Starting over

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Beckie

Starting over

Post by Beckie »

Hi All,
I took about a 3 year hiatus from reborning while I worked on attaining my credentials as a minister in our denomination, now that I have completed that process (although ministry is just beginning!) I am ready to jump back in. Problem with that though is that I feel like I am really behind the curve. I still have the kits, got my paints and brushes, but I'm wondering how much things have changed. Does anyone have any tips for someone who is starting over? What did I miss? What has changed? Anything I should do differently, or new techniques? I reborn primarily for myself, but do sell if someone expresses interest in a baby I have done. Thanks for your input, I am itching to pick up the paints again and make a new baby!
LindaBforbabies

Re: Starting over

Post by LindaBforbabies »

Hi Beckie, welcome back to DF and congratulations on becoming a Minister...
I only collect...but the big change I think is rooted eyelashes and painted hair or
Combs hair... painted and rooted.. air dry painting... but other than that
I would say things are pretty much the same... nice to see you back!!
Beckie

Post by Beckie »

Thanks Linda, I've been lurking around, just not active on many topics. Glad to hear not a lot has changed, makes the return feel a lot less daunting!!
Barbydoll

Post by Barbydoll »

I'm afraid I don't have any tips for reborning.
But I wanted to say "Congratulations" on becoming an ordained minister.
Welcome Back!!!
"Our 50th Wedding Anniversary Celebration"
Beckie

Post by Beckie »

Thank you Barby. It was a huge undertaking, one that I should have done long ago, but ran from for years!! It is both exciting and humbling, but I am really excited about where God is leading me!