Possible scammer

#1 Rule - Play Nice PLEASE!!
#2 Rule - This is not a forum for sales or wanted....please keep it to just general doll discussion.
Doll4Sara

Possible scammer

Post by Doll4Sara »

Ladies
:banghead: Yesterday afternoon I was contacted via email by a lady interested in purchasing my Emerie Mei. I provided her with additional photos (including COA) in what I thought was the final step in a sale she requested a safety photo. She asked me to provide this photo with her daughter's name on it. I did provide this photo but added "safety photo for: daughter's name". After providing all this information no response from the prospective buyer.

During an evening conversation last night with another DF member I discovered that she had been approached yesterday by "the daughter" via FB messenger to trade the silicone doll she has listed here on DF for an Emerie Mei. We were both alarmed by the apparent coincidence.

This situation concerns me! I am very afraid she has enough information to convince someone she has my Emerie Mei in her possession and than enter into a trade.

My Emerie Mei #6/25 is only for sale not trade and she is only listed here on DF. I am not a member on any of the FB sites. PLEASE, if you see or hear of anything that may involve my doll, contact me and I will do what ever I can to correct it.

I appolagize for my mistake & possibly putting others at risk.

Sara
Jespeon106

Re: Possible scammer

Post by Jespeon106 »

Wow that’s awful! I’ll be on the lookout for anything suspicious. Thank you for informing us!

Hugs from SugarKissNursery
mariont

Post by mariont »

You don’t need to apologise Sara you have done nothing wrong . This is the latest scam we must all be very careful . The way the dolly world is right now has put me off selling for sure .
Tracy Lorraine

Post by Tracy Lorraine »

You didn’t do anything wrong! I’m so sorry this is happening to you. I’ll be on the lookout.
Court_LLRN

Post by Court_LLRN »

Unfortunately, that is indeed the newest form of scamming and you are definitely not the first person this has happened to. I am terribly sorry :(
But this is definitely a warning: do NOT ever put anyone else's name when they request. I am glad that you at least put "FOR: daughter's name' but I'm sure they could photoshop that out. :(
Social Media:
Court LLRN Creations
Jenny

Post by Jenny »

If you could share the potential scammers name, the picture itself for us to see so we can be on the lookout for it( maybe you can watermark it somehow) How did she contact you? Ebay, Facebook, Dollfan ??????
LadyFortuna

Post by LadyFortuna »

Wow, that is innovatively sneaky! Thanks for sharing this as I would’ve probably done the same. I would even change your post’s title to “New 2018 Scams” or something to alert the doll community. For safety photos, I would ask for a very specific angle of the doll along side a photo of a newspaper for that day showing the date.

"[Collecting dolls] is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."
-Forrest Gump
Doll4Sara

Post by Doll4Sara »

Thank you for all your support!! This is the info I have on her.
Original email to me:
rps20180217_092254.jpg
The safety pictures I sent:
rps20180216_180615.jpg
Alba contacted another DF member by FB messenger.

I hate to say it but I am a little "gun shy" right now, I have always felt so safe in this environment. I feel like we have been invaded!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
georgeanne

Post by georgeanne »

Doll4Sara wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:37 am Thank you for all your support!! This is the info I have on her.
Original email to me:
rps20180217_092254.jpg
The safety pictures I sent:rps20180216_180615.jpg
Alba contacted another DF member by FB messenger.

I hate to say it but I am a little "gun shy" right now, I have always felt so safe in this environment. I feel like we have been invaded!
I guess I must be interpreting the writing on the picture differently than what you are thinking. It appears to me from the writing on the picture that you took the picture for Alba Haze. For instance if I asked you for a picture to make sure you had the doll in your possession I would ask you to put my name (Georgeanne) on the picture showing me that you have the doll and sent the picture specifically to me. Does that make sense? In other words since I asked you and you put "for Georgeanne" to me it would mean that since you used my name you indeed have the doll you are posting for sale. Let me also say that I wouldn't ask you to put my name on the safety picture to begin with, but I am just wondering if that was the person's reasoning.
BRONX & COLT BORN 10/16/2015 Our Grandbabies, Forever in Our Hearts.

"When you can't look on the bright side, I will sit with you in the dark." Alice in Wonderland