Antique Dolls

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Norene

Antique Dolls

Post by Norene »

I recently acquired 2 antique dolls. I don't know much about them. If anyone can tell me anything about them I'd appreciate it. I didn't know if anyone here collects and would be interested in them as I would like to sell them. Thanks for any information.

The first one is about 23" tall with a china head/shoulder plate, 1/2 china arms and legs with a cloth body.

The 2nd doll is about 17" tall with a porcelain head and body. She is a Schoenau & Hoffmeister Hanna
Norene
georgeanne

Re: Antique Dolls

Post by georgeanne »

I think you might see about selling them on Ebay. I have antique china shoulder heads and Armand Marseilles and a few other makers. They are my first love. Let me see if I have my antique doll books somewhere that I can get to them and I will let you know. There are Ladies here that collect antique dolls as well, but not many and I think it would be worth it to educate yourself first before selling them to be honest.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
Norene

Post by Norene »

Thank you for the input Georgeanne.
Norene
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

Post by LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS »

Norene wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:21 pm I recently acquired 2 antique dolls. I don't know much about them. If anyone can tell me anything about them I'd appreciate it. I didn't know if anyone here collects and would be interested in them as I would like to sell them. Thanks for any information.

The first one is about 23" tall with a china head/shoulder plate, 1/2 china arms and legs with a cloth body.

The 2nd doll is about 17" tall with a porcelain head and body. She is a Schoenau & Hoffmeister Hanna
They both look like reproductions made in ceramic class....
Norene

Post by Norene »

I do know that they are originals and are very old. A lady in her 90's had them when she was little.
Norene
Barbara L.

Post by Barbara L. »

They are both pretty dolls.
I have seen the lady doll before as both an antique and as a reproduction.
I have some of them that my grandmother made.
Your lady doll looks more like an antique to me.
Dolls for Sale: https://www.reborns.com/VinStyleandMore and Vintage baby clothes & shoes for sale: https://vinstyleandmore.etsy.com
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

The china could be old but not the other one
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Last edited by georgeanne on Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

I have been collecting for more then 30 years and have many antique dolls so I know dolls pretty well......just trying to help.
Last edited by LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS on Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Linda I have been collecting for a lot longer than 30 years and started with antique dolls. I sent her the pictures for reference so she can do her own research.

Norene

Post by Norene »

Thank you ladies. I will go through these links. I'm not very familiar with the antique dolls so I wasn't really sure where to start that's why I thought Doll Fan might be able to give me some direction. I sure do appreciate your help!
Norene
LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS

georgeanne wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:09 pm Linda I have been collecting for a lot longer than 30 years and started with antique dolls. I sent her the pictures for reference so she can do her own research.
Sorry....
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

LINDASLITTLEBLESSINGS wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:27 pm
georgeanne wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:09 pm Linda I have been collecting for a lot longer than 30 years and started with antique dolls. I sent her the pictures for reference so she can do her own research.
Sorry....

No reason to be sorry I shouldn’t have said that, I just have personally said something was such and such and I was so sure, only to find our I was wrong, I have embarrassed myself that way on more than a few occasions. :oops: For me I have to see something in person before making a judgment call, and even then as I said I have made myself look like an idiot.

:foryou: :foryou: :foryou: Linda.