Any other new reborn enthusiasts?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
jennyjoanx

Any other new reborn enthusiasts?

Post by jennyjoanx »

Hi all! :heart:

I was just wondering if there were any other people that are new members on here or people that are new to the reborn world.

Also, how did you guys come to enjoy the hobby / lifestyle / art? I stumbled upon it on YouTube and have been interested since!
:lol:
Have a lovely day! :heart: :heart: :heart:
Kim

Re: Any other new reborn enthusiasts?

Post by Kim »

Hi, I am not new but want to say welcome :D

I got into them when searching for a doll for my daughter and have been hooked ever since.
jennyjoanx

Post by jennyjoanx »

Kim wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:04 pm Hi, I am not new but want to say welcome :D

I got into them when searching for a doll for my daughter and have been hooked ever since.
When I first starting searching stores for them I was actually considering purchasing one for my niece, but then I never stopped searching haha! :lol: And thanks for the warm welcome. :D
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Hi Jenny and welcome to DF.. I got my first reborn doll years ago... it was a berenguer..just blushed with a wig glued on...and eyelashes glued on... and have been hooked ever since...

What part of Canada are you from?

I don't reborn myself...
jennyjoanx

Post by jennyjoanx »

LindaBforbabies wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:22 pm Hi Jenny and welcome to DF.. I got my first reborn doll years ago... it was a berenguer..just blushed with a wig glued on...and eyelashes glued on... and have been hooked ever since...

What part of Canada are you from?

I don't reborn myself...
Thanks so much! :heart: I'm from Ontario, on the southern border. I don't have a doll of my own quite yet but I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of a custom reborn from Etsy. I'm also looking into creating dolls of my own. It just looks like a lot of fun!

Cheers!
LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Yes, it is a lot of fun...what doll are you getting?
Hope you can post pictures.
: )
jennyjoanx

Post by jennyjoanx »

LindaBforbabies wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:45 pm Yes, it is a lot of fun...what doll are you getting?
Hope you can post pictures.
: )
I'm hoping to as well! I can't wait. It's a Reva Schick custom baby girl with auburn hair. :o
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

Welcome to DF Jenny. I’ve been a member here for over 10 years and I first got interested in reborns about that long ago. I’ve collected many types of dolls over the years. I hope you love your baby when it comes. Have fun.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
jennyjoanx

Post by jennyjoanx »

erin1958 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:30 pm Welcome to DF Jenny. I’ve been a member here for over 10 years and I first got interested in reborns about that long ago. I’ve collected many types of dolls over the years. I hope you love your baby when it comes. Have fun.
Thanks so much! You're all so kind! :heart:
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Welcome!! My first reborn was a Berenguer baby I found on ebay. Her artist was Tuesdays child of Canada. This was in 2003 approx. I do not know if she still makes dolls. That was an ebay id.
In about 2011 or 12 - I went to a friends home 10 minutes from my house (Kelliegirl on df) and got to look at her babies. Wow!!! I could not believe it! At the time she had 3 reborns and over time I have purchased all 3 and still own them today. I love this hobby! I don't buy much anymore - but I sure enjoy what I have!
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

Welcome to DollFan! I’ve loved dolls all my life, but started collecting as an adult about 7 years ago. Just be aware.....this hobby is ADDICTING!!!!!