4th annual Jacksonville dolly get together!

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
jubileejulie

4th annual Jacksonville dolly get together!

Post by jubileejulie »

Hi Ladies! Who is up for a dolly get together in Jacksonville, Florida this year? I am looking at the weekend of January 25th-28th. We would stay at the same hotel that has put up with us for the last 3 years. They are very tolerant of us gathering in the lobby with our dolls to socialize. The weekend would include shopping, games, friendship, eating, and fun. I need this break this time of year so badly and I can't wait to get together with dolly friends to relax and have fun. Post here if you are interested.
Lauraslilone

Re: 4th annual Jacksonville dolly get together!

Post by Lauraslilone »

I'll check my calendar.
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Lauraslilone wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:54 pm I'll check my calendar.
That would be awesome if you could come! We have a blast❤️
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Count on me coming! This will be my 4th year and I would not miss it for the world. We have a Blast! We eat, we play, we laugh, we shop, we laugh some more and then we eat some more!
The hotel is so accommodating and the staff is so kind! They have always let us use the lobby to gather and socialize, eat and play games. They offer a wonderful continental breakfast as well.
We always eat one day at the Cheesecake Factory in Jacksonville and the shopping in that area alone is incredible! Also, a new IKEA just opened in Jacksonville. 😊😊😊I mentioned to Julie the idea that maybe one day we can go to the beaches and visit the shops there or maybe one evening we could consider going to dinner and a movie( depending on what is playing). One night we usually have dinner at the hotel, play games and have a mini baby shower ( gift exchange) The past 2 years we played a few games ( baby shower related) and the Saran Wrap game ( tons of fun ).
This has always been a weekend filled with great memories and lots of fun and laughter with some of the best dolly friends!

If you have any questions, feel free to message either myself or Julie about detail, Hotel accommodations and more! Hope to see some of you ladies in a few weeks from now!
DollyBabeChris

Post by DollyBabeChris »

I would love to go. And that weekend is perfect for me! The 25th is my birthday and I already have those days off. The plane ticket is a good price too. Will we be able to split up hotel rooms again? Oh, I am so excited.
Chris

Jenny

Post by Jenny »

DollyBabeChris wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:51 pm I would love to go. And that weekend is perfect for me! The 25th is my birthday and I already have those days off. The plane ticket is a good price too. Will we be able to split up hotel rooms again? Oh, I am so excited.
OMG! That would be great! 😊 I hope it works out! We will celebrate your birthday! 🎈🎁🎉🎂
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

I am so excited! Laura, it would be great to meet you. And Chris, I would love to see you again. I have a new game I played over the holidays with my family and I think it would be a lot of fun to play at this get together. The more the merrier. I can't wait.
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

jubileejulie wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:55 pm I am so excited! Laura, it would be great to meet you. And Chris, I would love to see you again. I have a new game I played over the holidays with my family and I think it would be a lot of fun to play at this get together. The more the merrier. I can't wait.
I am getting so excited :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: I am glad it is only 3 weeks away!
DollyBabeChris

Post by DollyBabeChris »

jubileejulie wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:55 pm I am so excited! Laura, it would be great to meet you. And Chris, I would love to see you again. I have a new game I played over the holidays with my family and I think it would be a lot of fun to play at this get together. The more the merrier. I can't wait.
Gosh, I hope I can make it! Hopefully I will know for sure soon. Depending on my parents health and my husbands good will. I know it will be so much fun.
Chris

KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

Oh wow! I looked this up and its only 5 1/2 hr drive for me, but there is no way for me to get away :(
I hope you guys do this again. This sounds really fun. I would love to be around other dolly friends. Hope you all have a great time.
Lainey

Post by Lainey »

I wish I could but it's impossible. My brother-in-law is very sick with bone cancer and he probably won't be around then and I would have to be here with the rest of the family. I'm sure most of you know that our son, Paul, passed away in November. He had decided he wanted to be taken off of life support and was very comfortable just like he had wanted it. We are relieved that he is now out of pain and went the way he wanted to. I am still having a big problem with losing him but it was he wanted . So much going on right and and I would have loved to have gone with you all but I still have to deal with the grief and am sure you will all have a great time. Have a wonderful time. :grouphug:

HUGS, LAINEY
[image]11057[/image]
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Lainey wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:28 pm I wish I could but it's impossible. My brother-in-law is very sick with bone cancer and he probably won't be around then and I would have to be here with the rest of the family. I'm sure most of you know that our son, Paul, passed away in November. He had decided he wanted to be taken off of life support and was very comfortable just like he had wanted it. We are relieved that he is now out of pain and went the way he wanted to. I am still having a big problem with losing him but it was he wanted . So much going on right and and I would have loved to have gone with you all but I still have to deal with the grief and am sure you will all have a great time. Have a wonderful time. :grouphug:

Lainey
I am so sorry! I think about you so often! I can’t imagine what you are dealing with! Our kids are not suppose to go before us!
Becca

Post by Becca »

I’m going to have to pass. I really thought I was finally going to make it this year but things took a turn for the not so good and it’s just out of the realm of possibility at this point. I sure hope I can make it next year, though! I know you ladies will have so much fun!
:foryou:
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

Becca wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:47 pm I’m going to have to pass. I really thought I was finally going to make it this year but things took a turn for the not so good and it’s just out of the realm of possibility at this point. I sure hope I can make it next year, though! I know you ladies will have so much fun!
O darn! We will miss you! Maybe next year! :elephant:
DollyBabeChris

Post by DollyBabeChris »

Lainey wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:28 pm I wish I could but it's impossible. My brother-in-law is very sick with bone cancer and he probably won't be around then and I would have to be here with the rest of the family. I'm sure most of you know that our son, Paul, passed away in November. He had decided he wanted to be taken off of life support and was very comfortable just like he had wanted it. We are relieved that he is now out of pain and went the way he wanted to. I am still having a big problem with losing him but it was he wanted . So much going on right and and I would have loved to have gone with you all but I still have to deal with the grief and am sure you will all have a great time. Have a wonderful time. :grouphug:

Thinking of you, Lainey. :heart:
Chris

jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Keeping you in my thoughts Lainey!

jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Aww Kirstin, I wish you could come. I would love to meet you.
KLynn17 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:27 pm Oh wow! I looked this up and its only 5 1/2 hr drive for me, but there is no way for me to get away :(
I hope you guys do this again. This sounds really fun. I would love to be around other dolly friends. Hope you all have a great time.
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Hope you can make it!
DollyBabeChris wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:42 pm
Gosh, I hope I can make it! Hopefully I will know for sure soon. Depending on my parents health and my husbands good will. I know it will be so much fun.
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

It would be nice to meet you, sorry you can't come. Maybe next year!
Becca wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:47 pm I’m going to have to pass. I really thought I was finally going to make it this year but things took a turn for the not so good and it’s just out of the realm of possibility at this point. I sure hope I can make it next year, though! I know you ladies will have so much fun!
jubileejulie

Post by jubileejulie »

Anybody out there interested? Jenny and I have been talking and thinking that we might even be able to do some doll painting during the weekend. She has a nuwave oven and we will have a suite so plenty of space to work. Anybody up for painting with us?