SHIPPING FROM SPAIN?

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Susan@childrenoftheheart

SHIPPING FROM SPAIN?

Post by Susan@childrenoftheheart »

I have a kit that I would like for someone in Spain that I saw on Facebook reborn for me. Has anyone had babies/dolls come from Spain? If so, any problems??? Do we pay customs fees for the finished baby when it arrives in the U.S.?

Thanks.
KLynn17

Re: SHIPPING FROM SPAIN?

Post by KLynn17 »

I had a doll come from Spain, and it was super fast and no custom fees.
dianareed

Post by dianareed »

Hi Susan...

I had a baby come from Spain. It arrived unwrapped, thrown back into the box, face down, and the other items were rifled through. Luckily, the doll wasn't damaged. It's the Customs Agents that do this. If I were you, I'd have the doll sent via UPS. They have their own customs agents on the plane, who scan the boxes before de-planing.

Also, we, here in the USA do not pay customs fees.

Hope this helps. :heart: :heart: :heart:
tuckerk

Post by tuckerk »

I have ordered a few babies from Maribel Villanova in Spain and she gets them here real quick and safely and of course beautifully too.............Hugs, Kathy
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Thanks everyone! I was thinking of having someone do a reborn for me but am hesitating as I have to send the kit and then wait to get it back.
Jasmin

Post by Jasmin »

I just received a package from Spain and it arrived within a few days. And there is no tax or custom fees to pay.
My Prince Charming Humphrey Elliott Lucas by Andrea Arcello
Sandie Girl

Post by Sandie Girl »

Gosh you ladies are so lucky no customs fees. We get slammed here. We get charged 15% GST tax on the value plus shipping converted to our New Zealand dollar then a $45.00 fee on top of that. So if I buy a baby worth say US $600.00 it costs me around $260.00 to get it home from Customs. Someone's doing well and it's not us! :headspin:
MariaJose and Zu

Post by MariaJose and Zu »

Susan@childrenoftheheart wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:18 pm Thanks everyone! I was thinking of having someone do a reborn for me but am hesitating as I have to send the kit and then wait to get it back.
Susan, there is no problem to receive something prioritary from Spain. It's fast, safe and you do not pay customs in USA.

BUT it is very different if you are going to send the kit to Spain for someone to do the reborned. That is bad and very expensive for you and can also be very problematic for the reborner.

YOU MUST KNOW THAT IN SPAIN EVERYTHING GOES BY CUSTOMS, DO NOT MATTER THE PRICE OR METHOD USED TO SEND.
THE CUSTOMS RATES ARE VERY ABUSIVE, AROUND 40 - 45% OF THE DECLARED VALUE OF THE DOLL AND SHIPPING COSTS.
IN ADDITION, THE TIME THE CUSTOMS PROCEDURES ARE TAKEN IS LONG, THREE WEEKS APPROXIMATELY, SOMETIMES MORE.

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT: YOU MUST ENSURE THAT THE REBORNER KNOWS TO MAKE THE CUSTOMS PROCEDURES. OTHERWISE IT WOULD BE AN UNPLEASANT EXPERIENCE FOR YOU AND FOR HER.

If you want sincere advice, I would not do it.

A big hug, :hug: :foryou:

Maria Jose

Zu, forever in my heart :heart:
EmilyJ

Post by EmilyJ »

I believe for most countries there is a way to get a package declared as a temporary import to exempt it from customs fees, but I don't know much about it. You would have to do some research on how to do that. And there will be no customs fees for the doll to come back into the states.
:heart: Lilliana reborn by Daria Makarenkova :heart:
Lilliana doll kits are available to purchase now!

http://www.babiesbyemily.com/
http://www.facebook.com/babiesbyemily
Susan@childrenoftheheart

Thank you everyone for your quick responses. I decided to go with an excellent reborner in Russia who has already done three babies for me in the past. Playing it safe. Thank you again everybody for your input.