Removing the smell of cigarette smoke

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
moyasbuttonbabies

Removing the smell of cigarette smoke

Post by moyasbuttonbabies »

Can anyone recommend anything to use x
Tracy Lorraine

Re: Removing the smell of cigarette smoke

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

moyasbuttonbabies

Post by moyasbuttonbabies »

Silicone cloth body x
Annette

Post by Annette »

I put mine into a plastic bag, and then into a garbage bag that had an open bag of charcoal in it....outside on my deck, for a few months. It worked quite well, but there was still a slight trace of the smoke smell. I changed her body and stuffing too.
Hugs Annette
janecuts

Post by janecuts »

I've had pretty good success putting things in plastic bag or double pillow cases with open box of baking soda and open container of Arm and Hammer carpet or kitty litter powder.
Jane
kelly

Post by kelly »

i got a vinyl doll with heavy cigarett smell. Yuck! What worked for me is taking the doll apart. Throw away all stuffing and cloth body. Then i took 3 grocery store paper bags and put the head in one, arms in one and legs in one bag all with a bowl of baking soda on the side. Then i folded down the the bags and left it for a couple days. Change the baking soda every couple days. Keep doing this until the smell goes away. After the smell is gone put doll back together with new body and stuffing materials.
susan2015

Post by susan2015 »

I have received silicone babies that smelt so strong of smoke that as soon as I opened the box the smell was overpowering :?
I ask sellers now if a non smoking home but still occasionally receive a baby that smells of cigarettes :banghead:
I have tried the cat litter method and leaving outside to air. But unfortunately I have never had great success removing the smell from silicone completely.
Good luck Moya :foryou: