What do you do with customers like this? Help.

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
TinyGifts_Helena

What do you do with customers like this? Help.

Post by TinyGifts_Helena »

I am getting so annoyed lately, and I don’t know what to do. I have a woman (girl?) who messages me DAILY through my Instagram page, asking for prices on a custom baby. But every single day it’s a new baby (kit) she wants a price on. I then give her the price and tell her and have told her multiple times that my prices are all a base cost, so whatever I told her before is going to be the same cost on the next baby. she then spends HOURS asking questions about the custom. More so than any customer has ever asked. she asks about small details like “You do shine the nails right?” And “will my baby have limb plugs?” These are just examples of so many little questions she has asked, that simply seem kindve irrevelvant to me. I have told her multiple times all of my babies are made with the same process. She then says at the end of the chat, that she is so excited and she’s going to put down a deposit soon. Low and behold, the very next day she wants prices on a new baby, and asks the exact same questions. Every single day for the past month it’s been a new kit. I have told her over and over my prices have not changed at all since the day before she asked me, and I have always stayed friendly with her, but lately I don’t think I can respond anymore. She has always been very sweet and lovely so I feel bad about the situation, but I am so busy with other customers, and I work on top of reborning so it just seems like she’s wasting my time. Do I block her? Do I tell her to stop messaging me? Do I just flat out ignore her? has Anyone had a customer like this?? Let me know what you think or what you would say to her, etc! I need opinions, bc ive never had anything like this. :?
KekeLeo

Re: What do you do with customers like this? Help.

Post by KekeLeo »

I'm a customer not an artist so from a customer service point, I think you would be well within your right to stop answering her. You can copy and paste a standard answer once per day and disengage if you don't want to block her. Something along the lines of "Thank you for contacting (nursery name)! My standard price for customs begin at $$$ regardless of the kit used. Optional extras would be (... ) Non-refundable deposit is ($$$). For more information please visit (insert link). Thank you for your interest in my work." Hopefully this will deter her from pestering you. Also if she is using Facebook messenger there is an option to mute the conversation so that it doesn't alert you everytime she messages you. You can choose indefinitely or a certain amount of time. Hope this helps!
My childhood may be over, but that doesn’t mean playtime is.
Ron Olson
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

I’m so sorry you’re having to deal with this. It seems very frustrating. I’m wondering if this person may suffer from some type of mental disorder/illness/handicap. I would probably stop responding. You’ve been more than patient. You have such a kind heart and I know it’s hard for you to ignore someone, but I’m not sure what else you could do to make them understand. I’m anxious to read other opinions. Hugs!
Melissas Babies

Post by Melissas Babies »

There are a couple out there that do this. I get them all the time, I take their name and when they pop up I ignore them . They have no money to buy and are mentally challenged! I spent hours on them and it is just a waste of time,

Sorry to say it happens more and more.
Creations from the Heart
I take paypal
money orders
checks
layaways available

http://www.doll-fan.com/gallery2/v/melissasbabies/
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 154&type=1
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

I would ignore any future questions. If the prior behavior represents the future, you don't want or need her as a customer.
jennyjoanx

Post by jennyjoanx »

I assume that the lady is genuinely interested in your dolls, but isn't actually interested in buying them. I would politely disengage with her after her next message, perhaps saying "check my website for updates", or something like that. If she gets irritated, block her. Customer service can be like that sometimes- if she's not spending any money anyways, you're not really losing a potential client. Good luck!
Have a lovely day! :heart: :heart: :heart:
NadiaK

Post by NadiaK »

I would not respond any further to this person. She's probably some young kid that likes dolls but can't afford to buy any. I get this on Facebook anytime I have listed a doll there. Tons of interest with endless questions. Yet they never come through when it comes to sending a payment.
Hugs,
Nadia

LindaBforbabies

Post by LindaBforbabies »

You have so much patience... I would just ignore her...
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

I think you have been very accommodating and at this point it seems like it is just a game this person is playing with you. As someone said, if you have a website, direct the person to it and tell them that you have answered all the questions you can to help them make a decision and thank them for their interest and do not respond to them again. Also as someone said block their messages from now on and DO NOT feel bad about no longer responding.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
TinyGifts_Helena

Post by TinyGifts_Helena »

Thank you ladies so much for the opinions! It is very much appreciated.