Must admit, I haven't been doing a lot of buying lately. Slowed way down after I retired!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
NinasNorthernBabies

Thank you for all your comments, and I must say I agree with you all on so many things. But I just want to point out that I'm curious about why some ads get more VIEWS. I totally understand why some dolls take longer to sell, or some ads are missing things like pictures or price. But if you look at number of views on each sale ad, why do some get 300 clicks, and mine barely 100? Is it the title? Is it the seller name (maybe because I am new on the forum)? :dunno:

I hope I am explaining my question properly.
Thia

Post by Thia »

I understand what you're asking. Personally, i've never been that interested in boy sculpts..so probably did pass by your ad the first time.
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I don’t think boys get as many views as girls. Also. remember that non members can view the sale ads, so it’s not only DollFan members giving you views.
NinasNorthernBabies

Thanks, Tracy and Thia! :D
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

For me it is certain sculpts I am looking for, or have not seen before and am curious as to what it is.
Melinda

Post by Melinda »

I just went and looked at your listing. For me it was the fact it was a realborn. I'm just not into them. I agree with what Nadia said except I do like painted hair :)
NinasNorthernBabies

Thank you Susan and Melinda! :D
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

I check out all the listings.. I just have to see what's for sale.. but I am drawn to the popular artists and sculpts...
Mommy2Jace

Post by Mommy2Jace »

I personally am drawn out by all CAPITAL letters. And usually ones with longer titles. Also anything with special characters like !!!! Those that says ADORABLE or cuddly. Just special words like that. That’s how I personally am drawn to titles. Hope it helps!
NinasNorthernBabies

Mommy2Jace wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:13 pm I personally am drawn out by all CAPITAL letters. And usually ones with longer titles. Also anything with special characters like !!!! Those that says ADORABLE or cuddly. Just special words like that. That’s how I personally am drawn to titles. Hope it helps!
That's really interesting, because I am the total opposite. Those things just bug me. :lol: :lol: :lol: Goes to show how different we all are, right? :toast:

Thanks for your input! :foryou: