HOW DO YOU DO IT??

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Court_LLRN

HOW DO YOU DO IT??

Post by Court_LLRN »

Since I am usually an artist/seller and tend to only collect my own work, for the rare times that I have the opportunity to adopt from another artist, it is always SO grueling to wait!!! Especially since my baby hasn't even been made yet. :lol:
How do you all do it?? I heard nesting is the best place to start so despite the amount of baby clothes I have, I still find myself doing online shopping (due to this, expect some large listings in the clothing for sale section soon ;) ).
The other hard part is my lack of space - I'm still at home with my parents and sister so my room is where I keep my collection, which already consists of two silicones and a reborn - I have a Bugaboo Bee stroller that holds my sili girl, a little lamb rocker by Fisher Price that holds my silicone boy and a Leachco baby lounger that holds my reborn boy.
So now I will have a full body silicone coming my way in February and nowhere to lay her! :shock: This can not happen!!
I'd love to see where your beautiful little babies live - especially those with limited space. I am considering getting an Arm's Reach co-sleeper as they're basically like tiny cribs that I might could fit two in side-by-side with little loungers placed in. My whole baby area is about 55 inches across. :dunno:

Any other ideas?
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
KLynn17

Re: HOW DO YOU DO IT??

Post by KLynn17 »

I have my reborns in my Master Bedroom. We have a huge 5 bedroom house however we have 4 children and homeschool so I have to wait for a room to free up..lol. I have 10 of them and a silicone on the way this year. My Master is pretty big but I just put them in cradles and I have an old changing table in here where I sit a few of them at a time. Its a really cute set up and my husband doesn't mind at all. Good luck trying to find space. I put 3-4 reborns in one cradle and they all fit good.
susan2015

Post by susan2015 »

My small guest bedroom has become my doll room. But i definitely need to rethink the space.
I have a chest of drawers in the room full of baby clothes, plus storage for clothes under the single bed. (i love buying baby clothes :lol: )
I have two full size prams for my 3 silicones, my full body girl has one pram to herself.
The 2nd pram has two silicones who snuggle together.
When i have additional babies I use a baby carseat plus a baby bouncer chair if needed that i usually put on the spare bed.
I would love to see how other babies are displayed.
Hoping that the wait goes quickly for your new baby, i also find the wait gruelling when i buy a baby.
erin1958

Post by erin1958 »

I say plan on doubling up. They don’t all need their own bed. My full sized crib has 6 babies in it. As far as the wait, I say just try and put it out of your mind. Don’t let yourself think about it all the time. It’s hard sometimes but doable. Good luck.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!!
Cheers, Erin
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

I appreciate the input, my friends! I would love to see pictures of your set-ups, especially yours Kirstin, since you are also working with limited space.
I should have also mentioned that, on top of my upcoming FBS, I am also working on 4 reborns for my collection - so I'm in big trouble as far as room :lol: So yes, doubling up will definitely have to happen. I was originally thinking of getting a standard changing table with the two shelves underneath so that I could use the shelving for more babies but I think the co-sleeper is the best option as I can put between 2-4 babies in there and still have my Leachco loungers (I have 3 of them but I use 1 in my studio for picture). My FBS will definitely get her own bed as she is made from the really soft silicone and I wouldn't want to risk her siblings squishing or poking her. :lol:

And as far as the wait - phew! I'm almost glad that mine is the second baby as I get to at least look at pictures and video of the one already made to help ease the waiting game!
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
KLynn17

Post by KLynn17 »

I can email you some photos. I have no clue how to add pictures on this forum..lol. I'll try to take some photos tomorrow to show you how my room is set up.

Court_LLRN wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:09 pm I appreciate the input, my friends! I would love to see pictures of your set-ups, especially yours Kirstin, since you are also working with limited space.
I should have also mentioned that, on top of my upcoming FBS, I am also working on 4 reborns for my collection - so I'm in big trouble as far as room :lol: So yes, doubling up will definitely have to happen. I was originally thinking of getting a standard changing table with the two shelves underneath so that I could use the shelving for more babies but I think the co-sleeper is the best option as I can put between 2-4 babies in there and still have my Leachco loungers (I have 3 of them but I use 1 in my studio for picture). My FBS will definitely get her own bed as she is made from the really soft silicone and I wouldn't want to risk her siblings squishing or poking her. :lol:

And as far as the wait - phew! I'm almost glad that mine is the second baby as I get to at least look at pictures and video of the one already made to help ease the waiting game!
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I remember seeing some cute hang from the ceiling material type things for babies. Also stackable plastic containers work well. It only gets worse as you collect more and more... good luck. Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

I have a reborn and a full body baby that occupy 1/4 of my junior bedroom in a 1BR apt. so my babies live on top of my dresser! Got a mobile 2-in-1 stroller bouncer that also serves as a place to permanently rest my sili baby but the use is really 3-in-1 since I use it mostly as a lounger. I have two on the way (partial and reborn) which I plan to rest on the dresser as well. Any new reborn(s) I plan to paint will result in perhaps all my reborns sitting up on the dresser LOL.

I freed up space in my half-share of the closet using "Konmari" method so I was able to fit 3 baby knit dresses in there and a standard grocery sized bag of baby clothes for outfits that can tolerate creases. Clothes you can see hanging on the wall are either the frequently used ones or the new nesting clothes. I use a 3-in-1 hanger on a 3-in-1 hanger so I can have 6 clothes on one hook if need be. The stick-on wall hooks allow me to change the layout in a snap and pretty much all items I have are flexible or have 3-in-1 uses since I realize now our collecting styles will/can change overtime - sometimes quickly, sometimes not - and then we go back and forth :shock: so best to keep everything super flexible in a tiny space, just in case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
Atalanta

Post by Atalanta »

The only thing I can add to the suggestions: my favourite cuddle doll permanently in my easy chair.
jenmomof5

Post by jenmomof5 »

I have a nice bookcase in my bedroom, and I have 2 babies in a beautiful moses basket on the top of it, and the 2 other babies in their own little beds each on one of the two lower shelves. I live in a one bedroom apartment, and it works very well for me. I like that they are in one little area of their own.
Jen
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

Still setting up as I just switched again to a different nursery room. I have quite a bit more to squeeze in here!
cookielover

Post by cookielover »

I think the only way to "do it" is to limit the number of babies you buy. Ruth
Love is not defined by what the other can give you, but who they allow you to be.
hookedoncrochet

Post by hookedoncrochet »

I have my two full bodied silicone babies l7 and l9" and a 12" clay baby. one 12" silicone and two 9" silicones plus a 6" silicone baby on a pouffe in the corner of our lounge, I have another reborn in a high chair and one in a low wicker chair in the dining room. The rest of my reborns from 5" to 23" are used as models for orders and these are kept in a large lidded box in the conservatory that is off the lounge. Will take a picture when the weather ets better and the larger silicones have some clothes on lol, they are in their nappies at the moment.
Susan Cornelius

Post by Susan Cornelius »

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70301537/
Before I made a nursery - I thought about getting one of these shelves and putting the baskets in the holes each holding one baby. There are smaller units too. If you didn't have that many babies - you could use the other spaces for books or other things.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Oh I'm loving seeing and hearing about all of these set ups! I do love to look at clever ways nurseries, no matter how big or small, are set up. :heart:
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations